Cheap Shot AQSC

jimlssi

On June 8, I placed a deposit on the Oct 24 Nashville-Chattanooga cruise for a Cat B. On June 12, AQSC announced an $800 savings for booking this cruise. Yes, I read the fine print about this offer not applying to previous bookings etc, BUT, bear in mind that the final payment date was not until July 27. I had my TA call today, June 13, with this request: reduce my current fare by 800, or give me a one cat upgarde, or cancel and refund my deposit. The company elected to apply the promo adjustment to my existing reservation. Now comes the catch 22! They said this will cost me a 100 pp "administrative fee", thereby reducing the adjustment to 600. THAT is what I call a cheap shot. In my 20 plus years of salt water cruising on six different lines, I have never encountered this, the cruise line always honored the price adjustment if it was before final payment date, without penalizing me with an administrative fee. I suggest that anyone considering an AQSC booking wait as late as possible to do it, if cabin selection is not critical. I took the Empress this spring and had a great experience, but this "cheap shot" sure lessens my enthusiasm for AQSC. I hope someone in management is reading this.

James Langston

Saint Simons Island Ga

It certainly isn't a consumer friendly way of doing business. In my opinion it's just plain stupid and the few dollars that the policy would garner is less than the good will it squanders.

I'd ask to speak to a supervisor to see if an exception can be made, or maybe they will give you a $100.00 P.P. on board credit, if you ask nicely. Perhaps threatening to cancel might knock some wisdom into their heads. And not offering an immediate upgrade or tariff reduction shows that they aren't operating with much sense anyway! Another option is just try stating your case to a different reservationist and get a different answer. When I call Memphis I will just hang up and try again if I hear the voice of a couple of the reservationist.

Let us know how this all works out.

seems silly not to just give you the new price if before final payment

Last year we booked after the FP date then they offered a b2b special fare but we already booked airfares

Your TA should go to bat for you & try to persuade them to waive the fee

Good luck

The guest invoice just arrived via email from my TA. I'm happy to report that common sense prevailed somewhere! The 100 pp "administrative fee" is nowhere to be seen on the invoice. The full 400 pp savings credit is shown, thank goodness. Must have a been a CSR who was not quite up to speed.

Jim L

The guest invoice just arrived via email from my TA. I'm happy to report that common sense prevailed somewhere! The 100 pp "administrative fee" is nowhere to be seen on the invoice. The full 400 pp savings credit is shown, thank goodness. Must have a been a CSR who was not quite up to speed.

Jim L

That is good news