Pre-Cruise Planner OVERPAYMENT Bug

All,

If you have made any cancellations via the Pre-Cruise Planner recently, you might want to check your balance and package price. When I looked at my reservation, this morning, I had a balance of $280. Yesterday, I had a $0 balance, and I noticed package price seemed to increase by that $280.

After conversing with a few folks over at RCI (two VERY helpful, one VERY argumentative), we figured out the issue. I had cancelled a reservation for 4 at Chops on our upcoming sailing, a total of $140. The "system" processed a refund for $280 (twice the proper amount) and then charged that ENTIRE $280 back to the package.

They are on it, and I am confident it will be resolved (confident and vigilant, that is). I suggest you act similarly. If you've made any recent cancellations, check your balance and price. The confirmation email I received for the cancellation was accurate, so don't depend on that (except as verification for what should have happened). If you have the same problem, I hope this post saves you some time and energy trying to identify it.

Don't let them tell you "I've run the numbers, and you just owe us $x--it's as simple as that" like the argumentative agent insisted more than once.

I apologize if someone already has posted about this issue, but I didn't see anything that wouldn't already be buried pages deep.

Sail on!

D