Fantasy class ship room question

jenn-

Specifically the Fascination, but all that class are pretty much the same boat. We have sailed on both the Elation and the Fantasy and booked interior midship Riviera both times because my DH suffers from motion sickness (he wears a patch). We really don't want to pay the $40 upgrade to go midship this time through and have a chance for a room right behind the rear set of stairs (one room between). Being this far down in the boat, do you think this is close enough that it won't make a big difference? Can you still really feel the engine in the back or should I try finding something up front?

Specifically the Fascination, but all that class are pretty much the same boat. We have sailed on both the Elation and the Fantasy and booked interior midship Riviera both times because my DH suffers from motion sickness (he wears a patch). We really don't want to pay the $40 upgrade to go midship this time through and have a chance for a room right behind the rear set of stairs (one room between). Being this far down in the boat, do you think this is close enough that it won't make a big difference? Can you still really feel the engine in the back or should I try finding something up front?

That was the general location of the only time I sailed in an interior room on carnival. No motion. Just dark. And the same size room as an outside, only no window.

Aft would be the better choice for motion sensitivity than forward. Do not remember any vibration or engine noise when we have stayed in this location, on Empress and Upper, in the past.

Yeah I've always heard to stay low so empress and upper would be out. I'll stick with aft.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Best place for less motion is center of the ship, center of the decks... Think about how it rocks, and you can imagine the "sweet spot" where the ship doesn't move as much... I'd take a center, interior, Deck 2, if available in your price range.

That said, once you're asleep, does hubby wake? The ships sometimes run faster at night and sometimes the stabilizers are retracted and it is a "more active" cruise. During the day, during food serving hours, the ship tries to run smoothly. So if he sleeps through the night, during the day you're probably not in the cabin all that much. And you may get a smooth cruise anyway...

I pray you have a wonderful cruise!!!!