Masonic meetings

I am on IOS 9th August with a fellow Freemason and our families. I thought it might be fun to arrange some pre-dinner drinks on a formal night for other Masons, their families and any masonic widows on board. Does anyone know what the process is for doing this on RCI ? Who would I need to speak to on the ship ? Are there any other brothers on the same sailing on the boards ?

Neil

I am on IOS 9th August with a fellow Freemason and our families. I thought it might be fun to arrange some pre-dinner drinks on a formal night for other Masons, their families and any masonic widows on board. Does anyone know what the process is for doing this on RCI ? Who would I need to speak to on the ship ? Are there any other brothers on the same sailing on the boards ?

Neil

There is a Community Bulletin Board near Guest Services where you can put up a notice of your event.

Neil

What a great idea. I may have to "steal" this...one traveling man to another.

Neil

What a wonderful thought. Use the community bulletin board as clarea suggested. Best of luck Brother and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure what we're going to do other than meet up yet, maybe invite the Captain down, have some sort of collection for the Ships charity etc - but it just sounded like it might be fun.

I've posted in the Roll Call for the sailing as well, although I don't think everyone that will be boarding uses these boards (the ship is full so that's about 3,500 people !!!).

I'll try to talk to someone in RCI, or contact some other Brothers I know, to see if there's a protocol to follow.

Happy cruising !

Getting back on topic, damn I hate internet trolls.

Ref the Community notice board, you will see notices for 'Friends of Dorothy'

'Friends of Bill' meetings ect. Kind of amusing to figure them out. I attend neither :)

Is there a code for the Masons? Maybe you could make one up. Maybe 'Friends of Euclid'

Oh, I am not a mason. Just interested in the history.

Edited by Magnetchief

Getting back on topic, damn I hate internet trolls.

Ref the Community notice board, you will see notices for 'Friends of Dorothy'

'Friends of Bill' meetings ect. Kind of amusing to figure them out. I attend neither :)

Is there a code for the Masons? Maybe you could make one up. Maybe 'Friends of Euclid'

Oh, I am not a mason. Just interested in the history.

Thank you for getting this thread back on track!

I'd be tempted to show up at a "Friends of Euclid" meeting myself, just because it sounds interesting (but I wouldn't make it past the secret handshake).

Reminds me of the two older ladies who showed up at a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting thinking it had something to do with the Golden Girls/Bea Arthur, but the meeting attendees set them straight [ooh, groan...] :D