Woo -Hoo! upgrade fairy

tidyoyster

I couldn't believe it! I checked my booking this morning and we've been upgraded from inside guarantee to an 8D I'm so excited! I never thought when I booked an inside that we could be upgraded to a balcony.Wow, This is our first cruise on Carnival. I guess sometimes it pays to book early.

Thanks Serene for your help! I love these boards.

Sorry, but I have a stupid question. How did you "check your booking"? I booked a guarantee room, but have no idea what my actual room will be. I guess I thought that the rooms weren't selected until right before the trip for guarantees. Either way, congrats! That is a heck of an upgrade.

Suzy- what are you holding out for? Most times cruises jsut go higher inprices. Just make sure you book with someone who gives you any price reductions as they come in-- you want that UP TIL SAILING. some agents will give itonly to final payments.

From reading the boards on the subjext of upgrades... it doesnt happen as often as people make it sound. People who paid more for a cabin will get upgraded first before someone who paid very low for the same cabin booked over a year out. (me-- 4 times booked guarantees over a year out and never once got upgraded. ) so now i get a cheap price and book a set cabin and know the area that I want. (I also look for the bigger balcony/cabin

Archived