Portofino Restaurants

Keith1010

I am also reading trip advisor but thought I would post here.

We have been to this port before but we don't eat off the ship very often.

It will be my wife's birthday that day so was thinking we would have a lunch in port.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Keith

I am also reading trip advisor but thought I would post here.

We have been to this port before but we don't eat off the ship very often.

It will be my wife's birthday that day so was thinking we would have a lunch in port.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Keith

Check out the Hotel Splendido up on the hill...been a few years,but can't beat the view.

Highly recommended and won,t break the bank :

Risorante Puny , Piazza Martiri Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun Lunch 12.30 to 3.30PM. Great Ligurian food from local owners and great views over Portofino harbour .

Is your ship definitely calling there? We were diverted to Portovenere last summer and people who had reservations at hotel Spendido were not happy about that!

We are for sure.

We were in Portovenere in April which was on the schedule and next year it is Portofino which we have been to before on the same ship.

Keith

Check out the Hotel Splendido up on the hill...been a few years,but can't beat the view.

We had the most memorable sunset cocktails there two years ago, after our hike from Santa Margherita. We ordered two (each) champagne cocktails ... Moet et Chandon, with mint and berries. Totally divine! The bill was $130 USD!! We still laugh about that. Fantastic views over the marina though! :D

We had the most memorable sunset cocktails there two years ago, after our hike from Santa Margherita. We ordered two (each) champagne cocktails ... Moet et Chandon, with mint and berries. Totally divine! The bill was $130 USD!! We still laugh about that. Fantastic views over the marina though! :D

I see you have a good taste for Italian wine as well:D

I see you have a good taste for Italian wine as well:D

Yes! One of our favorite places is Montalcino ... we spend a few days there touring the wineries and stock up on our Brunello di Montalcino, before making our way to the Amalfi Coast to spend a week. La dolce vita!

Edited by brunello22

Yes! One of our favorite places is Montalcino ... we spend a few days there touring the wineries and stock up on our Brunello di Montalcino, before making our way to the Amalfi Coast to spend a week. La dolce vita!

Just as an aside...my husband spent quite a few years collecting eine...red only and and I spent a lot of time in France and Italy at wineries trust em...we found one thing however...unless the winery made just a few special bottles that they only sold there it was much cheaper to buy what he was putting away in the US.The wineries plus shipping cost per bottle a lot more than buying it here. At the time we were living right outside DC and there was a wine shop there whose pricing could not be beat.I just pass this on to you as and FYI.Enjoy whatever wine you drink.

Just as an aside...my husband spent quite a few years collecting eine...red only and and I spent a lot of time in France and Italy at wineries trust em...we found one thing however...unless the winery made just a few special bottles that they only sold there it was much cheaper to buy what he was putting away in the US.The wineries plus shipping cost per bottle a lot more than buying it here. At the time we were living right outside DC and there was a wine shop there whose pricing could not be beat.I just pass this on to you as and FYI.Enjoy whatever wine you drink.

Thanks! We do try to find the smaller wineries with limited production; wines that we typically cannot find back home. Most of the Brunello we purchase in Montalcino is consumed before we return to the States, and then we pack a few bottles to take back home. Need to get back to Italy!