Promenade staterooms (Freedom)

I can let you know in 3 months.. but I'm sure plenty of others have tried both.

This will be my 3rd time on Freedom. The first 2 were in interior cabins on deck 9 and this time we'll be in a promenade room on deck 7..

Not worth $200 to me. I don't like the layout and the lack of privacy. But some might like the novelty of looking down on the Promenade and also feel less claustrophobic with a window.

Not worth $200 to me.

Same here. I do like Promenade cabins and do generally prefer them to regular inside cabins, but I think that $200 exceeds my willingness to go for the upgrade.

My limit is probably about $100 more.

Edited by Daghis

DW and I have only been on 2 cruises, our 3rd is in September on the Allure of the Seas, both of them have been on the Freedom of the Seas. Each time we booked a Promenade. We love them and would on book that or a balcony.

Hmmmm....we booked a promenade cabin (deck 6) last week & it was the same price as the deck 7 inside cabin. We were in the same area (2 cabins over) last year on FOS & loved it! If you are over a retail store you won't be disturbed by noise. I wouldn't pay $200 more but, for the same price, I booked right away! Happy Sailing!

I really don't like inside cabins (they feel too claustrophobic to me) but do like deck 7 or 8 promenade cabins or perhaps an ocean view if the price is right and you don't want to upgrade to a balcony. Some really like the darkness and privacy of the insides though.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I wouldn't spend an extra 200 bucks on one, all you're really getting is a nice view of the promenade. That's great for watching the parades, or if you get claustrophobic, but not worth that much money IMO.

I'd only consider shelling out that kind of cash for a PR cabin if it were the "Ben and Jerry's Sweet". Due to it's location (overlooking the cow's posteriors above the ice cream shop) it usually comes with free Ben and Jerry's ice cream and Concierge Lounge access, which is a very nice perk.

$200 pp or $200 total? You do gain a bit of square footage and a second bench seating area.

I have one booked, guess I'll find out. At the time of booking it was less than an inside, but that's rare

Whether it is worth it, or not, would depend on just how much time you would spend looking out your window onto the Promenade....think of it that way....

After looking out at the parades, how many more times will you look out, once the novelty wears off, and you have to draw your curtain for privacy?