Elite Mini Bar setup

Patsy Flower

I think as an alternative to having a mini bar set up as part of Elite status you can have 2 coffee cards. I am assuming that is one for each Elite member in the stateroom.

Could someone please tell me the actual charge for a coffee card if it was purchased separately, and also is there a maximum number of coffees per card.

Any help would be appreciated. Can the coffee card be used for anything else?

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

If you are accustomed to good quality coffee, you definitely will want a coffee card. The vile concoction in the Horizon Court (buffet) is syrup based. Room service is also syrup based.

Not that syrup-based coffee is always a bad thing. My hometown source, http://www.javacoffee.com/, informs me there are different grades for syrup coffee, just as with ground coffee. Regardless of grade, the taste of syrup based is always going to be somewhat inferior to an equivalent grade of ground. Based on flavor, Princess must use the lowest grade (cheapest) available.

Not all ships have the Int'l Cafe. They do, however, have a Coffee Bar for regular and specialty coffees.

I think as an alternative to having a mini bar set up as part of Elite status you can have 2 coffee cards. I am assuming that is one for each Elite member in the stateroom.

Could someone please tell me the actual charge for a coffee card if it was purchased separately, and also is there a maximum number of coffees per card.

The mini bar swap for coffee cards will get you 2 cards.

The coffee card will also get you brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate for the length of the cruise. On the Royal/Regal it can be used for Gelato.

The mini bar swap for coffee cards will get you 2 cards.

The coffee card will also get you brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate for the length of the cruise. On the Royal/Regal it can be used for Gelato.

I am waiting for that to be reduced to 1 card.

There is only on Elite mini-bar set up per cabin, no matter how many Elites are in the cabin. It is not one card per or person, but two in exchange for the on mini-bar set up. If you opt for wine you only get one $32 bottle in exchange for the entire mini-bar.

Coffee card is $31.00 if purchased in advance or $33.35 if purchased on board ($29.00 + $4.35 gratuity).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can't it also be traded for water and/or soda? We are doing a 14 day cruise in the Caribbean which I've now read is considered a b2b, which means two Elite set ups? We don't drink alcohol, and I certainly won't need more coffee cards, can't I exchange for something else?

Can't it also be traded for water and/or soda? We are doing a 14 day cruise in the Caribbean which I've now read is considered a b2b' date=' which means two Elite set ups? We don't drink alcohol, and I certainly won't need more coffee cards, can't I exchange for something else?[/quote']

Yes 1 for 1.

Can't it also be traded for water and/or soda? We are doing a 14 day cruise in the Caribbean which I've now read is considered a b2b' date=' which means two Elite set ups? We don't drink alcohol, and I certainly won't need more coffee cards, can't I exchange for something else?[/quote']

You'll get 2 setups & here's info in a PDF file from the Captain's Circle FAQs about what is include with the minibar & the exchange options.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271055&d=1368407263

We wanted coffee cards for the second cruise & before the end of the first cruise called room service requesting it. They were happy to not have to bring a complete setup to be exchanged so you could call them with your preference for the second cruise.

Definitely, we always do it and get water and soda:D

Prego! :). We have another 27 days (2 cruises) booked on the Royal & Regal although the TA's ports were better.

I'm so jealous. We booked the regal next year to the Caribbean. I have no desire to do the Caribbean, but I really want to be on one of those ships again. It really spoiled me. The Royal is not available for anything we can do right now, so I chose the regal. I'm looking forward to it. To me the ship is the destination in this case.

We booked the regal next year to the Caribbean. I have no desire to do the Caribbean' date=' but I really want to be on one of those ships again. It really spoiled me. The Royal is not available for anything we can do right now, so I chose the regal. I'm looking forward to it. To me the ship is the destination in this case.[/quote']

Me too & it's why we cancelled a CA Coastal on the Crown to fly to NYC to cruise to FLL via the Caribbean on the Royal in October and the Regal in April from FLL to Copenhagen.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The specialty teas that you can get at the coffee bar with the coffee card are great if you like hot teas. It's a higher quality than what's served in the dining room. They're like the brewed coffee and hot chocolate--included with the card (without getting it punched) as long as you have at least one punch left.

The specialty teas that you can get at the coffee bar with the coffee card are great if you like hot teas. It's a higher quality than what's served in the dining room. They're like the brewed coffee and hot chocolate--included with the card (without getting it punched) as long as you have at least one punch left.
The need to keep a punch on the card was only for the old system. The card is good for unlimited fresh brewed coffee and specialty teas on the cruise you purchased the card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We no longer need the Coffee card or Coke stickers when we buy the new "All Inclusive Beverage Sticker". :D

Our Elite Mini Bar set up is sort of a waste for us.

LuLu

Give it to a table mate. They will be astonished and pleased...

I wonder if you are allowed to give it to your steward???

I usually give the alcohol to my steward.

only once did the steward decline as he didn't drink and I gave it to someone from the roll call.

the stewards maybe don't always use it, but then they can pass it along to someone else.