June 28th - 7 Day Northbound Alaska Gulf on the Coral Princess

klouie2000

Hello,

We just returned from a 7 Day cruise from Vancouver to Whittier which started on June 28th. We had a wonderful time although we wished it didn't rain while we were in Glacier Bay, but nevertheless, the beauty of the place did not disappoint.

I scanned all my Princess Patters to give future cruisers a preview and fellow passengers on the same cruise a happy reminder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t92p52biqq671fo/AAA1ULM9IGtqUfXfavF_DIVJa

Enjoy,

Karen

I have a few questions, considering the Coral/Alaska, what cabin did you have? Was there enough entertainment throughout the day? (of course we will be viewing glaciers, scenery, etc) If you had to do the Coral or any other princess ship, which would it be, for alaska., any advice on the Coral would be so helpful. I'm taking my teenager daughters and we are use to big ships and good entertainment, ususally do royal caribbean, any suggestions, thanks

Hi Seamanfs,

I am glad you found the Patters helpful. :)

How lucky are you to do a round trip! I look forward to hearing about your experience.

- Karen

Thanks for posting this. We are on the Aug 9 and Aug 16 trips. The activities and events were helpful!

Hello Hollon,

Surprisingly, I found the Coral didn't have as many activities as on previous cruises. But, then again, after doing 16+ cruises, I am not participating in too many of them anymore although I had a blast at the "Alaskan Fun Fair" event on the last day. This is where various skills games (i.e. tossing bean bags into a hole, ping pong balls into a cup, ...etc) are setup around midship. If you are successful, you receive raffle tickets towards prizes.

As you can see on the Patter, there are still the trivia games, movies, and miscellaneous fun & silly games throughout the week. Sorry, I don't have a suggestion of which ship I like better over another, but I had a great time on the Coral even having been on megaships in the Caribbean.

I saw lots of young people in the pools, playing ping pong and basketball, and playing cards in the game room. For a "smaller" ship, I thought the game room was a fairly good size. There is Princess Links (golf) and a Youth & Teen Center, but I did not explore them. If your teens like to read, there is a library too.

You have 3 days at sea. Other than glaciers & scenery, we spent time looking for wildlife. We saw whales, dolphins, seals, sea otters, orcas, eagles, various birds and fishes, and even a lone bear in the distance.

Suggestions:

1. Bring binoculars to watch for wildlife while on the ship or if you decide to go whale watching or wildlife watching on an excursion.

2. Bring rain gear because the weather is unpredictable. It rained while we were in Ketchikan, Glacier Bay, and Skagway, but had summer-like weather while in Juneau. It always rained in Juneau on all our previous visits.

3. We tried Anytime Dining for the first time and will probably stick with it when we go on future cruises. We felt less rushed to stick to a schedule, met different passengers every evening and had wonderful conversations. If you want a table just to yourself, make a reservation ahead of time.

4. Book excursions outside of the ship, but if this is your first time in Alaska, you might want to book through Princess. As you know, booking anything with a 3rd party, there is always a risk of being late back to the boat so don't risk it if you don't feel comfortable.

I hope this helps.

- Karen

I have a few questions, considering the Coral/Alaska, what cabin did you have? Was there enough entertainment throughout the day? (of course we will be viewing glaciers, scenery, etc) If you had to do the Coral or any other princess ship, which would it be, for alaska., any advice on the Coral would be so helpful. I'm taking my teenager daughters and we are use to big ships and good entertainment, ususally do royal caribbean, any suggestions, thanks
Edited by klouie2000

Hello,

We just returned from a 7 Day cruise from Vancouver to Whittier which started on June 28th. We had a wonderful time although we wished it didn't rain while we were in Glacier Bay, but nevertheless, the beauty of the place did not disappoint.

I scanned all my Princess Patters to give future cruisers a preview and fellow passengers on the same cruise a happy reminder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t92p52biqq671fo/AAA1ULM9IGtqUfXfavF_DIVJa

Enjoy,

Karen

Karen........thanks a bunch for posting your Coral Princess Patters. I enjoy reviewing them and I have added your posting of your site to a Princess Patters listing I'm currently working on and posting on CC. Sounds like you had an enjoyable cruise:).........Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks and I would be interested in seeing your listing once you're done. Yes, we did have a great time!

- Karen

Karen........thanks a bunch for posting your Coral Princess Patters. I enjoy reviewing them and I have added your posting of your site to a Princess Patters listing I'm currently working on and posting on CC. Sounds like you had an enjoyable cruise:).........Mike