To All The Sailaway Addicts

mamaofami

We stay close to home in the summers but once the fall comes we will be packed and flying off to Barcelona to meet up with Kazu and her DH - they are going to be our tour guides for a couple of days prior to our cruise on the EE - Prinsendam. We will cruising for 30 days - looking forward to meeting up with other CCers we met on the EE last spring!! Great to hear from the Sail Away Addicts even when there aren't any HAL ships to watch leaving PE.

Rich, thank you for what you are doing for our heroes.

The Enchantment is my favorite RCI ship. From their schedule it looks like Captain Gus Andersson should be coming back from vacation sometime in mid-October. If you get him, be sure to be on deck for sailaway. He loves to use the horn leaving Port Canaveral.

Are you still planning on the Ryndam for New Years?

Roy

Quite frankly Roy, it was an honor being able to see that my veteran got to enjoy his day at his memorial, amongst many others. If anyone is interested, I've posted photos of the trip here. The Honor Flight organization does a wonderful service for our vets.

I've got the name of the captain you've commended to me and will be sure to look for him! Thanks for that. Yes, we are still on the Ryndam over New Year's this year too. My DW's parent and sister and husband are also joining us.

Hopefully, we can catch eachother somewhere on the oceans! :)

Thanks for starting this thread, Carol. And, I'm so glad that you're now able to think of cruising again....baby steps with the Canada/New England cruise where you're not too far from land up and down the coast.

Our next cruise is another TA from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale on the Noordam in October.

Truth be told, I'm itching to add on a few days in Italy prior and maybe switching to the NA. We really loved the NA last fall...so I may switch out.

It's so nice chatting with all of you, even though we're not waiting for the toots.

While not cruising yet, we're spending the month of June celebrating my oldest grandson's 18th birthday, his graduation from high school, and his acceptance to New York University's Tish school of the arts where he'll be studying film writing. We've had 2 parties so far and graduation will be in another week.

All your cruise plans sound wonderful.

Sheila, follow your gut and make that switch.

It's so nice chatting with all of you, even though we're not waiting for the toots.

While not cruising yet, we're spending the month of June celebrating my oldest grandson's 18th birthday, his graduation from high school, and his acceptance to New York University's Tish school of the arts where he'll be studying film writing. We've had 2 parties so far and graduation will be in another week.

All your cruise plans sound wonderful.

Sheila, follow your gut and make that switch.

Thanks, Carol. I may well do that...earlier, Fred told me, no more than 2 weeks this time around. But I mentioned the 21 days to him today and he told me to do it. So, we'll see. I may cancel...and rebook after final. And, we'll win all the way around.

An exciting time for you with your first grandchild's graduation...enjoy!

They grow up so quickly, don't they?

Next year, we meet a number of the sail a way addicts and re-connect with a few others on the Westerdam for the 'sail a way gang's' Panama cruise on the Queen of Horns. I think we are going to have fun:D We're just not sure who will be left to watch us wave:D

We will be watching you wave as you sail away on the Westerdam:D

We stay close to home in the summers but once the fall comes we will be packed and flying off to Barcelona to meet up with Kazu and her DH - they are going to be our tour guides for a couple of days prior to our cruise on the EE - Prinsendam. We will cruising for 30 days - looking forward to meeting up with other CCers we met on the EE last spring!! Great to hear from the Sail Away Addicts even when there aren't any HAL ships to watch leaving PE.

We're looking forward to it gigianne:D Barcelona is one of our favourite pre cruise cities:)

We will be watching you wave as you sail away on the Westerdam:D

wonderful:D We will be waving:)

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone! Boy did I miss this thread in June!!!:o How about I revive this great thread?

I was sitting here wondering about the webcam and the sailaways and thought I would look around CC and here is this thread.

We have been moping around with nothing constructive ;) to do for several months now. Well, we have a cruise booked for January and have been planning than since last year so need some bonus festivities. I try to check out the webcam but no DAM ship...lol. I will just have to wait for another month or so.:(

On the subject of the webcam, are there still issues with it or the website? Just wondering because the last few times I checked it I could not view the map in the lower left hand corner...the one that used to have the street map or satellite picture. Anyone else have that problem?

It was good to read about what you guys are up to and look forward to getting together soon!:)

Edited by alibabacruisers

DH and I are hopeless sailaway addicts :D

On a driving trip to Lake Placid and Tampa Florida we stopped for the night in Cocoa Beach so we could go to happy hour at Fishlips on the Port Canaveral cruise ship basin. We knew there would be 2 ships sailing that afternoon :D:D:D

Aliaschief and his DW are heading off to Copenhagen for their Viking Passage on the Eurodam (I'm watching closely because I would like to do the same cruise next year:)), and we're all hoping that all the volcanoes behave themselves!

I do check the webcam occasionally, just to see what the weather is, and if there are any interesting ships around. I don't think I've had any problems with the map, but I do need to make myself a little crib sheet of which camera does what! It's like going into the grocery store when they've re-arranged all the food.;)

We're sailing on Wednesday from NEw York on the QM2 if you want to give us a wave. :)

I hope to be watching you and following in your footsteps about October 26, although right now I'd rather still be on the Statendam.

Roy

James Taylor must be so excited at the thought of meeting me. :p - as I am him. :D

What time is he ship due to sail from New York?

Hope you have a fabulous cruise.

Are you settled in your new home?

Edited by erewhon