If you had a choice......What would you do?

I love choice questions.

I would do 2 or 3 times a year for cheaper.

Suites are nice, and I have had them, but they aren't necessary. I like a good value more than an extravagant room.

If I got a good deal on a suite, I would do it.

Cruise 2 or 3 times a year in an inside or oceanview OR cruise once a year in a big, nice suite? I'm anxious to read other's opinion on this. :confused:

Two or three times a year for the Caribbean. For TA's or longer European cruises, I might go all out.

We did a 12 night Med and we did E's. Suites for those are usually pretty expensive.

It would be a once in a lifetime type of trip for me. I would also fly first class just to say I did it. :)

We have kind of made that decision, we don't cruise without a JS-type suite. The woman to whom I am related by marriage is somewhat claustrophobic and finds the inside and outside window cabins too confining. I too find them much too small for our personal comfort. We enjoy some space. As it is a JS suite is the size of our bathroom at home. Too each his own. There is no right answer.

We find the JS the right amount of space for the cost.

It would be a once in a lifetime type of trip for me. I would also fly first class just to say I did it. :)

I always think about flying first class and then I cheap out.

First class to Europe is $$$$

It's a no brainer for me: if going with an inside cabin meant more cruises, I have no problem picking an inside. In fact, Monday, we are leaving on our fourth cruise this year because two of them have been insides. Two cruises for 2 for under $1000. :D

Sherri:)

Currently our travel time is limited by work <<sigh>>

So that determines how often we can travel, and therefore cruise.

I'd go with one cruise a year in a junior suite, or maybe we'll move up to suites someday.

After we can travel more, I'd probably still go with one cruise per year, and land-based trips otherwise. Lots of places to see yet in this world!

It's a no brainer for me: if going with an inside cabin meant more cruises, I have no problem picking an inside. In fact, Monday, we are leaving on our fourth cruise this year because two of them have been insides. Two cruises for 2 for under $1000. :D

Sherri:)

I like the way you think! :D

I'd much rather go 2 or 3 times a year and an inside room is fine as we hardly use it! I've seen prices for GS for close to $4000 pp that's a waste of money to me! We are going on the Liberty in Sept (Med) and paying for 6 people including airfare for not much more than 2 people in a GS

Edited by tidygirl

Inside all day long!

I'm in my room about 7-8 hours a day and 95% of that is sleeping. I just love to enjoy the ship and could careless about the room.

I've cruised 3 times this year and all together they cost me around $1500 for the year. (3 night-Inside/4 night-Balcony/3 night-OV)

We have little use for a suite when we have the entire ship for our use. I don't even particularly need a balcony unless it is big enough for lounge chairs. I can't see paying extra to just be able to sit in a chair and then have to go up on deck to find a lounger to sprawl out to take a nap.

I've kind of come to the point where this decision is relevant. I've been cruising about 4 times a year, usually in a balcony. I'm getting a little "cruised out" so want to up the "wow factor."

SO now I'm opting for longer cruises in the future, in a suite. Especially for a TA, with all the sea days, I think the suite will be even more important to me.

If you'd asked me that a few years ago my answer would have been different.

We've cruised 5 times so far, all with a balcony. We've found that the last time we didn't spend much time there. We found lots of places around the ship with much more comfortable seating than what the balcony offered. We're trying our first inside room this coming February. I'm pretty sure that it will be OK for us and therefore will be able to take more cruises!!

Currently our travel time is limited by work <<sigh>>

So that determines how often we can travel, and therefore cruise.

I'm with this poster. We simply can't get the additional time off, so we make that one cruise a year in a GS. Serenade was an OS simply because the difference at the time was only a couple hundred $$ for some quirk of fate.

Helps to balance it out if we can drive to the ship.