I have been try to decide which ship I would like to go on next, I have only been on

baileydanae

I have only been on one Carnival ship which was the ecstasy, so which Carnival ship would you suggest and why. Thanks!

Depends on what you're looking for and what you're looking to avoid. Some people really enjoy the Dream class while others feel they are too big/crowded. Some really like the Fantasy class while others feel they're too small and outdated.

I think I've seen a good, general consensus that most people really enjoy the Liberty, if you're just looking for a general recommendation. She doesn't have the Waterworks on deck but she does have some of the 2.0 upgrades and is a size that's a happy medium between Fantasy and Dream class.

We absolutely loved the Conquest last year. We're booked on the Freedom, another Conquest class ship, for this year and I'm eyeing the Breeze for next year. We actually prefer the larger ships. Our first two cruises were aboard the Fantasy. We certainly enjoyed them both and she will always have a special place in my heart but I don't know that I would sail that class again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We avoid the larger ships, not crazy about being on a ship that has more people on it than live in my town :D :D

These days, we avoid the smaller Carnival ships like the plague. Old, crowded, outdated, with smaller oceanview cabins, no balconies, and lacking the layout and venues found on the newer ships. We'll consider them if we need a convenient, short, cheap getaway since that's what sails from our closest "drive to" ports, but otherwise, they are at the bottom of our list.

Although we loved the Dream class, our vote goes to the Liberty. It's our favorite ship in the entire Carnival fleet. It's just right! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've only been on the dream and liberty. I thought the dream felt less crowded. Lido just felt so much smaller, crowded. I also liked the promenade deck. I missed being able to walk around the ship, big open deck. But then I cruise for the itineraries and not the ship so much.

Depends on what you're looking for and what you're looking to avoid. Some people really enjoy the Dream class while others feel they are too big/crowded. Some really like the Fantasy class while others feel they're too small and outdated.

I think I've seen a good, general consensus that most people really enjoy the Liberty, if you're just looking for a general recommendation. She doesn't have the Waterworks on deck but she does have some of the 2.0 upgrades and is a size that's a happy medium between Fantasy and Dream class.

Agree on the Conquest Class. Have been on the Freedom twice now, pre 2.0, and booked her again post 2.0. Not to big, not to small (although we also loved the smaller Miracle-Spirit Class) great venues and now with 2.0 even better.

Have been on Triumph (first cruise), Liberty and Freedom.

Looking to book our next one, will most likely be on the Conquest.

To be honest, we don't really look at the class of ship, but rather destination.

I have been on Fantasy Class, Conquest Class, and Dream Class. Our favorite is the Freedom (Conquest Class) and Elation (Fantasy Class) I think it is a personal choice.

I have hear the Triumph was awesome. Lots of people like the Breeze, too!

Why don't you just plan to try all of them? :D

Edited by momof4boys

Well I have only been on one small ship (Imagination) and 3 times on Conquest class ships, so obviously I like the Conquest class of ships. I like the size of them because they are big enough to have a variety of venues but not too big. I like to be able to feel like in 5-7 days that the ship is big enough that I have a good feel for it, but not so big that I have been to every corner of the ship 50 times.

I do plan on trying one of the Dream class ships or even a Mega ship (like RCL Oasis or Allure) one of these days, but the price tag on those ships is a little bigger. Its hard for me to justify to myself when I love the Conquest class ships quite a lot.