Silly quick question about hair

Whimsy88

Does anyone know if I can bring a flat iron on Carnival (we're on Freedom leaving Saturday)? I think I can.

I just got a new haircut that looks great with use of one. Never used one before now, but I definitely like my husband's reaction to it! :D

And any tips on using it would be appreciated. I usually don't have the patience for that kind of thing, but I'm willing to try...

Tip:

Take a couple of clips (similar to the ones your hairdresser will use) - that way you can separate your hair and do it layer by layer. You get a smoother finish that way.

I always do 3/4 layers.

Hair up - bottom layer; let some hair down - next layer and so on....

Leave the hair that sits around your face til last that way you can get it to sit whatever way you want - sometimes it's best to do this after you have put any make-up on.

Tip 2:

If your hair is prone to frizz or be static use a de-frizz putty. Take a teensy small amount (no bigger than a smiley face icon on CC) and rub it thoroughly into your fingers so its only a light coating then brush your fingers through your hair - avoid your roots if you are prone to greasy hair.

Hope this helps :)

What Sparkles said. I wear my hair naturally wavy now - I used to blow it dry straight but never used a flat iron. I now get my hair cut at SuperCuts, who charge $16 for a cut and $25 for a flat iron :eek:. Well, they always want to flat iron my hair before cutting it, so I quickly learned how to flat iron my own hair before a cut. Just did it yesterday in fact. Used a big clip and started at the bottom layer. My bathroom mirror is a tri-fold so I was able to see the back while doing it. That sure helps.

Practice before your cruise because they won't have a tri-fold mirror for you to see while doing the back.

There would be a mass mutiny of very unhappy women if we were not permitted to bring flat irons.:D

If you don't want you hair to be tooo flat, blow dry it and even bend over and blow dry it upside down. After that, just flat iron a top layer all around. Works well if you have fine hair, which I do. I have lots of hair, it's just very fine strands and that's different than having thin hair.

There would be a mass mutiny of very unhappy women if we were not permitted to bring flat irons.:D

If you don't want you hair to be tooo flat, blow dry it and even bend over and blow dry it upside down. After that, just flat iron a top layer all around. Works well if you have fine hair, which I do. I have lots of hair, it's just very fine strands and that's different than having thin hair.

I agree - I have lots of hair but it's fine. When I flat iron it, it loses all of its body. That's what happened last summer when I used the It's a 10 + Keritin shampoo & conditioner - after 2 months, I lost all of the body in it. Stopped using it.

My flat iron has uniquely-sized male prongs (one side is larger than the other). The outlets (all three) in our stateroom (1 set in bathroom and 2 sets in bedroom) did not allow for such a plug. Glad that I brought a 3-way/adapter that allowed me to use my straightener!