HAL for Australia/ New Zealand; "I wish"

localady

Okay here is an "I wish":

I wish HAL would take one of their many ships out of the Carribean for 6 months and offer trips between Auckland and Sydney!! I understand that they do have a couple of itineraries that include this, but they are 30 plus day cruises generally. It is my belief that if HAL moved one of the S class ships that the cruise would be very well received by Mariners.

Would anyone else come along on that type of sailing????

Happy Cruising!

7/04 Ryndam Alaska B2B
12/04 Rotterdam Panama Canal
7/05 Prinsendam Baltic
11/05 "Veendammers" Carribean

RCCL x2(1999), Volendam (2000), Millinneum (2000), Maasdam (2001), Disney (2001), Statendam (2003), Amsterdam (2003)

Perhaps their may be hope. We filled out a HAL e-mail survey a few weeks ago asking us about possible interest in cruises in the Far East. One cruise that was mentioned was a possible 16 day Australia to New Zealand winter-time cruise on the Ryndam. We gave it 2 thumbs up and we are really interested if they put the cruise togrther. We love the Ryndam + we did Orient's, the Marco Polo the 1st year it did New Zealand and it was a great trip. We would love to go back again and this time include Australia.

Yes, yes, yes Loca friend, especially when you
& DH are coming along. Did this on the Prinsendam Christmas/New Year and they did a super job. Have been looking at a segment of the world cruise which is quite similar, but alas wrong time, we're "all booked up". Don't you think we should request the Amsterdam to be moved to that part of the world??? Maybe the
62 day Oct/Nov 2005 is just a trial run!!!

jasl

I surely hope so, I think the area is ripe for it! (Well at least I am hehe). We shall see, at present we are all booked out til 2006! But an extensive NZ and Australia trip would be a hoot!

P.S. Jasl-A cruise to anywhere would be a pleasure with you and Bob[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Happy Cruising!

7/04 Ryndam Alaska B2B
7/05 Prinsendam Baltic

RCCL x2(1999), Volendam (2000), Millinneum (2000), Maasdam (2001), Disney (2001), Statendam (2003), Amsterdam (2003)

Well Judy I'll take any of those "dam" ships. I
suggest we discuss this destination on our Veendammer cruise, since most of us are booked up till 2006. Just think, we could negotiate a group rate, shipboard credits for booking on board and you will be elected to design another
logo. Wow, it's difficult to wait that long!!!
Happy planning.

jasl

If this were to happen I am sure a lot of Australians and New Zealanders would use the HAL ship. At the moment the only ship we have doing a similar itinerary to this in winter is the Pacific Princess which is an old Princess ship and not up to scratch.

If would be great to have a HAL ship down here in winter.

Jennie

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;03;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

Jasl and cruisinjudy-
What a fine idea!! Will have to look into it. Meanwhile I hope HAL thinks about it and positions one of their ships down there for some trips!

Aussie Gal- I know that the Sapphire Princess will begin to do Australia/NZ trips but it's a floating city of 2900 ppl. The prices are quite good and in 2006 if HAL doesn't have anything we may well look at it despite it's size!!

Happy Cruising!

7/04 Ryndam Alaska B2B
7/05 Prinsendam Baltic

I am going to be looking at this itinerary in 2006 and I hope that I have some other options before then. We were in New Zealand in 2003 timed with America's cup yacht races and then went to Tahiti and Hawaii on the Legend of the Seas it was a great vacation, and I would like to go back and do more of NZ and visit Austrailia as well, and I hope that some more cruiselines will decide to add this to their offerings. NZ was truly a wonderful place to visit.

jc

[I]Upcoming cruise HAL Rotterdam VI 11/2005 South America
Legend of the Seas RCI 3/03 New Zealand, Tahiti, Hawaii, Adventure of the Seas RCI 2/02 Southern Caribbean, Radiance of the Seas RCI 10/01 Vancouver to Hawaii, Millennium Celebrity 10/00 Eastern Mediterranean, Galaxy Celebrity 12/99 Southern Caribbean, Sensation Carnival 4/98 Eastern Caribbean, Majesty of the Seas RCI 1/96 Western Caribbean

email me at [email]xpcdoojk@yahoo.com[/email][/I]

• 1 month later...
xpedoojk - Just as information...Princess will replace Sapphire Princess with Diamond Princess (sister ship) for the Aus/NZ or NZ/Aus 2006 cruises. In fact - we booked this cruise recently while on Coral Princess. We are now - having second thoughts due to the completely open balconies for the Mini-Suites - which we prefer. However - currently it is a problem to find another cruiseline doing the Aus/NZ-NZ/Aus (approx 12-16 day itinerary) so - I agree HAL, RCCL(or most any of the major cruiselines) would get an excellent response should they decide to do this itinerary for 2006 and beyond. Hey - BTW - you mentioned that you were in Auckland March 2003 timed with America's Cup and then on LOS to Tahiti, etc. We had just got off LOS (loved this 16 day cruise) and did a 5 days AKL post stay. Got to see a good bit of the America's Cup - was great. Just thought I'd pass this info along FWIW. SeaFish

:) [b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]jazzsea [/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Where did you get this information? Is only going to be offered once? January is too early for us. Would love to have that cruise in February.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Do you know anything else? Specific itinerary?[/color][/font][/b]
:)

I hope this itinerary stops at some other NZ ports other than Auckland...while a nice city, it is totally unrepresentative of the rest of NZ, which, IMO, is a much nicer place to visit...maybe Kaikoura, or Whakatane? Where can I find the actual itinerary? HAL site?

Archived