FLL hotels within walking distance to buy wine

39august

I am familiar with the hotels on or near 17th street, but in early Jan. they are very high priced! Please, can anyone steer me toward a hotel that offers the easy walk to buy wine in a different area of Ft. Lauderdale? I have also stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania Beach which is across the street from a shopping center, but it was very high priced also...$240 including tax, for a two star hotel!

I am familiar with the hotels on or near 17th street, but in early Jan. they are very high priced! Please, can anyone steer me toward a hotel that offers the easy walk to buy wine in a different area of Ft. Lauderdale? I have also stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania Beach which is across the street from a shopping center, but it was very high priced also...$240 including tax, for a two star hotel!

I hope someone can help you but you need to remember that January is high season in south Florida -- everything will be priced accordingly.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on 17th St in April 2014 and paid ~$210 total (ouch) but they have recently done a total renovation and the hotel is very nice. PLUS it is a 5 minute walk to Total Wine in the plaza right behind the hotel. Combine that with a 5 minute cab ride to the Port (~$10) and you have it made. There is also a wide variety of restaurants within walking distance - we like the Bimini Boatyard = they have a great happy hour.

Right now Value Trips only has rates posted through December 2014 for that Hyatt Place. I emailed them yesterday to ask about 2015 rates and am awaiting a reply.

Edited by elycelynne

Right now Value Trips only has rates posted through December 2014 for that Hyatt Place. I emailed them yesterday to ask about 2015 rates and am awaiting a reply.

The prices stay pretty close from year to year. Just use the chart and figure out your season. It won't go up more than ten I'd bet.