Sky - Flight home from Ft Lauderdale

gupsmom

The Sky is out of Miami. What time can I book our flight home from the Sky if we are flying home out of Ft Lauderdale? We will have a private transfer to the airport. I don't mind getting off early, but I'd prefer not to carry off all our luggage (but might consider it).

Thanks...

Jess

We had a flight as early as 9:30am. We made it with time to spare but we were very nervous. We already had our transportation arranged, did early bird check in with Southwest and curb side check in. We're sailing the sky this weekend and our flight out of Ft Lauderdale is 11:30am.

If you want an early flight you must do express walk off. You already have your transportation arranged so that will help you. Some things that could work against you are, there could be a delay going through customs and of course traffic.

We have over 20 plus cruises under our belts and always try to book a flight before noon. So far so good.

Enjoy the Sky. She's an older ship but good for a quick weekend getaway. Also try the ultimate dining package.

Edited by 2ManyCruises

Thanks...

I can get a 12:15pm direct flight out of FT Lauderdale. If I don't take that flight, I can't get another one until after 3pm (and it is not direct).

Do you think we will be ok with this? I know it's almost an hour to Ft. Lauderdale. I wouldn't mind carrying our bags off, but we are travelling with another couple...I'm sure they'd do it if they had to.

Jess

Yeah a flight at 3 doesn't sound too good. If you have everything prearranged - transportation, online check in, boarding passes, express walk off, IMHO I think it's doable. We did it before noon with a group of 6. Everybody must be ready and keep moving.

Of course it's your call.

Oh 1 more thing to consider - although unlikely the ship could pull in late which would throw off everything.

We take all these things into consideration and still book flights before noon. It's worked so far for us.

Edited by 2ManyCruises