St Kitts Ecxcursions

I tried posting this on the ports of call board but after 132 views and no responses I figured I'd try where most people view messages.

I've got a 6 year old who is your typical loves to have fun, run around and be active type kid. Are there any excursions in St Kitts that would be good for this type of kid. I've seen the beach things but they seem a little too laid back for him. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

If I were you, I'd get a guidebook on St. Kitts...or google it....get an idea of what each port has to offer. That way, you can pick the right excursion or DIY activity for your family. A bit of research goes a LOOOOONG way!

We were in St. Kitts recently without our kids, but I think they would have loved the Brimstone Hill Fortress and the rainforest. We took a private island tour and our kids would have enjoyed it. The fort has some steep drops (and no safety bars), but there are huge steps to climb and large grassy areas. The lower level of the fort is pretty safe and a place a 6yo boy would love to explore.

We added a rainforest "walk" to our private tour (the tour company, Thenford Grey, had it as a separate tour option). The walk was not strenuous, and again I think a 6yo would enjoy it.

Our tour also included the batik, which he would probably find boring but the grounds are very pretty (and it is right beside the rainforest).

Here's a quick review I wrote about our stop in St. Kitts:

St. Kitts – we took a private Island tour with Thenford Grey (not him directly, but one of his guides). In addition to touring the island, we also walked through the rainforest. After watching the zip liners fly over our heads, we all agreed that next time we want to give that a try! St. Kitts was probably my favorite island on this trip. There were so many interesting stops – Caribelle Batik, the rainforest, Brimstone Hill Fortress (a world heritage site), and Timothy Hill (where you can see both the Atlantic and Caribbean). We ended at Cockleshell Beach, but didn’t have much time before we needed to head back to our ship.