Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

thanks so much for the information. How often does the bus# 26 have trips from Osterport? Also, how long is the walk from the Unicef to the port? Im trying to weigh if taking the taxi would be my better option. Also, I have to consider that I will be hauling luggages to the port from the airport. Do you think taking public transport is still practical given that we arrive Copenhagen on a Saturday?

thanks

Josephine

As you can see on this timetaple only the departures marked with C or G goes out to UNICEF.

So its 2 departures each hour, most of the day its minute number 20 and 50 but it changes later in the day as you can see.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002610000&line_gid=9011200002600000&line_name=26&journey_gid=9025200000030585#navigate

But remember the cruise shuttle goes to and from Østerport and the cruise terminals between 08:00 in the morning and 16:00, they have no fixed timetable but goes all the time.

The cruise shuttle only goes from the bus stop called "26 Holdeplads", The regular bus 26 stops at both bus stops.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

Here is the bus stop

If you look at the Street View you can see for yourself how long the walk is, if your ship is the only in port it will most likely be docked where the Royal Princess is docked.

If you walk further along the pier you can see some yellow busses both next to Royal Princess and Eurodam.

These are the route 26 shuttle busses, this leads me to think that if you take the shuttle it will stop next to the terminals.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Unicef+F%C3%A6rgehavn+Nord/@55.713825,12.6196867,17z/data=!4m7!1m4!3m3!1s0x465252b848542021:0x5125d6ae3b01baee!2sOceankaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn!3b1!3m1!1s0x465252b9b1b7b737:0xee5254d82b87707d

We will be docking in Copenhagen May 29, 2015 at Oceankaj Port. This is an over night port so will be leaving the ship on May 30, 2015. Our flight leaves at 7:50 AM. Any recommendations on who to book for getting the 7 of us, with luggage, to the airport? Also, what time should we schedule the pick up time? Is 5 AM OK?

Thanks in advance!

Mary

• 3 weeks later...

Danish Viking,

Thanks for all your helps! Do you know if all the construction has finished for Oceankaj? And if there are plenty of taxi's waiting on the cruises to disembark? We've been told 1. That there are not many taxi's waiting? 2. That the cost can be high due to the taxi's waiting on construction and waiting to leave, and 3. That they don't pre-book due to knowing that cruise lines will be docked. Just trying to figure out our best options since going by train won't work with so many of us, and all our luggage.

There is no construction at Oceankaj, perhaps you are thinking about the extension by the harbour done by landfills to the north of the pier.

This work continues until 2025.

http://www.nordhavnen.dk/english.aspx

There was some start up problems when the new terminal opened but these problems was only in the beginning.

The traffic should be better now.

1) I have not heard about this, not that can´t happen but its clealy not a big issue.

2) The price for a taxi to the airport should be no more than 450 kroner, off course depending on day and time of travel as it can influence prices as well.

3) The same as number 1.

There is no construction at Oceankaj, perhaps you are thinking about the extension by the harbour done by landfills to the north of the pier.

This work continues until 2025.

http://www.nordhavnen.dk/english.aspx

There was some start up problems when the new terminal opened but these problems was only in the beginning.

The traffic should be better now.

1) I have not heard about this, not that can´t happen but its clealy not a big issue.

2) The price for a taxi to the airport should be no more than 450 kroner, off course depending on day and time of travel as it can influence prices as well.

3) The same as number 1.

Great!!! And thank you for responding so quickly! Knew you would know all these things, and thank you for the helps! We can't wait to visit your wonderful Denmark!

The location of Østerport station, Sløjfen where the cruise sjuttle departs.

Bus 26 - When cruise ships dock at Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) shuttle buses will run between Østerport station, Sløjfen and Oceankaj (cruise ship terminal) from 8 AM until 4 PM.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/%C3%98sterport+St.,+Sl%C3%B8jfen/@55.693549,12.591225,498m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x465252e0509b6503:0x67f1b40f512f1420

Thank you. We were going to take a taxi, but this looks easy.

seechickgo: I have the same concern regarding the taxi and terminal situation. I emailed the taxi company for a quote (for our group of 13) and expressed the concern about the new terminal. Here is the response:

"It’s true that there were some problems at the new terminal this year – 2014 was the inaugural year. The problem was that the city planners hadn’t taken into account, the large amount of lorry’s and other trucks that use the area out there. And so all the traffic lights were set up wrong.

So to begin with it was chaos out there. So because of the traffic, some customers chose to get out of the taxi, and walk quite a long way. But the city sorted it out very quickly, and we very rarely have any issues out there.

But you can be dropped off directly at the terminals, and the ships dock right next to them. I have been there myself, and it’s a very nice and professional setup."

So I believe the problem is resolved.

Yes this is also what I heard.

Plus that the taxi company fails to mention that it also helped that the transport authority decided to add the before mentioned cruise shuttles to Østerport station.

That cruise shuttle wasn't in place when the terminal opened.

Another thing that's going to help is a new access road to the motorway network that opens later tho year.

When that opens it will probably mean that there will be a better distribution of the cars and lorries exiting the port area as the city is to the south and tho new tunnel is to the north.

In the near future (around 10-15 years) the new access road will be extended by a tunnel under the Svanemøllen bay to the port area so there will be 2 roads out of the port.

Also the metro that opens as far as Orientkaj in the north harbour in 2019 will also be extended further out to the north harbour, presumably with Oceankaj as one of the first extensions.

seechickgo: I have the same concern regarding the taxi and terminal situation. I emailed the taxi company for a quote (for our group of 13) and expressed the concern about the new terminal. Here is the response:

"It’s true that there were some problems at the new terminal this year – 2014 was the inaugural year. The problem was that the city planners hadn’t taken into account, the large amount of lorry’s and other trucks that use the area out there. And so all the traffic lights were set up wrong.

So to begin with it was chaos out there. So because of the traffic, some customers chose to get out of the taxi, and walk quite a long way. But the city sorted it out very quickly, and we very rarely have any issues out there.

But you can be dropped off directly at the terminals, and the ships dock right next to them. I have been there myself, and it’s a very nice and professional setup."

So I believe the problem is resolved.

Yay! Thanks for the added confirmation! The taxi company I emailed said that due to all of the taxi companies knowing when the cruise ships come in, there was no need in pre-booking. We were looking to pre book a taxi van, but he assured me that there would be plenty there. So nice to know all has been settled and there are not many issues. Had read a review where one gentlemen stated his parents were charged about 160 dkk before even leaving the area due to the traffic congestion. Just trying to get an idea of what it's truly like!

And thanks for all the helps and comments! We can not wait to see Copenhagen!

Thank you to all who posted. It is very reassuring to know that taxis are now available. I was getting stressed reading the prior posts.

Our family of five will need to make a 12:20 pm flight on the day we disembark. We have decided to take the shuttle to Østerport station after we request to get off the ship early (8a.m.) and walk our luggage off.

If we can get our chip and pin card to work (we never know until we get there no matter what our credit card company says...), we will buy our tickets at Østerport station.

Does anyone know what Terminal at the airport (Lufthavn) the train arrives? I am thinking it is Terminal 3, where SAS is located.

Thank you again, Danish Viking, for all your helpful posts. It is most appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Do we need to buy ticket for the shuttle bus that runs from Ocean Quay to Osterport? We will cruise on Ms Eurodam on May 8, 2015. I asked HAL, and HAL says that they only offer transportation from airport to cruise port.

Thanks,

Hi,

Do we need to buy ticket for the shuttle bus that runs from Ocean Quay to Osterport? We will cruise on Ms Eurodam on May 8, 2015. I asked HAL, and HAL says that they only offer transportation from airport to cruise port.

Thanks,

Yes you just buy them by the driver or at your mobile phone. Check out dot.dk.

If you buy a 3 zone ticket instead for 36 kroner your ticket is valid for the entire trip to the airport.

If you only need a ticket to Østerport or central Copenhagen its only a 2 zone ticket that costs 24.

Thanks so much, Danish Viking!

For taking taxi, is it the same price for the taxi for 5pp vs 4pp? Is there a surcharge?

Is the shuttle bus stop close to all the terminals? If not, is it the long walk from the bus stop?

MS Eurodam will dock at C330 (May 8 2015), which is, according to cruiseportWiki, Terminal 1. However, someone in this thread posted that Eurodam docked at C330 (in 2014), which is Terminal 3, and it matched with what we saw in the google map (also in this thread). Is taxi the only option for old people to commute between the terminal & Copenhagen center, if it' s too long to walk?

C330 is the whole pier.

C331 is terminal 1

C332 is terminal 2

C333 is terminal 3

I have noticed that there is also a C334 but I'm guessing its reserved for a 4th terminal.

If you look at google street view of Oceankaj you can see a yellew bus next to terminal 1 and 3 where a ship is docked and I'm pretty sure they are parked there as well tho year.

The taxi will be more expensive as you will need a bigger van.

Both the starting fee and kilometer price is more expensive so I'm guessing that you can add 50-100 kroner to the ride to the airport.