RC credit card

I have a RCL credit card, can someone give me the telephone # to call so I can get OBC on my cruise. Thank you.

george35

You can use the website:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Or call Royal Rewards: 888-305-4626.

Edited by clarea

Does anyone have the Royal Caribbean credit card? If so, do you find it to be an advantage? If yes, how so? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

We use our Royal/BofA card for many things....including some monthly recurring charges that we have to accrue our points quicker...of course paying for our cruises using it, for those double points.

We redeem the points for $500 to be credited against our upcoming cruises all the time, as we accumulate them. We could do OBC as well, sometimes do.

It works for us.

We've had the card for 10 years. We put everything we can on this card and pay it in full each month.

We used to cash in the points for shipboard credit until we realized we were not getting the most bang for our buck. We have taken 4 free 7 day cruises (paying only for room upgrade and port taxes, etc).

Now with the newest change, we are using the points for 2 free companion fares on an upcoming Allure cruise.

Yes, other cards may give you more cash back, but I might be inclined to spend/use the reward somewhere else. I like the idea of knowing I have a free cruise coming my way.

YMMV :)

Can you explain "getting the most bang for the buck"? Just got the card and want to use it to our best advantage. Thanks.

Edited by Lady Hudson

Can you explain "getting the most bang for the buck"? Just got the card and want to use it to our best advantage. Thanks.

Here are the rules:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_terms_and_conditions_08.20.13.pdf

If you look at the redemptions section, you will see which rewards give you more bang for the buck.

Edited by clarea

If you use the points for shipboard credit, you get a 1% reward. 50,000 points = $500 credit, 125,000 points = $1,250 credit.

If you use them for a free cruise, the points have a max value of $1,000 and $2,500 respectively. These are just 2 examples. Read through the info on the link Bob provided. Lots of details there.

The way my statement looks, it would have said 1232 points and then on another line it would say 1232 bonus points. If you don't have something like that, call B of A because they are the ones who give out the points.

Thanks, that's what I thought by going by past statements, I'll give them a call :)

What card gives you 2 percent? Is there a yearly fee to use the card?

Barclay Arrival World Plus MasterCard; earn 2 point per dollar and when you redeem for travel you get a 10% bonus credit. This one also gives you a bonus of 40,000 points ($400 toward travel) when you spend 3k in the first 3 months on the card. This does have a fee as well.

We've had the card for 10 years. We put everything we can on this card and pay it in full each month.

We used to cash in the points for shipboard credit until we realized we were not getting the most bang for our buck. We have taken 4 free 7 day cruises (paying only for room upgrade and port taxes, etc).

Now with the newest change, we are using the points for 2 free companion fares on an upcoming Allure cruise.

Yes, other cards may give you more cash back, but I might be inclined to spend/use the reward somewhere else. I like the idea of knowing I have a free cruise coming my way.

YMMV :)

You might be surprised when you go to cash in your points for your companion fare - I just got off the phone with the redemption people, and even though I redeemed my points in March ( for a 2/2015 Allure cruise) they told me I couldn't redeem my 75,000 points for a companion fare - which would have been worth $1061 - because of the BOGO sale.:mad:

My 75K points are going to be worth $750.00 instead , which isn't chump change - but def not what I was planning on getting !!

I probably spent at least $65,000 to get those points - if I had put those same charges on my Capital One Venture card they would have been worth $1300 :(

You might want to call the redemption desk at 888-305-4626 to find out your best option.

You might be surprised when you go to cash in your points for your companion fare - I just got off the phone with the redemption people, and even though I redeemed my points in March ( for a 2/2015 Allure cruise) they told me I couldn't redeem my 75,000 points for a companion fare - which would have been worth $1061 - because of the BOGO sale.:mad:

My 75K points are going to be worth $750.00 instead , which isn't chump change - but def not what I was planning on getting !!

I probably spent at least $65,000 to get those points - if I had put those same charges on my Capital One Venture card they would have been worth $1300 :(

You might want to call the redemption desk at 888-305-4626 to find out your best option.

Did you happen to ask if you can use the 75,000 for $750 off the cruise fare? I was told the only way you can use points for a BOGOHO reservation is for OBC.

Another poster here was told that it CAN be used for money off the cruise fare.

Did you happen to ask if you can use the 75,000 for $750 off the cruise fare? I was told the only way you can use points for a BOGOHO reservation is for OBC.

Another poster here was told that it CAN be used for money off the cruise fare.

I think I am going to get the $750 off the cruise fare, but the guy had to talk to a supervisor to make it happen .

I also used 50,000 points for $500 off the fare, as the original plan for the $75 K was for the companion fare.

Who knows what will happen - $750 off fare and $500 OBC??

I won't know for sure until they send me an updated booking confirmation.

I will also see if I get to keep my C&A $225 Balcony discount ......

I will let you all know how I make out as soon as I know for sure.

I just submitted the 2 companion fares on the redemption site over the weekend and forwarded the confirmation to my TA to alert her as well. My cabins were booked a year ago. How can they do this??

Do you think anyone will notify me that I cannot get the value of the companion fares? So far I haven't heard anything, but I don't recall how long it takes for the process,

I would want to have my points returned to me if they do not honor the companion fare. Did you have that option?

Just to be clear, these cabins were booked a year ago and are not part of any BOGO promotion. Do you think we will have an issue getting the companion fare?

Edited by cpa2be
Adding information

I just submitted the 2 companion fares on the redemption site over the weekend and forwarded the confirmation to my TA to alert her as well. My cabins were booked a year ago. How can they do this??

Do you think anyone will notify me that I cannot get the value of the companion fares? So far I haven't heard anything, but I don't recall how long it takes for the process,

I would want to have my points returned to me if they do not honor the companion fare. Did you have that option?

Just to be clear, these cabins were booked a year ago and are not part of any BOGO promotion. Do you think we will have an issue getting the companion fare?

I think the bottom line is that Royal Caribbean can do anything they want at any time regarding the Credit Card points program !!!

I got a price reduction because of the BOGO sale - which might be why I am not getting the full value for my points. YMMV

Right now in my cruise documents they are showing a $500 fare reduction - I guess they can"t decide what to do about the 75K companion fare points !!

I guess we will both have to see - but this whole thing really stinks!

That is the main reason I quit using my RCCL credit card and just use the Capital One - it"s very straightforward. I spend $50,000, get 100,000 pts which are good for $1000 travel purchase. I put $1000 on the cruise and just use the points to cover the $1000 - Easy Peasy !!!

Good Luck !!

Jane

I wonder how they are going to handle it when folks just go online and redeem an award for their BOGOHO reservation. They can't expect everyone to know all the limitations that they are placing on these redemptions.:rolleyes:

I wonder how they are going to handle it when folks just go online and redeem an award for their BOGOHO reservation. They can't expect everyone to know all the limitations that they are placing on these redemptions.:rolleyes:

They will handle it the usual way, you know, SOL.

... We have taken 4 free 7 day cruises (paying only for room upgrade and port taxes, etc)....

... I quit using my RCCL credit card and just use the Capital One...

Let's do the math!

4 free 7-night cruises @ 250,000 points each = 1 million points

Most of points earned on categories other than RCI, rate of 1 point per dollar

$1,000,000 charged to RCI credit card.

If same amount charged to a combination of other credit cards with 2%, 3%, and 5% cash back rewards, then more than $20,000 in cash rewards earned

Value of the free cruises are $2,500 each or $10,000 for four. You could pay for the "free" cruises and have more than $10,000 left over.

We haven't factored in all the other travel agency perks which you had to give up because you were getting a "free" cruise.

(You are also not locked in to redemption for RCI cruises, you can use your cash back for whatever you choose.)

The way I see it, the cruise wasn't "free". You are paying more than double the price for that "free" cruise.

Now most people here, won't be charging a million dollars to their credit card(s) over four or five years, but the principle remains the same.

If it is 4 cruises, 1 cruise, or even on-board credit, you are paying more than double by using the RCI card.

Of course, the RCI card is better than nothing, if you are not using a cash back card as an alternative.

Time to get smart on this and get cash back cards with 2% or higher rebates. There is a bunch of them out there.

Thanks, Jane.

I have used this card exclusively for 10 years. I was disappointed when they changed the point system for a free cruise for 2 on the newer ships as the Allure is my favorite. I understand why it was done - the cruise prices are higher. I am not complaining as I have earned several free cruises. I do wonder how I would fare with other reward cards though. :rolleyes:

When you are redeeming your points from BofA for cash to be credited towards the balance due on your cruise, it should not matter what deal you got when you booked your cruise.

You are using revenue earned from points accumulated.

When you are redeeming your points from BofA for cash to be credited towards the balance due on your cruise, it should not matter what deal you got when you booked your cruise.

You are using revenue earned from points accumulated.

With the RCI card, Bank of America does not handle the redemptions. You must redeem points through RCI.

And more importantly, you cannot redeem for cash.

Edited by Libra_Critic

With the RCI card, Bank of America does not handle the redemptions. You must redeem points through RCI.

And more importantly, you cannot redeem for cash.

I don't want to redeem my points for cash; I want it to be a credit against the balance due on a cruise -- that is why we got it.

We put together the best deal/package we can and then use our points as part of the payment.....it has always worked just fine for us.

I don't want to redeem my points for cash; I want it to be a credit against the balance due on a cruise -- that is why we got it.

We put together the best deal/package we can and then use our points as part of the payment.....it has always worked just fine for us.

The current rules don't allow this.

For example for 50,000 points you can get a discount of $500 which can be used as part of putting together the best deal/package. As part of that process, the restrictions as to what can be combined comes into play. RCI gives with one hand and takes away with the other.

You can't sequentially apply the discount.:(

Time to switch to a 2% or better cash rewards card ;)

Let's do the math!

4 free 7-night cruises @ 250,000 points each = 1 million points

Most of points earned on categories other than RCI, rate of 1 point per dollar

$1,000,000 charged to RCI credit card.

If same amount charged to a combination of other credit cards with 2%, 3%, and 5% cash back rewards, then more than $20,000 in cash rewards earned

Value of the free cruises are $2,500 each or $10,000 for four. You could pay for the "free" cruises and have more than $10,000 left over.

We haven't factored in all the other travel agency perks which you had to give up because you were getting a "free" cruise.

(You are also not locked in to redemption for RCI cruises, you can use your cash back for whatever you choose.)

The way I see it, the cruise wasn't "free". You are paying more than double the price for that "free" cruise.

Now most people here, won't be charging a million dollars to their credit card(s) over four or five years, but the principle remains the same.

If it is 4 cruises, 1 cruise, or even on-board credit, you are paying more than double by using the RCI card.

Of course, the RCI card is better than nothing, if you are not using a cash back card as an alternative.

Time to get smart on this and get cash back cards with 2% or higher rebates. There is a bunch of them out there.

Our cruises were 125,000 points each so that changes your math. We also received shipboard credit. I don't feel like we've done too badly.

Our cruises were 125,000 points each so that changes your math. We also received shipboard credit. I don't feel like we've done too badly.

Really?

four times 125,000 points equal 500,000 points.

500,000 points earned at 1 point per dollar... $500,000 charged

$500,000 charged using 2% or better cash back cards generates more than $10,000 in rewards.

four cruises worth approx $1,250 each equal $5,000

more than $10,000 less payment of $5,000... remainder more than $5,000, plus giving up the travel agency perks because of a "free" cruise.

Those cruise were not "free", payment was more than double the going rates for them.

As I said before, the RCI card is better than nothing, if not using a cash back card as an alternative.

A few additions to the list:

Pen Fed Platinum Visa - 5 points per dollar gas, 3 points/$ supermarket

Pen Fed Travel Rewards - 5 points/$ airfare

Citi Dividend - 5% rotating categories including Home Depot

US Bank Cash+ Visa - 5% on two categories you choose (travel not one of them)

Edited by Libra_Critic

Really?

four times 125,000 points equal 500,000 points.

500,000 points earned at 1 point per dollar... $500,000 charged

$500,000 charged using 2% or better cash back cards generates more than $10,000 in rewards.

four cruises worth approx $1,250 each equal $5,000

more than $10,000 less payment of $5,000... remainder more than $5,000, plus giving up the travel agency perks because of a "free" cruise.

Those cruise were not "free", payment was more than double the going rates for them.

As I said before, the RCI card is better than nothing, if not using a cash back card as an alternative.

A few additions to the list:

Pen Fed Platinum Visa - 5 points per dollar gas, 3 points/$ supermarket

Pen Fed Travel Rewards - 5 points/$ airfare

Citi Dividend - 5% rotating categories including Home Depot

US Bank Cash+ Visa - 5% on two categories you choose (travel not one of them:()

I agree totally - unless you regularly charge huge amounts of RC stuff on the RC Charge Card there are MUCH better charge cards out there !!

I was all set to redeem 125,000 points for our next Allure cruise, but the rules changed :( before I did my transaction and I couldn't use my points for the Oasis or Allure free cruise - bummer !!:mad::mad:

I think I am going to get the $750 off the cruise fare, but the guy had to talk to a supervisor to make it happen .

I also used 50,000 points for $500 off the fare, as the original plan for the $75 K was for the companion fare.

Who knows what will happen - $750 off fare and $500 OBC??

I won't know for sure until they send me an updated booking confirmation.

I will also see if I get to keep my C&A $225 Balcony discount ......

I will let you all know how I make out as soon as I know for sure.

Perhaps they are allowing you to use your points for money off a cruse since you redeemed them in March, prior to the BOGOHO sale. (called again last night and was told only OBC with an BOGOHO reservations)

They made an exception for me and allowed me the balcony discount on a redemption that I had made prior to all the rule changes . Good luck!!

Edited by molly361