Electra Palace Hotel in Athens

Vineyard View

We will be staying in Athens several nights before our cruise. I have booked the Electra Palace Hotel and am curious if anyone has stayed here and could advise how the accomodations were, as well as proximity to main sights in Athens? thank you

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a few months ago when we visited our daughter in Athens. It's a very nice location and an easy walk to the majority of the sights, including the Acropolis and Acropolis Museum. The only place you might need transportation for is the National Archaeological Museum.

The rooms were quite nice. A little small by American standards but standard for a major European city.

We really enjoyed the rooftop bar--gorgeous view. It was a bit too cold to swim while we were there but the pool looked pretty nice as well. I definitely think you made a good choice!

• 2 weeks later...

Vineyard View,

Stayed for 2 nights during May this year. Hotel is a 2/3 block walk from Singtagma square where the airport and cruise port shuttle bus and Metro stops are. Easy walking to Plaka attractions and restaurants - The cafe/restaurant in the side street was very good (sorry can't remember name -but you can't miss it).

We were first in the gate to the Acropolis so very close about 1Km walk. Breakfast was very good. Our only issue was with internet - there were free hotspots in the lobby - but we didn't see the signs and you needed a password - all the info in the room was about how to buy internet time. I gave a 4 star on tripadviser - would have been 5 if we had known earlier or been told about free internet -don't think you should have to ask.

Thank you very much - that tip is fairly important. I would think that they would have told you, but internet policies in traveling are so 'all over the board' when in my opinion there should not be a charge at all - it is simply a money maker - not an expense to ships, hotels, etc. but then again, it is only my opinion. Doesn't make me correct! :D