NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Thought it would be good to add a date for the older ships as they start refurbishment....The pics are from our December 2013 sailing. Interior shots are from both rooms which are mirror images of each other.

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10000 & 10500

Stateroom Category – SE

Starboard or Port Side - Forward

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet at the very front of the ship.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No but we caught the kids stepping over the short part of the balcony to move from room to room since we had side by side cabins. Made me go hmmmmm since we never worry about having the balcony door locked.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – We were Forward Facing. I am posting some pics at the end. You CAN see onto the balcony (full view) of the cabins on either side so if you want privacy, this is NOT the room to get. Plus the bridge can see down onto your balcony. You can also see onto the Deck 9 balconies below once they get about halfway out. You can also see down into the crew deck below. We got a surprise on our sailing where the ship photographer wanted to use our balcony to take a crew pic. The officers and several crew personnel lined up on the crew deck below and while they were taking their pic, I took a few of my own. Neat!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - HUGE!!! Plenty of room and the padded loungers were awesome!!

Was wind a problem? - Yes if we were at full sail. During the day not too bad and if you were sitting in the lounger, no issues.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - We kept having problems with our keys not working and had to have them made several times. I don't know if it was an issue with the door lock or the person making the keys.

Any other comments? - The couches made the MOST comfortable bed and these two cabins sleep 4 each. It has extra room and the couch makes into another king sized bed. It is my understanding that these are the only two cabins in this category that have the room for 4. Would highly recommend and would not hesitate to stay in one of these rooms on any ship.

DSC_0412_zpsa1f83fd0.jpgDSC_0441_zpsadb465f0.jpgDSC_0434_zpse7098bab.jpgDSC_0426_zpsb4345d71.jpgDSC_0471_zpsd1f1568f.jpgDSC_0432_zpsba58174b.jpg

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9232

Stateroom Category – Mini Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side, Mid Ship

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No, Noise from sugarcane Bar and Waterfront below. Is it unbearable, not really unless you are a lite sleeper!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View is Good with the exception that the Waterfront roof is right outside the balcony and the life boats are also right off the line of sight from the waterfront roof. YOU CAN NOT LOOK STRAIGHT DOWN TO SEE THE WATER!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Size is in the small size, very tight with 2 chairs and a small table.

Was wind a problem? - No, very little wind in this location

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No and no problem with soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No, pretty nice layout for 2 people with the king bed.

Any other comments? - The bathroom is very spacious in the mini suite, it has a full size shower with multiple water jets, sliding glass door(no water all over the floor like the smaller showers with only a curtain)! It also has a sink with two faucets, large mirror and toiletry tray above the sink and plenty of storage under the sink.

Ship - SUN

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6206

Stateroom Category – Not certain, but OX I think. Listed as Oceanview-Partially Obstructed.

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - N/A

Balcony Size? N/A

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - Would take this cabin again. This was an upgrade to an Oceanview, at no additional cost. This was listed as Partially Obstructed, but we had a great view. Also, the porthole window was much larger than it appeared in photos I saw of similar rooms on the Sun, just after we got the upgrade. Outside the window is the walking area/jogging track and very large oval openings that look out off the ship. There are no lifeboats or other such objects in that area. On Deck 6, you could walk all the way from the front to the back indoors, then take the aft elevators to 11 for Moderno, Buffet's and Sports Bar or 12 for Las Ramblas, (we went almost every night for Karaoke). Also the MDR's were just one deck down on deck 5, with staircases right by them, easy descent for dinner. Deck 6 also has the night club, Dazzles and the showroom, Stardust, but don't worry, they are quite a ways aft of this cabin. The cabin is in the forward section, forward of the open atrium and also of the forward stairs and elevators.

1274365092_039Day3-Stateroom.jpg.2121bb309db400f48e8ae9f599015ffe.jpg

Edited by QuiGonJohn

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8730

Stateroom Category – M6 (Large Balcony Mini Suite)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very quiet considering how it's near the Breakaway Theatre.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view. No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Large Balcony. Estimate 12'x 9'

Was wind a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - I didn't care for the shower jets and water pressure seemed weak. Water was VERY hot in the sink. Location is fantastic with easy access to 678 Ocean Place and Theatre. Overall a very good cabin and would stay in this cabin class again.

Edited by Winston Wolf

Thought it would be good to add a date for the older ships as they start refurbishment....The pics are from our December 2013 sailing. Interior shots are from both rooms which are mirror images of each other.

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10000 & 10500

Stateroom Category – SE

Starboard or Port Side - Forward

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet at the very front of the ship.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No but we caught the kids stepping over the short part of the balcony to move from room to room since we had side by side cabins. Made me go hmmmmm since we never worry about having the balcony door locked.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – We were Forward Facing. I am posting some pics at the end. You CAN see onto the balcony (full view) of the cabins on either side so if you want privacy, this is NOT the room to get. Plus the bridge can see down onto your balcony. You can also see onto the Deck 9 balconies below once they get about halfway out. You can also see down into the crew deck below. We got a surprise on our sailing where the ship photographer wanted to use our balcony to take a crew pic. The officers and several crew personnel lined up on the crew deck below and while they were taking their pic, I took a few of my own. Neat!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - HUGE!!! Plenty of room and the padded loungers were awesome!!

Was wind a problem? - Yes if we were at full sail. During the day not too bad and if you were sitting in the lounger, no issues.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - We kept having problems with our keys not working and had to have them made several times. I don't know if it was an issue with the door lock or the person making the keys.

Any other comments? - The couches made the MOST comfortable bed and these two cabins sleep 4 each. It has extra room and the couch makes into another king sized bed. It is my understanding that these are the only two cabins in this category that have the room for 4. Would highly recommend and would not hesitate to stay in one of these rooms on any ship.

DSC_0412_zpsa1f83fd0.jpgDSC_0441_zpsadb465f0.jpgDSC_0434_zpse7098bab.jpgDSC_0426_zpsb4345d71.jpgDSC_0471_zpsd1f1568f.jpgDSC_0432_zpsba58174b.jpg

Great photos!

Ship - Pearl

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10002

Stateroom Category – SE

Starboard or Port Side - Forward Facing Front

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – This cabin is right below the Bridge. In the early morning hours while sleeping we could hear people walking around a lot. At times it sounded like jumping. We were very surprised by this. The people next to us heard the same thing.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes (To owners suite 10004)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Fantastic view. This was a Panama Canal Cruise and the views were great.

Balcany Size? Normal or oversized for class? - The balcany is huge with two chairs, two recliners, and table.

Was wind a problem? - Not severe if the with was below 15 mph. We had very warn days on this cruise. I could see it being chilly if there was cold days.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Cabin was a little worn. Doors didn't close propery. One had to be removed and repaired. Cabin light colored vinyl had a tear. Someone had put blue tape on the tears.

Any other comments? - I would book this cabin again. The views were fantastic for this type of cruise. Another note; keep the cabin door shut. because of the warn outside temps, with the air conditioning on. Water would drip from the vents went door was left open.

Ship -Dawn

Deck -9

Stateroom # -9005

Stateroom Category – 1D

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – really quiet room, at the bow of the ship and at the end of the corridor. Only balcony and suites at this end.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Any other comments? - only concern is that you will have to walk to get to restaurants etc.

Ship -Pearl

Stateroom # -9008

Stateroom Category –Partially enclosed balcony

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – very quiet,

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no, and it's a solid wall on balcony between these 2 suites

Balcony View - Partially enclosed balcony. We loved it, very private

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none.

Any other comments? - Very happy with this cabin

Edited by Rob1eddy

Ship - Dawn & Star

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8565

Stateroom Category – inside (sideways cabin)

Starboard or Port Side - port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – na

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - na

Was wind a problem? - na

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - na

Any specific problems with this cabin? - its a long squiggly hallway on deck 8. No matter which stairwell you take, its a lot of twists and turns to get to this cabin.

Any other comments? Ive booked this cabin twice on 2 different ships, so id book it again!

Ship Jewel

Deck 10

Stateroom 10656

Category B1, aft balcony

Starboard or Port. Neither, center, aft

Quiet. Very, cabins above and below

Connecting no

Balcony view great

Balcony size large, two side chairs, one lounger, one side table

Wind no

Soot yes, on three mornings of our 16 day. Each night prior to soot it had been very windy or raining.

Bed is on the left side, two outlets in room, deck is private except for near the railing where there is a view from above.

Would book it again any day.

Ship - Breakaway

Deck -13

Stateroom # -13280

Stateroom Category –

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –No Obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -normal

Was wind a problem? -No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Any other comments? - Search Breakaway Cabin 13280 on youtube for a few pictures

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Breakaway

Deck -8

Stateroom # -8130

Stateroom Category – M6

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstruction. Also able to see up. Plenty of sun/shade

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? Approx. 9x12

Was wind a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Any other comments? Here's a link to my review with lots of pictures. We loved this stateroom so much we have it booked again.

Have you made the spreadsheet yet? I'd love to see it.

Ship -Gem

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11502

Stateroom Category – Mini-Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet

Balcony View – Great view, can look into the bridge wing and see the officers looking around.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Average size balcony

Was wind a problem? -No wind problems

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -We were forward, one Mini from the port side brige wing.

Any specific problems with this cabin? -We were locked onto the balcony because of a overly sensitive door handle, so we were told.

Even though our room stewards said hi to us and was last to open the boor. We had to wait for our neighbors to come out on their

balcony to ask for help.

No other door handle problems during the cruise.

Any other comments? - This room was in the greatest spot imaginable for me. I was only a door or two down from the Bridge Viewing room.

It was so facinating to me looking into the bridge, the radar and weather reports and all.

I would definitly consider that same room again.

Edited by NH Cruisers

Ship -Dawn

Deck - 10

Stateroom # -10000

Stateroom Category – SE fwd facing penthouse

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard middle

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet other than one early morning 2:00 am we heard someone run across the navigation bridge

then chimming over the entercom and a code bravo call.

Balcony View – Great forward view.

Balcony Size? Oversize balcony, not as large as the Penthouse to our outside though.

Was wind a problem? -No problem our cruise, but I could see it could be

if traveling into a head wind.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Great cabin, we had problems with the tv remote, but our butler changed the batteies.

Any other comments? - This was a great cabin, it is a little larger than

standard penthouses due to the bump out, the balcony though is quite large. At night you must keep your lights off or must have the drapes closed, so as not to create light poluttion. This made it good for stargazing from the balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Sky

Deck -10

Stateroom # - 0066

Stateroom Category –

Starboard or Port Side - Aft center

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – some noise in the morning from the Great Outdoors above, not really bad.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view aft

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - People on Deck 11 can look down into the balcony.

Any other comments? - For aft balcony, I would go with Deck 9 for less noise and more privacy.

Ship: Epic

Deck: 11

Cabin: 11109

Adjoining:: no

Category: IB

Average size

Obstructions: YES there was a pole in the middle of the two cabin doors so entry into cabin seemed very tight

Had I known this I would have chosen differently

Otherwise nice cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5633

Stateroom Category – inside

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes and no. It was quiet in that there was no noise from other rooms or from above and below. However, the engine noise was pretty constant, and on a rough sea day the engines were really loud, almost unbearable. Also, there was a housekeeping room behind us, so you could often hear carts moving around. This was only really a problem if you wanted to nap during the day.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Only engine noise.

Any other comments? -

Ship - Epic

Deck -10

Stateroom # - 200

Stateroom Category – inside

Starboard or Port Side - Mid center

Quiet Stateroom? not bad the crew service stairs were close but not noisy at the night.

Balcony View - inside cabin

Balcony Size? none

Was wind a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -nope

this is a handicapped cabin so it is twice as big as a standard one. the bathroom is huge, plenty of storage, two people can get ready for dinner at the same time. it is bigger than a suite.

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10524

Stateroom Category – BX

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – It was quiet with the exception of children running in the hall on Deck 11

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Affirmative

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - A few stains on the carpet and a little musty smelling. Next time, I would bring a small fan.

Any other comments? -The best part about this cabin is that there is no cabin across the hall so there wasn't any door slamming sounds nearby. There was also an alcove to put our room service trays. It was near elevators and stairs for convenience. We loved our cabin!!!:D

Ship - Jade

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11024

Stateroom Category – SC two-bedroom family suite

Quiet Stateroom? This was the second time we stayed in this suite. The first time, there were no noise issues. However, when we sailed in this suite again a few weeks ago we learned that this stateroom is now located under a photo studio. There was some furniture-moving noise in the afternoons on sea days, but it was otherwise quiet. If you like to nap in the afternoons, choose a different suite.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes

Balcony View: standard

Balcony Size? Normal for a family suite. Held one lounger, two chairs and a table.

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no, other than noise issue.

Any other comments? - We would definitely book this suite again.

Ship - NCL Breakaway

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 850

Stateroom Category – B2

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – seemed very quiet to us, there were two adults and two kids (7,4)

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes, didn't use it though

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view, no obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - the new NCL normal I guess, enough room for us to sit and have drinks, eat cupcakes etc as the chairs were turned sidesways

Was wind a problem? - no, nice to hear the waves

Any specific problems with this cabin? - carpet was a little beat up and stained, beds were good, bunk and extra bed worked well for the kids

Any other comments? - liked the location on 12, easy 2 min walk to Splash Academy, close to Aft Stairs and elevators for an easy ride up to Garden Cafe, we found it very convienient for all the activities we wanted to do

Ship: Dawn

Deck: 11

Canib 11002

Category Mini

Port side

Quiet? Very

Connecting? No

Balcony. Larger than balcony. Two side chairs and one table

Wind? No problem

Any problems. No

Comments: cabin is next to the bridge officers cabins, so very quiet neighbors. No visibility from overhead. One outlet at vanity. Good hairdryer. More than enough storage. Sofa pulls out to double. Minifrig. Tub and shower combo has sliding door, but the tub is quite narrow. Split design of bathroom, toilet has sliding door. Older reviews will show this as being below the lounge, but that lounge has been converted to suites so you cabins above and below

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14750

Stateroom Category –

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Angled, great view out and forward.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - Great cabin, one flight up to spa, near elev.

Edited by clarkspond75
content