Transportation from Seattle Cruise Termina to Airport

chenj78

How does SEA-TAC compare to FLL in number of cruise passengers?

I know FLL can get really backed up.

Seatac is a much, much bigger airport than FLL, and even on cruise days, non-cruise passengers easily outnumber cruisers. Seattle will have a maximum of four ships in port on any given day, so 4 x 2000 pax, give or take. Of course many of those people will be using other means of getting home, or staying for some extra days. In mid-summer, roughly 65,000 people fly out of Seattle every day, so you can do the math.

Plus, Seatac is the only airport for a hundred or more miles in any direction, unlike FLL which is only 20 miles from Miami International.

• 2 weeks later...
We had booked Already There town car service for debarkation. They requested that we call ahead with our time slot (we knew our time about midway, or 3 days out, through our cruise), so they could have a driver and car waiting for us. It would have been $50 from pier 91 to the airport.

We ended up cancelling, because we had late flights and wanted to make another sight-seeing day in Seattle out of our vacation. Way too much money to have a town car provide service around the city. :eek: So, we just used taxis.

Highly recommend them--clean, safe, and respectful.

Has anyone used seattles town car service?

We have 3 people in our party with a 230 flight out and was planning on going to the Boeing Museum of Flight. Our car rental is 47.88. Is the car rental area at the airport on site or do you have to take shuttles?

First, it's just the Museum of Flight. Rental cars are returned to a central car rental facility, from which you're bused about half a mile to the terminal.

Free advice on the car: drop everybody and the luggage at the terminal, send one person back with the empty car. It's actually two miles door to door from the middle of the departures level to where you drop the car or pick up the shuttle.

• 1 month later...

Are there usually a lot of taxis available at the pier to get back to the airport? My flight is at 12:45. Carnival offers shuttle transportation, but I would think a taxi would be quicker. Has anybody had any experience with this?

Bill

Are there usually a lot of taxis available at the pier to get back to the airport? My flight is at 12:45. Carnival offers shuttle transportation, but I would think a taxi would be quicker. Has anybody had any experience with this? Bill

There will plenty of taxis, but with a 12:45 flight there's no need to rush.

Either pier is 1/2 hr from SeaTac, or worse case 1 hr.

You need to be at the airport 2 hr prior for a domestic flight. Therefore as long as your ride is pulling away from the curb by 9:45am,you're fine.

Seattle Express charges $12pp for their shuttle service.

At SeaTac you can use any TSA line, not just the one nearest to your gate. There are usually 3-5 lines open so don't follow the herd into the longest line.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Security-Checkpoints.aspx

Edited by mapleleaves

Suggestions for transportation for 6 people (4 adults and 2 -14yr old) with bags arriving SEATAC 11PM to Seattle Sheraton. Est. time to depart plane and retrieve checked bags at SEATAC and ready for ground transportation. Will be at Sheraton 2 nights (at least part of the first night with likely checking in about midnight) before cruise from Pier 91 after a full day in Seattle.

your family won't fit into a taxi, not even a mini van.

So split up into 2 taxis, eastsideforhire.com is $29 per car, or, price a car service that can accommodate 6 pax and luggage. Already There, Century, Bayview.

Stila car service has various sized vehicles at SeaTac. The kiosk sign says $45 to downtown but that's probably for a towncar, you'll need something bigger. http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

Uber SUV is even going to be tight for this, assuming a typical amount of luggage. Ponder how well you'd fit in an Suburban or Expedition, as that's mostly what's in the full SUV fleet. Otherwise, I'd use two UberX/Lyft cars, using the instructions in the FAQ at the top of the board. About $70 for the two vehicles (most likely Priuses)

Otherwise, I would use Shuttle Express's "Exclusive Van Service" - up to ten passengers and 2 pieces of luggage each, in an actual 15 passenger van, no other stops/shared ride. $115 flat from the airport to most downtown hotels. Date/Time definite reservations.

http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/corporate-event/private-van-service-for-corporates-and-events/

Uber SUV is even going to be tight for this, assuming a typical amount of luggage. Ponder how well you'd fit in an Suburban or Expedition, as that's mostly what's in the full SUV fleet. Otherwise, I'd use two UberX/Lyft cars, using the instructions in the FAQ at the top of the board. About $70 for the two vehicles (most likely Priuses)

Otherwise, I would use Shuttle Express's "Exclusive Van Service" - up to ten passengers and 2 pieces of luggage each, in an actual 15 passenger van, no other stops/shared ride. $115 flat from the airport to most downtown hotels. Date/Time definite reservations.

http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/corporate-event/private-van-service-for-corporates-and-events/

Thanks VibeGuy. Based to time of plane's arrival if on time and the time we have bags and trip to Sheraton, it will likely be 1:0-0 AM before getting to rooms (3 AM our time CDT), the Shuttle Express's "Exclusive Van Service" sound like our best option.

Thanks VibeGuy. Based to time of plane's arrival if on time and the time we have bags and trip to Sheraton, it will likely be 1:0-0 AM before getting to rooms (3 AM our time CDT), the Shuttle Express's "Exclusive Van Service" sound like our best option.

if you choose Shuttle Express be sure to ask about their pick up point. Perhaps their private van service will meet you curb side at baggage claim, but typically for Shuttle Express you need to schlepp your luggage across the skybridge to their kiosk in the parking garage.

Edited by mapleleaves

There will plenty of taxis, but with a 12:45 flight there's no need to rush.

Either pier is 1/2 hr from SeaTac, or worse case 1 hr.

You need to be at the airport 2 hr prior for a domestic flight. Therefore as long as your ride is pulling away from the curb by 9:45am,you're fine.

Seattle Express charges $12pp for their shuttle service.

At SeaTac you can use any TSA line, not just the one nearest to your gate. There are usually 3-5 lines open so don't follow the herd into the longest line.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Security-Checkpoints.aspx

Thank you mapleleaves and VibeGuy for the responses. It sounds like I will have no problem getting a taxi at the pier, so I will just do that. Cruise is coming up in 16 days, can't wait to see Alaska!

Edited by brewrat

Arriving Seattle on the Legend May 26th. Our Flight out is not until 2:25.

Would like to see something of Seattle, but don't think we really have enough time. What is the latest they will let you linger on the ship before forcing you off?

Can you store luggage at the cruise terminal for a few hours before heading to the airport? If so, is that a reasonable option for seeing some sights before heading to the airport?

Or is it best to go straight to the airport and try to check our bags and go from there? What is the earliest before a flight that you can check a bag?

Or...what...?:confused:

Here's what I would do:

Claw and scratch for the earliest feasible departure time. Stow bags at the pier. Get an UberX and head from Pier 91 to either Seattle Center (space needle, science center, EMP museum, Chihuly Garden and Glass) or to Pike Place Market (Market, downtown shopping, Seattle Art Museum). Either group is feasible or one from each and use the Monorail between.

By 11:45, grab another UberX back to the pier and retrieve bags, and head directly to the airport. You'll have 90-105 minutes before your flight when you hit the airport drive which should be plenty since you aren't in that mess marked "Cruise Passenger Check-in".

Here's what I would do:

Claw and scratch for the earliest feasible departure time. Stow bags at the pier. Get an UberX and head from Pier 91 to either Seattle Center (space needle, science center, EMP museum, Chihuly Garden and Glass) or to Pike Place Market (Market, downtown shopping, Seattle Art Museum). Either group is feasible or one from each and use the Monorail between.

By 11:45, grab another UberX back to the pier and retrieve bags, and head directly to the airport. You'll have 90-105 minutes before your flight when you hit the airport drive which should be plenty since you aren't in that mess marked "Cruise Passenger Check-in".

Thank You, sounds like a wonderful plan...now if I can just get up the nerve to do it! Live in a small town and have never used "UberX" will have to do some research on that. I would love to see Pikes Market or Space Needle, just didn't know if we would have enough time. Thank you, again.

Thank You, sounds like a wonderful plan...now if I can just get up the nerve to do it! Live in a small town and have never used "UberX" will have to do some research on that. I would love to see Pikes Market or Space Needle, just didn't know if we would have enough time. Thank you, again.

Instead of storing your luggage at pier 91, I'd suggest using the Left Luggage at pier 66. Pier 91 is a few miles north of downtown whereas 66 is on the waterfront downtown. That will save you backtracking to retrieve your luggage and about 20 minutes and a cheaper taxi ride. And if you're uncomfortable using Uber X, there's a regular taxi line at pier 91 ... the ride to pier 66 will be about $15.

*** the only possible glitch is that pier 66 is only open if there's an NCL ship in port, so check the cruise schedule for your specific date.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Documents/2015_cruise_schedule.pdf

From pier 66, walk across the street to the Marriott Hotel. There's an outdoor elevator that will take you to within 2-3 blocks of the Market. (the Market is at 1st Pike). Wander around the Market for an hour, then walk to Westlake Center at 4th & Pine to catch the monorail to Space Needle/Seattle Center.

From there take a cab back to the pier, about $15. I'd leave the Seattle Center around 11 ... just in case the Left Luggage is busy.

While in line for yur luggage, call for a ride to the airport. The rate from downtown to the airport is fixed so no more than $40. If you're unsure about Uber, try http://www.eastsideforhire.com $30.

Mapleleaves, You have come to my aide before and I so appreciate you.

Well the good news is that we are the only ship in port that day, the bad news is we are the only ship in port that day, so no go on the Pier 66 Left Luggage!

So if we store our luggage at Pier 91 where should we direct a cab to begin our sight seeing journey, Pier 66 or another starting point? And after our walking about and catching a cab back to Pier 91 for our luggage, can you call Eastside for hire at that time or do you need to prearrange with them? I know, I ask an awful lot of questions, I am amazed at the patience of you guys !

bummer .... pier 66 would have been convenient. No point in going there if you can't use their luggage storage.

The crowds at the Market get unbearable by 11am, so I'd suggest having the taxi drop you there to start your sightseeing.

If you can self disembark at 8/ 8:15am, you'd be at the Market by 9am. Wander around until 10, then walk to the monorail entrance at Westlake Center to visit the Space Needle. You'll only have an hour there before it's time to meet your cab and retrieve your luggage.

If that seems to rushed for you, choose one location. Maybe it will depend on the weather that day???

Since yours is the only ship at pier 91, there won't be other passengers coming/going, so luggage pickup will go quickly. I'd suggest reserving a cab to pick you up at Seattle Center at 11:15am ( they'll suggest a meeting point), then have them take you to pier 91 and onto SeaTac.

And since yours is the only ship in town, the crowds won't be as bad at the airport. As long as you're there by 12:30 you'll be fine.

p.s. and if all that seems too much, take a RIDE THE DUCKS TOUR for an overview of Seattle. At their Seattle Center location they will hold 'some luggage' so that might be an easy option.

Edited by mapleleaves
ducks