PVP Rant

cmjb4ever

Interested to know more about the scenic ocean view rooms. Do you feel a lot of motion at the very front of the ship? Also about closing the blinds at night, is this just when you need to have lights on in cabin? It looks like the 6K are more roomy, is this just because of the different layout of room or is it larger? The 6J appear to be less expensive than a balcony on most cruises. Wow what a nice alternative than just a picture window. Thanks for sharing this information!

You have to close the blinds at night because lights on in the cabin may interfere with Navigation from the Bridge. If you have your lights off then I'm sure it would be fine to have it open at night.

The 6K are actually a lot bigger. Regular ocean view rooms are 220 square feet, 6Ks are 320 square feet.

You have to close the blinds at night because lights on in the cabin may interfere with Navigation from the Bridge. If you have your lights off then I'm sure it would be fine to have it open at night.

The 6K are actually a lot bigger. Regular ocean view rooms are 220 square feet' date=' 6Ks are 320 square feet.[/quote']

Thanks for the info. Just realized the origin of this post not really on topic lol. But I imagined it had to do with the bridge, still wondering about movement in higher forward cabin? Anybody??

I'm not thrilled with my PVP, was rude to my wife after she asked to take a message. Yesterday I got a bit of silence for booking my Carnival cruise through a TA.

Definitely change your PVP. I did a google search for "best Carnival PVP" and multiple threads on CC and on the carnival.com forums actually popped up in the search results with many people raving about multiple PVPs by name. I chose one and got an excellent one that went to bat for me the first time I spoke to her!

This is the reason I book with a reputable agent. PVP's are usually people who have never cruised and have no idea of what they are selling. I want an informed person booking my cruise vacation.

I've received a couple of calls on my "cruise contact" phone number. AKA my cell phone and I have told the PVP to NEVER contact me on that number again. One got the message, the other took a bit of hard persuasion to get it through their head.

In 42 cruises I've never used a PVP and don't intend to start now.

Take care,

Mike

The 6K are actually a lot bigger. Regular ocean view rooms are 220 square feet' date=' 6Ks are 320 square feet.[/quote']

Regular oceanview rooms are typically 185 sq.ft., 6J scenic oceanviews are bigger than regular oceanview rooms.

I was wondering about all of these infamous 6J and 6K cabins.. I happened to not even realize it but I booked a 6K cabin for my honeymoon. I am beyond excited when I realized what room I acquired!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regular oceanview rooms are typically 185 sq.ft., 6J scenic oceanviews are bigger than regular oceanview rooms.

'regular' oceanview rooms on fantasy class are 185 sq ft.

'regular' oceanview rooms on destiny, triumph, conquest, splendor and dream class are 220 sq ft.

'regular' balcony rooms on destiny, triumph, conquest, splendor and dream class are 185 sq ft + 35 sq ft balcony = 220 sq ft. the balcony projects beyond the footprint of the oceanview rooms below.

and there are more 'irregular' type rooms on the destiny, triumph, conquest, splendor and dream classes - in all cabin categories, oceanviews included.