What time do you like to get to the pier

I usually arrive at the pier between 10:30 and 11 A.M. I'm "Diamond", so if the ship is boarding, I get right aboard. If not, it's usually a very short wait till I'm in my cabin, then up to "Lido" for a snack. ;)

"SKY"

We like to get to the port between 10:00 - 10:30. We purchased FTTF on our last cruise, and have purchased it for our next cruise. With a few exceptions, boarding usually starts somewhere between 10:30 - 11:00. I'm really happy if we're on the ship around 11:00 a.m. or very soon after.

As late as possible. No lines and you can go right to your cabin. Yeah I might miss lunch but so what. To me the vacation starts that morning when I get to sleep in. Getting up early and rushing to play in traffic or stand in line does not appeal to me.

Our group arrives by 10:00. A week ago we arrived, dropped our luggage off, parked car, got our embarkation photo taken, walked right up to get S & S card, and was on the ship before 11. Easiest embarkation ever!! Thank you NOLA!!!

The earlier, the better! :) We usually get there around 11am. We have always had FTTF except for our first cruise, so boarding is a bit faster. We have never had much of a wait until this last cruise we just got home from last week. Everyone decided to go at the same time it seemed like to me. The regular lines were horrendous. Even the priority line seemed long. The FTTF line was a breeze, but we had to wait about 15 minutes to actually get on the ship. Normally, we walk right on.

It's either wait around at the hotel or wait around at the pier. I prefer to get the vacation started and get there about 10:30 am. You?

We always stay at a hotel that has a good breakfast joint near by. So, we get up late, eat a good breakfast, check out and then head to the ship. I would say we get there after 11:30. We usually get right through and MOST times the room is available for carry-on drop offs.

We drive in to Galveston from San Antonio. Wake up around 5ish, leave the house around 530 or 6. Make our obligatory stop at Bucky's on the way. Arrive at the port around 10 to 11. I drop everyone off with bags, tip the porter, and go park across the street. Walk back over and we have never waited in line or sitting for more than 30 minutes.

Im starting to get excited! I get to do it all again in around 10 days!

Edited by EnTnSA

We are always up early, so excited about starting the cruise. We usually eat breakfast, and then get a taxi to the port. That usually gets us there around 9:30. People are still getting off from the last cruise and we have to stand outside and wait to be let in. We use FTTF and like to get checked in and then sit and people watch until we get to board. We hate to sit around the hotel (did that for my 1st cruise as we had cruise transportation.) Found out I would much rather be sitting at the pier looking at the ship than waiting at the hotel!

For most of our cruises, if we flew down the night before and stayed in a hotel, I like to check out around 10:30 and get to the port around 11. If we're lucky enough to be driving to the port from home, we're a little bit later. It's about four and a half hours to Charleston from our house. And last time we cruised from there, we picked up DH's mother, which was out of the way and made it about six and a half hours. We got there at 2.