Turning 3 on board

bearette

From my understanding the first day determines your age on board. We have done several cruises with the kids already but now that they are approaching kids club age I wanted to see what experiences people have had with how closely is this policy followed. I am prepared for no kids club drop off but wanted to see what others had experienced. This cruise will be on NCL.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I can't postpone as it is my spring break ( teacher) but looking down the FAQ page I saw it said on their third bday they are welcome in the kids club. It will be half way through the trip but I am ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'd print out the FAQ page and bring it onboard in case you have any trouble getting them to admit your child on his 3rd birthday. Hopefully the staff will know their regulations, but you are better off being prepared just in case they don't.

Edited by kitkat343

My child is actually boy and girl twins so having them participate would be a great break as for us. Plus they have each other. Not that I plan on leaving them there all the time, but having dinner while they play would be fantastic. Hopefully they will let them but I will plan on not so I am not disappointed.

My daughter turned 3 the second day of a 15 day cruise on RCI. We had no trouble at all putting her in after she was 3, and they even let us register her beforehand. But they specifically told us that she couldn't come until her birthday. I know it is a different line, but I thought I would add our experience for others wondering this question. Our travel agent had confirmed for us beforehand that she could join, but I was very nervous about it and relieved when it wasn't an issue at all.

Glad to hear a success story. They turn three half way through a ten day trip so it wasn't too terrible if they couldn't like yours would have been, but by then I could use a toddler break. Especially since it is a Mediterranean cruise and port intensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the FAQ from the Norwegian site.

The kids can join the programming the day they turn 3.

Can my child move up an age group if celebrating a birthday during the cruise?

Children turning three during the cruise are welcome to participate in Turtles on their birthday. No exceptions can be made.

Children turning six during the cruise are welcome to register for and participate in the 6-9 year old age group beginning embarkation evening.

Children turning ten during the cruise are welcome to register for and participate in the 10-12 year old age group beginning embarkation evening.

Children turning thirteen during the cruise are welcome to participate in Entourage Program on their birthday. No exceptions can be made.