Whatever happened to privacy laws

wannagonow123

IMO privacy laws are not the issue. I think any company should respect the consumer by not giving out any information about them.

I totally agree. Whether there are laws that cover this or not, it is respect for the customer and in many ways, it could even be a safety/ security issue for some.

I had one child in a state university and one in a private university. Both school's policy was that parents were not entitled to any information. Worked for me!!! I had enough involvement in the lower parts of their academic education.

And I agree, HAL did not give out any cabin number. But after reading posts about ex-husbands and stalkers, I have softened my original views. I would definitely voice my concerns to HAL.

Information about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) can be found here: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html

An 18-year-old, being an adult, is entitled to privacy. At the institution where I work, we routinely have parents strong-arming their offspring into signing away their rights.

And yes, I don't like my in-laws and would be livid to discover that their cabin was across the hall from mine when I hadn't provided them a cabin number or booking number.