Question re: issue with photo package

We just got off the FOS on Sunday. I purchased the picture CD package for digital copies of all pictures taken.

Supposedly there are 186 pictures on my CD. However I couldn't prove that as Sunday night I tried to use the CD and I got an error message saying there was an issue with installer and to contact author of installation application for another copy.

I emailed the picture people that night. Finally this morning received a response emailing me a link to an "updated" installer and giving directions on how to install and then open pictures on CD.

I was excited to come home and see pictures. Got home and used link and got the EXACT same error message. I've emailed them again.

But I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

You really sat for 186 photos on a cruise?

That would take up almost the entire time...

And exactly what value does this post have other than to raise your own count:confused:.

If you can't offer help, stay out of the mix.

You really sat for 186 photos on a cruise?

That would take up almost the entire time...

What? Do you have kids? Our grandkids love getting all those photos. We only get the package when they are with us but it is well worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

And exactly what value does this post have other than to raise your own count:confused:.

More than you can imagine..

Don't tell me what to do, I don't need your approval..

What? Do you have kids? Our grandkids love getting all those photos. We only get the package when they are with us but it is well worth it.

We have kids and they take a few photos throughout the trip, maybe 3 or 4 and that is enough.

The lines are long, slow moving and it takes forever just for them to get one sitting down.

Eventually it is more of a chore than anything else..

We didn't notice it took all that much time but since for us it was "fun" that is probably why. Great thing about cruising is there is something for everyone.

Not that it matters. But there are pics on flowrider, pics at teen events, pics at pool, pics on excursions, in addition to some formal shots. We only stood in line for formal pics a total of 1 hour entire cruise. And that's because we were doing our christmas card pic. Otherwise never stood in line.

Now back to originally scheduled programming of trying to actually get my pictures.

I can't even get this far when installing disc. There's some software that needs loaded before you can even see photocount and it says that software is corrupt

We had a similar problem with a photo disk we bought a bunch of years ago in Mexico. Fortunately, we had a computer geek neighbor who changed a few things in the computer settings and voila, the pics came up. Maybe you have a neighbor or a teenage geek that can help you out? If not, you can take your laptop to Best Buy Geek Squad or somewhere similar and they could assist you for a few bucks. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Viv0828

We were able to install the software but that was before this past weekend when our computer crashed and we replaced it with one running Windows 8. We are having many issues.

Our only problem with the photo package was missing photos.

Good luck. Sorry I can't help. Two computer illiterates living here!

We were able to install the software but that was before this past weekend when our computer crashed and we replaced it with one running Windows 8. We are having many issues.

Our only problem with the photo package was missing photos.

Good luck. Sorry I can't help. Two computer illiterates living here!

Interesting. It didn't occur to me that issue could be windows 8. It's been out so long you'd think by now they'd have an installer that worked with it. But to be sure I'm going to take cd to work today and try it on office computer that runs on windows 7 and see if it works.

And to think I almost took him off my ignore list ;) I wouldn't even had seen his message if you hadn't quoted it. Anyway I came to read the thread to see how valuable people thought this package was. My wife manages to eat up any onboard credit I obtain with photos, I thought this might be a way to limit the damage?

A question for people that have had this package, Once again on my next cruise we are traveling with another couple. Usually we take one or two photos of all of us. Would they let us have those photos as well?

All right, call me stupid, or call me inquisitive, or call me Lou, but why does one need an installer for a photo CD? :confused:

I could burn 200 pix to a CD right now, give it to you, you put it in your computer and view the photos on any compatible program that is installed, and AFAIK every computer has at least one such program. They should all be jpegs, so that should not prove an issue. You can then copy the photos to a folder on your hard drive.

Just curious.

All right, call me stupid, or call me inquisitive, or call me Lou, but why does one need an installer for a photo CD? :confused:

I'm guessing they are trying to make the photos harder to copy and there's also the possiblity of the software being spyware. Seems that very few companies can resist having their software report back to mommy with some sort of info anymore.

And to think I almost took him off my ignore list ;) I wouldn't even had seen his message if you hadn't quoted it. Anyway I came to read the thread to see how valuable people thought this package was. My wife manages to eat up any onboard credit I obtain with photos, I thought this might be a way to limit the damage?

A question for people that have had this package, Once again on my next cruise we are traveling with another couple. Usually we take one or two photos of all of us. Would they let us have those photos as well?

You will get any photo that either you or your wife appears in. So it could be a large group but as long as one of you were in the photo it should appear on your disk.

Now that I've finally been able to access my pictures. At 2:30 on Saturday when we reviewed all of our pictures on board on the computer the only pictures in our package were of us plus 1 pictures taken in dining room of our entire table.

Turns out we not only got all of our pictures and the one of our table but we also got about 12 - 14 pictures of the people from our dinner table. We didn't know them and weren't traveling with them just happened to be dinner table mates. But apparently since we appeared in that 1 picture together we got all their pictures as well.

As far as I'm aware, it's due to licensing. You may choose to buy 10 or 15 pictures, and they'll give you a CD containing all of your photos. The purchased license will allow you to unlock that many photos from the CD using their provided software. Their software is used to limit how many you get access to. It's not necessarily all or none, unless you pay for all while you're onboard, but you still get the software controls.

In addition, I think it's possible after the cruise to purchase additional photos from your CD by getting an additional license key for the software.