Washing clothes in cabin

lorri111

In a pinch, a covered balcony makes a great dryer, especially when the sun's shining. Use clothespins to attach the clothes to the patio furniture (once you've cleaned it up) not the railing (unless you like to see clothes fly). Everything dries much faster than on the shower clothesline. Don't do this with an uncovered balcony or another one that others can see into.

In a pinch, a covered balcony makes a great dryer, especially when the sun's shining. Use clothespins to attach the clothes to the patio furniture (once you've cleaned it up) not the railing (unless you like to see clothes fly). Everything dries much faster than on the shower clothesline. Don't do this with an uncovered balcony or another one that others can see into.

Problem with that is "Salt Spray". No matter how high your deck is covered or uncovered, you can rub your finger across the railing & deck chairs and have salt residue. Best to dry clothes inside of the cabin. ;)

LuLu

I find the darn clothes line to high for me to reach - and if I stuggle and get it - the room person undoes it every day - even after I ask them not too. (I am only 4-10") I now take a small string to tie to objects in the room and make a line - towel bar to hook on door etc.

Usually travel for around 6 weeks at a time, and being single - I only use one med size suitcase, could not separate clean/dirty - so try to keep everything washed out as I go. I have done it so much, that I find even on a one week trip I end up rinsing things out. It has become a habit.

Ok to say I am on vacation, but do not want to spend my first week home doing dirty laundry!

Problem with that is "Salt Spray". No matter how high your deck is covered or uncovered, you can rub your finger across the railing & deck chairs and have salt residue. Best to dry clothes inside of the cabin. ;)

LuLu

They'll put their clothes out there once & learn just how much salt spray there is. :D

I like to use the Laundromats but use the ship's services for our dry cleaning. We usually do cruises longer than 10 days (a retirement benefit:D ). I dislike paying for the third piece of luggage. :( When we get home I don't have two days worth of laundry to do.:):)

We also usually take cruises of more than ten days and often add a land component as well. We do not like to have more luggage than we can comfortably manage ourselves - carrying upstairs or fitting into a small rental car, so we usually need to do some laundry at some stage of our trip. We have accumulated a travel wardrobe which consists of easy wash and dry items, many of which can be washed by hand, and none of which require ironing. I don't mind doing a bit of washing on holiday, but definitely draw the line at ironing!

Sheila

LuLu

We've always been on Emerald Deck or higher and have never had a problem with this. Again, clean the chairs off first. Also note that if you leave clothes on the balcony while you're docked during the day and your balcony is in the sun, you get quick drying and no "salt spray" whatsoever.

We've always been on Emerald Deck or higher and have never had a problem with this. Again, clean the chairs off first. Also note that if you leave clothes on the balcony while you're docked during the day and your balcony is in the sun, you get quick drying and no "salt spray" whatsoever.

Still nothing beats faster drying than in the room with the AC and you can leave the clothes hanging there when your gone. They really don't want items left hanging outside when you're not there.