Can you get more Crown and Anchor points?

My case involves non-married and different last names - and we do have the same (higher of the two) points. The cruise history lists actual cruises taken by each person, and those two lists do not match.

Same here. We are married but still different last names (just in the process of updating that kind of stuff). It lists our cruises, the lists are different. My wifes list clearly shows 3 cruises for 20 nights. On the main page she is Diamond with 93 points.

I don't think she knows or cares how many points we have as long as we have matching benefits. I also do not care if the points match, as long as the benefits are matched at the higher tier level.

Also on another note, I never specifically requested for accounts to be linked but they already were. I guess because we cruise together and from the same address...it must be something they just automatically do sometimes, but still it's good to call C&A to verify to make sure.

Also on another note, I never specifically requested for accounts to be linked but they already were. I guess because we cruise together and from the same address...it must be something they just automatically do sometimes, but still it's good to call C&A to verify to make sure.

Good point!

Question: How can I verify that my wife and I have "linked" accounts?
If you have not taken the same cruises (or similar length and cabin category cruises), then you should have different C&A point counts if you are not linked; same point count if you are linked. Note that if you and your wife have taken the same RCI cruises, there is no advantage to being linked. There is a disadvantage to being linked, since their is only one set of C&A gifts (which comes at Diamond level) per relationship. Two unlinked C&A members sharing a cabin should (YMMV) each receive their own appropriate C&A gifts. Because our accounts are linked, Lyn did not get her 140 point ship block as I had already gotten one. When Lyn passes 175 points (D+) we plan to unlink so that she can get her own C&A gifts; that's the plan anyway, we'll see how that works.

Thom

I wish you got extra points for onboard spending above a certain amount, I believe HAL does this :)

In a different manner RCI does this with double cruise points issued to passengers in Junior Suites and higher v standard staterooms. That clearly is linked to total spent - at least for the stateroom portion of the cruise.

They also award cruise points for nights spent on RCI sponsored land based Cruise Tours. Realize this is not what you are saying but it is another way RCI will accrue additional points for their customers.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Linking and un-linking accounts can be a sticky wicket!! Here is my story... if it helps... just a reminder to be careful linking unlinking...

I sailed prior to marrying my hubby.. and he sailed with me... several times after we were married. Our accounts were linked prior to his first cruise. This was under the original system, prior to listing points, etc on line (yep... I'm old enough to have sailed prior to being able to find anything on line and pre-Cruise Critic!!) When our history appeared on line he had all my cruises listed as his cruises -- that was okay with me and it just made things easier. As time went on and I sailed without him (someone had to stay home to take care of the dogs LOL) my sailings did not show on his account, but we were both D+ so nothing changed... he maintained the same status as me. When my hubby passed away I called to have him removed from C&A (and actually they can't do that... he just becomes inactive... not sure what that means). But the agent did say that it was good that I had more than enough cruises to stay at D+, because when the relationship is severed, points go back to individual points earned. When I was talking with the nice C&A agent I also asked her to change my mom's address to my home address, as she was moving in with me. She said, you know you can have your C&A accounts linked, and I said.. are you sure? Oh yes, same address, family relationship. Great. Mom was D... so her being able to be D+ was a nice little perk (although she was only a few cruises away from D+ on her own). They sent her a nice welcome letter and luggage tags. It showed D+ on the web site, though her points were her actual earned points. Our first cruise after all this, her set sail pass showed Diamond. The on board C&A person said it was just a timing thing... and fixed her card to D+. When we got home I checked the site and it had dropped mom back to D. Called, got it fixed. On the next cruise, same thing, her seapass card said D. Stop by the C&A desk... they read through all the notes and changed it. No problem. Back home, the web site showed D. Called, they fixed it again. Next cruise, yep you guessed it, same thing... D on the SetSail Pass. On to the C&A -- who was really nice, and told us that they again dropped her back to D. He gave her a D+ card and asked me to call when I got home. I called and relayed the whole story. They read through all the notes. I told them, if this was a problem, we'd let mom be a D (she only had 4 nites to go to make D+) That is when the agent told me that they make the changes, but they have to go through an approval. It was looking like when the supervisor saw it was a mother/daughter and not a 'partner' they kicked it. They said they could try again.. but we decided to just let it go and mom would be D+ after another cruise. When we boarded our next cruise we had a nice note from the C&A rep... and talked with her. She said she had gotten a note and would be happy to up mom to D+ for this cruise... but we were more than happy with the D lounge (we often go to the D lounge because the view is better!) The good thing about not being linked is that we do now get 2 C&A Diamond gifts. They treat us as two non-related individual cruisers.

I do have to say that on the cruise where mom made D+ the C&A rep was so nice... pins... and personally recognized her and thanks her for remaining loyal.

Clearly this is a course to consider - however I urge caution because, unless he is at least Diamond, I'm not sure its worth it.....

just sayin'

:p

He'd love to think he was a diamond :rolleyes:

So funny! LOL

OP, have a great cruise. You sound excited!! :D:D:D

It will be my second cruise. It'll be awesome. :-)

We did a retrospective last year on the Majesty of the Seas. 4 days. He'd been on it, with is family, after it was launched in 1992. We did a retrospective for him and my first cruise ever. I loved it.

Next ship will be the Adventure of the Seas, which his family went on in 2003. We'll be doing a 7 day cruise.

As his family always went in suites, as it was more cost effective for them as a group, he got double the points.

It's a shame they don't do special offers where by you can earn a bonus point here to there, a bit like airmiles.

Edited by omro1975

I wish you got extra points for onboard spending above a certain amount, I believe HAL does this :)

Yes, they do. I was on a 12 night cruise and I got extra points for booking a suite, for every night we ate in a specialty restaurant, and for our amount of on board spending. After only 1 cruise with them, I'm a 2 Star Mariner (their second tier).

Yes, YOUR comment is not an accurate statement. The C&A site DOES list the higher point count (like LMaxwell I have confirmed this by looking at our linked accounts).

I believe that C&A does still keep a second count with points that are actually earned (versus the higher point count from the linked account), but this is not shown on your C&A webpage. In the event that the accounts are unlinked, I think that your status will remain the same, but with the point count reverting to the actual earned points. Statements in this paragraph are my understanding, and are not guaranteed:cool:

Thom

Yep! My DH was credited with equal points when I cruised with our daughters and sister, though he didn't go.

In a different manner RCI does this with double cruise points issued to passengers in Junior Suites and higher v standard staterooms. That clearly is linked to total spent - at least for the stateroom portion of the cruise.

They also award cruise points for nights spent on RCI sponsored land based Cruise Tours. Realize this is not what you are saying but it is another way RCI will accrue additional points for their customers.

And celebrity now do points based on cabin type inside/outside/verandah/ suites ranging all the way up to I think 28 points per night for top suites. Certainly more geared to price paid for cruise!

It's all about the address, folks. My son and his (then) fiancee signed her up: different names, same address. She became Diamond on the spot. They are married now, but still with different names/same address, and same point count.

I go on more cruises than my husband, because I cruise with a friend every so often. When I get back, both my husband's and my accounts are updated with my higher points.

Edited by pcur

It's a running joke in my family that my second (current) wife married me for my Diamond status :p.

Same thing is happening to my daughter, except she's the one with the Diamond status.:)

Why mess around with all this marriage stuff. Considering the competence of RCL's IT department, just log on to the website and change your address to his:) By the time they figure it out, you'll have enough points for it not to matter;)

If you are marrying for points, go Pinnacle:D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I understand from C&A that's a no!!!!!

I spoke with them recently regarding DD and how her status works when she reaches 18. Anyway long story short they said that no one is "grandfathered" in via relationship to Pinnacle, and that it is the only level where each person has to earn there way into it.

I'll let you know what happens to DH when I get there;)

I understand from C&A that's a no!!!!!

I spoke with them recently regarding DD and how her status works when she reaches 18. Anyway long story short they said that no one is "grandfathered" in via relationship to Pinnacle, and that it is the only level where each person has to earn there way into it.

I'll let you know what happens to DH when I get there;)

Actually, I believe you can attain Pinnacle by being designated the "significant other" of another Pinnacle member. However, the max children can attain via their parents is Diamond Plus.