Do you bring your own coffee mug?

lukegr

I'm not sure if you feel the same way, but I really don't like those plastic cups they have on the lido deck and at breakfast to hold your coffee in. Has anyone ever thought about bringing your own coffee mug? I'm thinking about bringing one that looks similar to these:

http://www.coffee-makers-espresso-machines.com/thermal-insulated-travel-coffee-mugs-tumblers.html

I'd be interested to know how many of you bring your own :p

Actually I do bring an insulated mug with a top because I like to get my first cup of coffee and roam around the ship. Instead of a nice one like you are thinking of bringing, I pack one I don't care about. I do this because I can leave it behind if my bag is too full. We have lots of these around the house, and I just pick the one I care about least. On our first cruise I took one which was given out by the hospital where I work. My boss looked at my pics and commented on how nice she thought that was. I didn't tell her "why" I picked that particular one! :o

Several people on board asked me where I got the mug, thinking they were given out on the ship.

I'm not sure if you feel the same way, but I really don't like those plastic cups they have on the lido deck and at breakfast to hold your coffee in. Has anyone ever thought about bringing your own coffee mug? I'm thinking about bringing one that looks similar to these:

http://www.coffee-makers-espresso-machines.com/thermal-insulated-travel-coffee-mugs-tumblers.html

I'd be interested to know how many of you bring your own :p

I don't drink coffee, but my husband does and we ALWAYS bring an insulated mug when we cruise (or go on any vacation for that matter). He hates those little cups you get up on deck, doesn't hold enough coffee. I buy his mug in the dollar store -- if it gets lost, no big deal. I definitely recommend bringing your own.

On our last cruise, I was up very early. Like around 5am. I went up to the lido deck and wanted to walk around with a cup of coffee. It was very windy and a little rocky. I swear, most of the coffee in the little coffee cup was on the deck :D Those cups are too small. This cruise, I'm bringing a cheap mug with me. I love my morning coffee.!

I agree with all of those who took a cup. I took one and it came in handy for ice tea and fruit punch for later in the day. The cups are so small, when hanging out by the pool or on deck it saves on the trips back to the fountain area. More time to lay and relax. ALso some mornings we found it a challange to find a coffee cup. They would run out quick.

The biggest challange in this whole topic...do you really want to drink that coffee????

My husband and I always bring a big travel mug as we like to have a coffee on our balcony first thing in the morning and then get ready for the day and go have breakfast. It is also nice to go and get a lemonaid in the afternoon and sit on the balcony and read. Linda

I always take a mug with me but mine is for tea. A bunch of us last year had them on our Ladies only week and I was the one up early every morning so I got to make the coffee/tea run with our mugs and when I came back to the cabins, they always had a bloody mary or mimosa waiting for me as payment.

On our Sensation Cruise a couple of years ago we bought two of the Carnival travel mugs, and they work out great. They are the perfect size, but yet not that big that they cause a problem packing them in the suitcase.

I found the insulated paper mugs, about 7" tall, at the grocery store. I pack them in my carryon and use them all day. They come with lids and can hold hot or cold beverages. The outside is insulated so that you don't burn your hand...it also keeps cold beverages COLD!

My sister really enjoyed the morning cup of coffee that I fetched for her each day! We threw them away when we finished with them.

We always bring our insulated travel mugs. Great for coffee, tea, juice, anything you want to put in them. The hot chocolate on Carnival is especially good! You might want to get the short, wide mugs--if you want a large drink. The tall ones don't fit very well under the spouts.

I found the insulated paper mugs, about 7" tall, at the grocery store. I pack them in my carryon and use them all day. They come with lids and can hold hot or cold beverages. The outside is insulated so that you don't burn your hand...it also keeps cold beverages COLD!

My sister really enjoyed the morning cup of coffee that I fetched for her each day! We threw them away when we finished with them.

These are "Insulair" brand...10 to a package for $1.99. Triple wall insulated, with lids.

Archived