Zuiderdam SS6108

mrscopper

Has anyone out there stayed in the HC room? It says it is SS but seems much smaller than other SS cabins. The graphic also shows bathtub not roll in shower. One description says king bed, another says queen. I would appreciate any feedback.

It's slightly larger than standard SS cabins due to the angle on the cabin by the balcony.

The schematic shown on Holland America 's website for the SS6108 Accessible cabin clearly states that it displays the layout of suite SY6108 so there may be some slight variables.

SS6108 has a roll-in-shower and 2 lower beds that convert to 1 king bed.

Following is copied directly from the Zuiderdamm's Deckplans posted on HAL's website .

Accessible Verandah Suites

Signature Suites: (Superior Verandah Suite)

2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed, bathtub and separate roll-in shower, sitting area, wide interior & exterior doors, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 1 person. The schematic shown here displays the layout of suite SY6108.

Room Amenities

Include all the stateroom amenities, plus: •A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows

•No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining

•Personalized cruise stationery

•Oversized bath towels

•One-touch telephone concierge service

•Fresh flowers

•Complimentary DVD library

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thank you very much for responding. I did look at Zuiderdam description and schematic, SS6108, but don't know about SY, maybe I am just not clear. One said queen bed and another said queen. I will check with HAL.

• 2 weeks later...

SS 8068 is a full SS located midship that works well. Roll-in shower and bathtub and no step up to bathroom. Door to balcony includes a ramp on both sides of door to allow WC to access balcony. Other H/C features include a "911" button that, when pressed, results in a phone call within a minute to inquire if you need assistance. King bed. Easy to get around room in a wheelchair.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your reply, but I am not sure we are talking about the same room. I read HAL description and it said king bed. I called special needs and they said no it was a queen. I asked why they did not ask someone in the company to have web site fixed. The guy I spoke with acted like I was bothering him. It bothered me that I paid the upgrade to SS from VA because I thought I was going to have king bed. Oh well, HAL is just not as customer friendly as it was in years past. I love to cruise!

Not too long ago HAL changed some of the cabin designations.

It was SY 6108 - maybe changed to an SS which is slightly more expensive.

We stayed in that cabin and enjoyed it. As I recall, the shower configuration is like other SYs and Neptune suites (SA, etc.) that are accessible.

The shower is across from the toilet. When you pull the shower curtain shut, you and the toilet are inside it.

Makes for wet TP if you forget to remove it before showering!

As I recall (I think we had that room in 2008), the room is pretty spacious, and the balcony is bigger than the other two handicapped cabins at the SY level on deck 5.