Charming hotel in Paris

Hi,

We will be staying in Paris for a few nights (Jun 04) after cruising the Med. Could anyone suggest a charming boutique style hotel in central Paris (area of Opera, Louvre or Champs Elysee)? How can one get the best rate? I try Priceline a few times but unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Evelyn

I can only recommend the Derby Alma Hotel on the 7th arr. in Paris. It is not on the location you are looking for, but it is definetely a great hotel at a great price, and only a block away from the Eiffel tower and the Sienne.

This hotel is definetely a boutique charming with a great staff.

Brilliance of the Seas, RCCL 6/17/05

Enchantment of the Seas, RCCL, 11/01

Tropicale, Carnival 08/99

A few years ago, we were very pleased with the Beau Manoir which is a small boutique hotel near the Madeleine and the opera. There are many terrific food boutiques and restaurants in the area, and we walked everywhere from there.

Look at www.beaumanoir.com

There is a diamond merchant in Antwerp who has spent a lifetime studying Paris, its hotels, and restaurants. Its a labor of love for this gentleman, and he has always been helpful to us who love Paris and want to find out about the less touristy places. His name is Jack and he now has a web site at www.jack-travel.com. He has also been known to respond to e-mails with specific requests for info.

Hank

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ewong:

Hi,

We will be staying in Paris for a few nights (Jun 04) after cruising the Med. Could anyone suggest a charming boutique style hotel in central Paris (area of Opera, Louvre or Champs Elysee)? How can one get the best rate? I try Priceline a few times but unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Evelyn<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am going to assume that the boutique hotels in Paris may not be on Priceline.As for a good rate you may want to Google any hotel you choose and go on to their website and book if the rate is good as this is where the small hotels post their specials as a rule.

I have stayed at the Queen Mary which a a small hotel,but quite elegant within walking distance of the Louvre,the Opera and the bottom of the Champs.Here is a link HOTEL QUEEN MARY HOTELS .

There is also Hotel Tronchet that may suit your need and is in the same area.HOTEL TRONCHET .

I generally stay in this area in Paris when I go and it is safe,clean,many places to eat,and best of all you can walk to many sights.Metro stops are abundant as well. Enjoy Paris.

Karen

Ü

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have looked up the hotels and they all seem very nice. I think we will try booking at the Queen Mary hotel.

Thanks again for your input.

One more question: Fine dining in Paris - Would you go for Le Grand Vefour, Les Ambassadeurs in Hotel Crillon, Le Meurice or Les Elysees du Vernet? What was your experience in these restaurants?

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ewong:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have looked up the hotels and they all seem very nice. I think we will try booking at the Queen Mary hotel.

Thanks again for your input.

One more question: Fine dining in Paris - Would you go for Le Grand Vefour, Les Ambassadeurs in Hotel Crillon, Le Meurice or Les Elysees du Vernet? What was your experience in these restaurants?

Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI..no matter which of these places you pick to dine it is probably to late to make reservations,but you can try.Most of the top restaruants are booked months in advance..HOWEVER..the best thing to do is to have the concierge call for you upon arrival if you can't make one ahead of time.I tend to eat at cafes,and not the large top of the line restaurants in Paris so I can not say which one is better although the Crillion would not be a bad choice.You could walk there as well from the QM.You may also want to try Taillevant or Tour d'Argent as well for reservations.

If you do get a reservation at the QM just know that the elevator is VERY SMALL..icon_smile.gif

Hope you have a wonderful stay in Paris.

Karen

Ü

Archived