Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi - $22 for 2 People

brunello22

Here is an Amazon local deal for the water taxi - $22 for 2 people for all day:

http://local.amazon.com/fort-lauderdale/B00LEQ404G?ref_=site_more&cid=site_more

So the water taxi has gone up AGAIN in price? I remember when it was reasonably priced but $22 per person is completely ridiculous.

It must not be hurting business because I work on the route and live across the street from the route and see them often and they are 3/4 full.

So the water taxi has gone up AGAIN in price? I remember when it was reasonably priced but $22 per person is completely ridiculous.

It must not be hurting business because I work on the route and live across the street from the route and see them often and they are 3/4 full.

No, it's $22 for 2 people, not per person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No, it's $22 for 2 people, not per person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes but the water taxi has gone from $20 per person to $22 per person. I only noticed it because of the Amazon deal you listed.

So while your deal is $22 for both people, the water taxi itself has gone up to $22 per person.

I think it is getting way overpriced.

It wasn't that long ago it was only $8 per person.

They have so many deals lately that it's effectively $11pp...provided you buy for two people and purchase in advance.

Last month it was a Groupon at $22 for two people and now it's Amazon. I guess they figure they can sell more with the perception of a "deal."

I'm still looking forward to it though! :)

Edited by aurelius180

I think it is getting way overpriced.

It wasn't that long ago it was only $8 per person.

Yep and these "deals" pop up only during the slow time. Not in winter months when folks actually want to use the taxis.

But it worked for me as I purchased this the last time it came up so DD and I can do the ride in October when we are there per cruise.

snow bunny

Make sure you check the hours of the taxis. Seems to me I remember a couple stop points ended earlier than others during fall. :confused:

So if you end up at a restaurant somewhere along the route, ask when the last pickup is so you don't need to car cab it back and spend extra. Maybe this is changed, but I remember some people complaining at a restaurant near us that this happened to them. And they were taken by surprise with that news.

Question please: is there a water taxi stop close to the cruise port( Princess docks), we will be on a back to back cruise in Oct, and the water taxi would be fun for our turn around day.

Cori

Question please: is there a water taxi stop close to the cruise port( Princess docks), we will be on a back to back cruise in Oct, and the water taxi would be fun for our turn around day.

Cori

The closest is at the Hilton Marina on 17th St. right by the bridge. http://www.watertaxi.com/watertaxi/maps-stops-hollywood/. You can walk that from the usual Princess terminal (#2) but if you are at any of the other terminals (when more than one Princess ship is in port, the other is usually at 21 I think), take a cab since the port is massive and industrial. The cab won't be expensive.