Transportation from Seattle Cruise Termina to Airport

chenj78

We are disembarking from our Royal Caribbean cruise at the Seattle Cruise Terminal Pier 91 and need transportation for four to the airport. Since we are not sure what time they let us off the ship, does anyone know if there are vehicles or shuttles that will take us to the airport waiting in the cruise terminal area that we can just pick up? If so, is it pretty plentiful? Would prefer a shuttle as opposed to taxi, but either works? Any idea of cost? Thank you!

We had booked Already There town car service for debarkation. They requested that we call ahead with our time slot (we knew our time about midway, or 3 days out, through our cruise), so they could have a driver and car waiting for us. It would have been $50 from pier 91 to the airport.

We ended up cancelling, because we had late flights and wanted to make another sight-seeing day in Seattle out of our vacation. Way too much money to have a town car provide service around the city. :eek: So, we just used taxis.

Highly recommend them--clean, safe, and respectful.

There will be taxis and shuttles at the pier.

A taxi is around $45 depending on traffic since they are on a meter.

http://www.eastsideforhire isn't metered so they are generally $10 cheaper. Check their web site for prices.

Shuttles charge pp so a taxi might be cheaper for 4.

There's Shuttle Express and Seattle Express. Check their web sites for prices.

What time is your flight? If you're cutting it close you might want to have a reervation with a taxi or car service.

Be aware that with both RCI and Celebrity in port at the same time, the cab line can be long; a week ago we waited 45+ minutes for a taxi ($52+tip on the meter). While we were on the way to the airport the cabbie got a message asking for another 70 taxis at Pier 91.

you need to prearrange a limo as they are not allowed to 'solicit'. Shuttles are there by Shuttle Express.com Most charge about $25 pp so for four your paying $100 so more than a limo. Most cabs these days are Prius size so for 4 and luggage its a challenge even if you find a cab.

has anyone ever taken the light rail and bus to pier 91? Looks easy on line. Biggest concern would be is there room for luggage on the bus?

The Light Rail is $3 pp plus probably $2 pp for the bus, so for 4 people that's about $20, plus a lot of schlepping. ...... from pier to bus stop, from bus stop to rail station and from rail station to airport; about 20 minutes total. Ok on a nice day, not ok if it's raining. And not ok if you have more than 1 wheeled suitcase.

For an extra $20, you can get a cab. Contact http://www.eastsideforhire.com which is a flat rate cab company ( no meter). I think they charge $35 from Pier 91 but for 4 you'd need a minivan so maybe $40-$45.

And no, there is no luggage storage on the bus. Light Rail has a small area on some cars, but the aisles are wide enough that you can keep one case with you. I never travel with more than 1, so it hasn't been a problem.

If you were departing from Pier 66 and had 1 wheeled case, Light Rail is an easy option. But from pier 91, adding the bus, especially if you have more than 1 case, wouldn't be worth the hassle for me. Not to save $20.

Edited by mapleleaves

We got our luggage and went downstairs to the taxi/shuttle area. We told them how many bags so we needed an suv or limo. We had the option of either one SUV was 45 and limo was 55 I believe. There was 4 of us and 9 bags, going to downtown hotel. We had no reservation and waited 15 minutes.

We got our luggage and went downstairs to the taxi/shuttle area. We told them how many bags so we needed an suv or limo. We had the option of either one SUV was 45 and limo was 55 I believe. There was 4 of us and 9 bags, going to downtown hotel. We had no reservation and waited 15 minutes.

That would have been STILA car service. You can call them from the courtesy phones by baggage claim, and they'll pick you up at the curb to save you a walk to the garage.

Stila has the airport contract for car service. Other companies can pick up passengers who have reservations; they just can't drive around hoping to pick up a fare.

You are absolutely right, it was stilla!! Guy drove like an idiot, wished we has waited 3 more minutes for limo so we did not see the road, lol. However it was super easy without reservation.

There will be taxis and shuttles at the pier.

A taxi is around $45 depending on traffic since they are on a meter.

http://www.eastsideforhire isn't metered so they are generally $10 cheaper. Check their web site for prices.

Shuttles charge pp so a taxi might be cheaper for 4.

There's Shuttle Express and Seattle Express. Check their web sites for prices.

What time is your flight? If you're cutting it close you might want to have a reervation with a taxi or car service.

Hi, have toy used Eastsideforhire before? Are they reliable? Any problems with them? I have read some bad reviews about them..just worried we will be without transportation..thanks!

Hi, have toy used Eastsideforhire before? Are they reliable? Any problems with them? I have read some bad reviews about them..just worried we will be without transportation..thanks!

yes, I've used them several times from Seatac ... never a problem. They were at the curb in less than 5 minutes. The last time was at the end of March.

Are you looking for transportation from the pier? If you're worried about eastsideforhire, there is a taxi line at the pier, plus Seattle Express and Shuttle Express will both have multiple buses.

What's the best and most economical option? Our flight doesn't take off until 3:00...we'll be off the Miracle by 10:00 and we want to hit Pikes on the way...

Anyone, anyone...

BTW, I've already got a reservation with Seattle Tacoma Airport Express for a Towncar on Embarkation day....just want options on our last day.

What's the best and most economical option? Our flight doesn't take off until 3:00...we'll be off the Miracle by 10:00 and we want to hit Pikes on the way...

Anyone, anyone...

BTW, I've already got a reservation with Seattle Tacoma Airport Express for a Towncar on Embarkation day....just want options on our last day.

How many in your party? and can you easily manage your luggage? especially thru the Market where the surfaces are so uneven.

The most economical is taxi from pier to Market, then Light Rail $3 pp from downtown to Seatac.

There's a flat fare of $40 from downtown to Seatac regardless of the company. It can be lower, but not higher.

Our group of four was four adults with four suitcases and four carry-ons; I was afraid that we wouldn't fit into a towncar or taxi, so we had pre-booked a reservation with Seattle Airport Express to pick us up at the pier in an SUV. Knowing we had that reservation in advance made disembarking stress-free.

• 8 months later...
I need the quickest transportation from celebrity dock to airport. We will do walk off and would like to have someone waiting at the pier. We have a flight at 11:20. Thanks. It is a Friday morning.

The quickest way is by car. If you're in a hurry, have one reserved so that you don't have to wait in the taxi line. For an 11:20 departure , be sitting in your car by 8:30.

Celebrity uses pier 91 which is outside the $40 fixed fare to the airport so a taxi will run closer to $50.

http://www.flatrateforhire is generally $10-$15 cheaper. Check their web site for fare and reservation info

How does SEA-TAC compare to FLL in number of cruise passengers? I don't know how they compare ... look at the port web sites for the statistics.

I know FLL can get really backed up.

SeaTac can be miserable on cruise days if there are several ships in port, especially when the cruiselines tell everyone to head to the airport at noon or later for a flight.

Check the port schedule to see how many ships are in port on your date.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Pages/default.aspx

Edited by mapleleaves

It's always better to err on the side of caution. Stressing over a flight is no way to end a nice vacation. I'd rather spend an extra hour at an airport than get stressed out or even miss a flight. And SeaTac isn't a bad place to hang out. I missed a flight 3 yrs ago ... the $200 ticket ended up costing me an additional $300.

BTW, SeaTac usually has 4 TSA lines open on cruise days and you can use ANY of them, not just the one closest to your gate. So if one line is super long, check the others.