Prinsendam

travel09

Very disappointed to be notified today of Port change on Prinsendam 34 day Arctic and Celtic Journey ,23rd June, 14... You have such expectations of places you long to see, and to have that opportunity taken away when St Malo is removed from the itinerary ,and replaced by Cherbourg, is very sad indeed.. Not had that happen on H.A.L before...

Very disappointed to be notified today of Port change on Prinsendam 34 day Arctic and Celtic Journey ,23rd June, 14... You have such expectations of places you long to see, and to have that opportunity taken away when St Malo is removed from the itinerary ,and replaced by Cherbourg, is very sad indeed.. Not had that happen on H.A.L before...

That is a disappointing change. Were you originally scheduled from Amsterdam instead of IJmuiden?

It's always disappointing when ports change. Ours have changed on the P'dam too but due to the strife in the Ukraine.

So, if you want to look at the bright side - St. Malo is a tender port and it can be tough to tender there. We honestly wondered if it would happen.

Cherbourg is an exquisite spot. We went to the Normandy Beaches and the Bayeux Tapestry last time. I would love to go back to explore Cherbourg itself. Truly magnificent.

The St. Malo port just got cancelled for our 9/12/14 Prinsendam stop and replaced with Brest. Perhaps they wanted to avoid the tender issue as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by madera1

I am disappointed as well but I have reached out to a few tour operators in Cherbourg to see if they will do a tour to Mont Saint Michel. I will do a posting in the 28 day Celtic/Iceland Roll Call if something can be organized.

The St. Malo port just got cancelled for our 9/12/14 Prinsendam stop and replaced with Brest. Perhaps they wanted to avoid the tender issue as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hearing about a possible tender issue on our Sept. 7th Prinsendam cruise makes it a bit easier to miss St. Malo. We will make the best of the change. Anyone been to Brest? Advice would be welcome. We are looking at a few options but nothing stands out yet!

Hearing about a possible tender issue on our Sept. 7th Prinsendam cruise makes it a bit easier to miss St. Malo. We will make the best of the change. Anyone been to Brest? Advice would be welcome. We are looking at a few options but nothing stands out yet!

We were there in May on the Prinsendam. Free shuttle into town. Not much in town except some shopping and a fort. Most of the city is modern, most everything having been destroyed in the war

Best was a good seafood lunch by the waterfront. Last stop on the shuttle

I am disappointed as well but I have reached out to a few tour operators in Cherbourg to see if they will do a tour to Mont Saint Michel. I will do a posting in the 28 day Celtic/Iceland Roll Call if something can be organized.

Mont St Michel is really too far. We did Bayeaux. And some of the Normandy villages

No worry…you'll have an excellent time out of Cherbourg….Overlord Tours did an outstanding job with a private tour for us of the Normandy area…fantastic. I would HIGHLY suggest doing it. It was way more moving than I thought it would be. Contact them ASAP if you are interested since they are quite a popular tour company with excellent staff. I checked and our guide is no longer with them, but I'm sure they are all excellent.