Disney Cruise vs Disney World

amallison

Of course the cruise is the better deal and value but the reason is It will be more enjoyable for your kids. Disney world is great but when they are that young the rides can be tiring and overwhelming...not to mention the long lines to see the characters. ON the ship there is so much for the kids to do and it is geared towards their specific ages. The lines are short to meet the characters in comparison to the lines at the parks. The food is included and the Disney private Island experience is so much fun. That is just my opinion and I have been on about 10 Disney cruises now and have taken all my grand kids.

• 5 months later...

You just reminded me of me and my husband. We were in the same situation about a month ago but we ended choosing the cruise instead of the Disney Parks for the reason we've never been on a Disney Cruise but have visited Disney World before, so it made so much sense to try something new involving Disney but our kids are bugging that they also want to travel to Disney World after the cruise but still don't know if that will be the case. Disney can be quite pricey. Comparing on how much we spended last time we came to the conclusion that the Cruise was a better option for us because we would save money on food since the food cost is already included in your voyage. If we were to travel to the parks were looking at spending an extra thousand on food. Hope you guys make the right choice that suits your family needs! Good luck on your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You just reminded me of me and my husband. We were in the same situation about a month ago but we ended choosing the cruise instead of the Disney Parks for the reason we've never been on a Disney Cruise but have visited Disney World before, so it made so much sense to try something new involving Disney but our kids are bugging that they also want to travel to Disney World after the cruise but still don't know if that will be the case. Disney can be quite pricey. Comparing on how much we spended last time we came to the conclusion that the Cruise was a better option for us because we would save money on food since the food cost is already included in your voyage. If we were to travel to the parks were looking at spending an extra thousand on food. Hope you guys make the right choice that suits your family needs! Good luck on your decision.

Pretty sure the decision as probably been made at this point. OP posted the question last June regarding a Feb 2015 cruise.

My vote is for the WDW trip instead of a cruise. More things to see and do. the kids will love Magic Kingdom and all that is Disney. My kids had a much better time at WDW than on the cruise. February is a good time to go as long as you avoid President's week.

My husband and I are debating about which to do in February 2015. We have two kids, ages at the time will be 4 & 6. Neither kid has ever been to WDW or on a cruise so either would be a first. Based on our research, both would cost right around the same amount. We would have to drive or fly no matter which we choose.

It's more like, I would love to do a cruise because being on the water is my absolute favorite thing and the hubby would rather do WDW.

Which do you prefer? Disney Cruise or Disney World?

This is a question I had just out of curiosity and thought to post on here to get thoughts and opinions. DH & I have never sailed on a Disney cruise so we have no experience with the cruise line, but we have been to WDW.

Don't know about the cruise. But, we've been to DisneyWorld (twice actually). Sorry, but it's just not Disneyland.

If you decide upon doing both(and I think you should) do WDW before the cruise.

The cruise is more relaxing while WDW can be more fast paced and chaotic. It'll be nicer to end your vacation with calmness.

We've done both and enjoy both. If we could only do 1 it would be the cruise.

Don't know about the cruise. But, we've been to DisneyWorld (twice actually). Sorry, but it's just not Disneyland.

Well this is an eye opener. I was always under the impression the the "World" was better than the "Land". I guess I'll have to go see for myself some time :D

WDW vs. DL....there are pros and cons to each.

WDW is a LOT bigger with a LOT more to do. But you will walk a lot more and once you are on property you are largely "stuck." WDW had better hotels, more places to eat, more of everything. But there's something about the fact that Walt walked the streets of DL on a regular basis and that's where it all started.

DL...we've only been there once, but it was one of our all time favorite vacations. This may be because we were all discovering a new place together. It has many of the classic attractions that are not available elsewhere. It is compact enough that you can walk the park easily. You can go across the street for lunch or even stay at a hotel across the street and walk in. This with no more effort than dining at a WDW restaurant and far less cost. We were not thrilled with the Paradise Pier hotel and they did not have their act together for the cruise following the DL stay! We were required to walk over to the Grand Cal to "pre-register" for our cruise so they could "check our documents." Say WHAT? Even then, we were frequent cruisers. At that point I got a little bitchy and suggested that if they felt the need to check my documents (WHY?) that they should send someone to where I was and not expect me to waste my park time running over to their desk.

The Aladdin show at DL was the best show I've seen in any park.

I don't know which I prefer. I didn't know what to expect at DL and there are MANY things I'd do now which would make the stay less costly (stay off property--something I'd never consider at WDW). I do know that we had an amazing vacation there; far better than I expected!