suite and non suite boarding

teacherone

Just a reminder that the suite passenger's key cards will be in the VIP lounge so there will be some delay if they check in with non-suite passengers. There is no reason their family can't check in and board with them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just recently called the pre-concierge and asked the OP's exact question. There are two family members who are my guests on this cruise and who are in the connecting cabin of our suite. Was told that it depended on how many other suite passengers were checking in at the time we boarded. If it was not busy at that time than yes they could board with us but if it was very busy than no they could not. Was told to ask again when we boarded and it would be determined at that time. This seems reasonable to me. I do not want to intrude on other suite passengers but if it isnt an intrusion would very much like to have them board with us.

Edited by ks

Just recently called the pre-concierge and asked the OP's exact question. There are two family members who are my guests on this cruise and who are in the connecting cabin of our suite. Was told that it depended on how many other suite passengers were checking in at the time we boarded. If it was not busy at that time than yes they could board with us but if it was very busy than no they could not. Was told to ask again when we boarded and it would be determined at that time. This seems reasonable to me. I do not want to intrude on other suite passengers but if it isnt an intrusion would very much like to have them board with us.

Excellent post. Although keep in mind that you're applying logic and reason where many others apply will and entitlement! ;)

Just recently called the pre-concierge and asked the OP's exact question. There are two family members who are my guests on this cruise and who are in the connecting cabin of our suite. Was told that it depended on how many other suite passengers were checking in at the time we boarded. If it was not busy at that time than yes they could board with us but if it was very busy than no they could not. Was told to ask again when we boarded and it would be determined at that time. This seems reasonable to me. I do not want to intrude on other suite passengers but if it isnt an intrusion would very much like to have them board with us so that I will be available to put that room on my credit card when the account is set up.

Perfect! Thank you.

I guess I'm in the minority too.. We for the first time were able to cruise in a suite just last week. We were very excited about the priority boarding etc.. I would not of been happy of the lounge was full of non suite guests. It is a perk and should not be afforded to those who have not paid for it.

If it's the welcome aboard photo you're after you might be disappointed. In NY, when you board with other suite guests, you miss the photographer taking the welcome aboard photos since you leave the terminal through a different exit than general boarding. You'll have lots of other opportunities for a group photo though.

.....I wondered how I missed the photographer 2 years ago on my Honeymoon cruise. I might not buy another picture on the cruise, but I always get the embarkation photo. That was the only one I missed.

:(

wasiii

With all due respect -- and I may be the minority here -- I don't care about anyone's family being together. It's just not my problem. I paid for VIP/Priority Boarding, and if every other suite pax decided that the other half of their brood should be able to board with them, then where would we be?

As said above -- suite/non-suite families can certainly board together. In general boarding. Sure - the concierge will probably allow you to pack your whole 16 person inside-cabin party into the VIP area with your 2-person suite family leaders blazing the path ahead, but does anyone consider what the RIGHT thing to do by others is? Oh, wait...

I don't even care if they're in the same lifeboat together when the ship goes down... but now I'm just being silly.

I'm with you on this if they all want to board together go through general boarding

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, whenever we have gone out of the port of NYC there is always a very nice lady from NCL at the entrance to the Suites and VIP check-in line to the right. She has a clipboard with all the Suite and VIP guests and she checks your name off of the list when you arrive; last year there were two couples who were in front of us who I think were traveling together, the first couple was on the list but the second couple was not and she politely directed them to the general check-in line. Although I saw both couples together later in Cagney's so who knows.

I would say that if you get to the terminal early enough the general check-in line moves pretty fast especially if there are few guests in the suite & VIP line because the general line usually has more than one metal detector and X-ray machine going, and it seems like the majority of passengers arrive in the afternoon. I know from experience that the pre-concierge desk is hit or miss they do not always seem to have the correct information and have given us incorrect info in the past, it even seems to vary depending on who you talk to when you call. :confused:

If it's the welcome aboard photo you're after you might be disappointed. In NY, when you board with other suite guests, you miss the photographer taking the welcome aboard photos since you leave the terminal through a different exit than general boarding. You'll have lots of other opportunities for a group photo though.

After checking in you can leave the priority lounge to have your picture taken. It is right by the restrooms. Then you go back to the lounge.

.....I wondered how I missed the photographer 2 years ago on my Honeymoon cruise. I might not buy another picture on the cruise, but I always get the embarkation photo. That was the only one I missed.

:(

wasiii

Don't miss the picture this time. Even in the suites you can get the picture taken.

We have never had a problem having non suite relatives priority board with us. We always get to the pier as early as possible usually around 10 so it is not that crowded in the lounge. That may be why but we have never had an issue.

The lounge isn't crowded because you get there early. Do you really think that it's fair that people who have paid for a suite and arrive later shall come to a crowded lounge because some passengers bring nonsuite passengers to the lounge? We have only had a suite three times, with embarkation in Southhampton and Miami, but the lounge has always been crowded, maybe because some people bring their nonsuite friends/relatives to the lounge?

You should be fine as long as you get there early on . We always like to be at the cruise terminal early ( we are non suite guests ) and on our last cruise ( ncl jade ) we were the first people on the ship :)