3 days away and got a Balcony!!!

sprint180

I am so excited. We are three days away from our cruise, yippee! We have been booked 4 of us in and inside on deck 5. This morning I talked to my daughter and she asked for a copy of the deck plans so she could find exit routes. I told her to go to the rail and jump but I know she didn't appreciate my answer. So knowing she would be more comfortable in a balcony then a inside on a low deck I called ncl and asked if I could still get a balcony, so I did it for $800 and $100 in onboard credit. That is fine I'm just happy I got a balcony. My kids are going to be so surprised and happy. Just had to tell someone!

Edited by sprint180

:D Enjoy your balcony. $700 for peace of mind and a great view sounds like money well spent to me.

But tell your daughter that if in the event of an emergency, your emergency exit route is posted on the door in your cabin. I am sure she didn't appreciate your answer....but it was a good one! ;)

Good going!! I did that once... we had booked an ocean view window months ahead and I saw an aft balcony become available close to the cruise date, so as a surprise for my husband, I booked it.

The surprise on his face was priceless when we went to the cabin and opened the door.

Have fun... nice story.

Yes a 7 day to Alaska. My kids are going to be thrilled.

Then you made a very good choice. If the weather cooperates at all, likely each of you will get more than $25 worth of pleasure from being on that balcony each day of your cruise. And the natural light and fresh air in the cabin are nice. And more photo ops, too. And a quiet place to relax if the room gets hectic. Have a great time.

The kids will love the balcony. On our Alaskan cruise we saw whales, dolphins and eagles while on our balcony. :cool:

Linda

We upgraded to a balcony for the price of our whale watching tour. We decided we would rather whale watch off the balcony. I hope we get to see as much wildlife as you did.

I'm traveling solo on the 8-9-14 Getaway. I just booked this a few days ago and a booked a solo cabin. I'm super excited about the cruise, but having reservations about a solo cabin. Do you think it's possible I could get a nicer cabin without spending a fortune? If so, what process would you follow? I booked through an online travel agent and paid in full at the time on booking.

I'm traveling solo on the 8-9-14 Getaway. I just booked this a few days ago and a booked a solo cabin. I'm super excited about the cruise, but having reservations about a solo cabin. Do you think it's possible I could get a nicer cabin without spending a fortune? If so, what process would you follow? I booked through an online travel agent and paid in full at the time on booking.

Those solo cabins are nice. Any changes you make will have to be made through that TA. You should call them now.

Horseworld, I will be on that cruise. Are you part of the roll call? We are having a meet and greet!!

I am so excited. We are three days away from our cruise, yippee! We have been booked 4 of us in and inside on deck 5. This morning I talked to my daughter and she asked for a copy of the deck plans so she could find exit routes. I told her to go to the rail and jump but I know she didn't appreciate my answer. So knowing she would be more comfortable in a balcony then a inside on a low deck I called ncl and asked if I could still get a balcony, so I did it for $800 and $100 in onboard credit. That is fine I'm just happy I got a balcony. My kids are going to be so surprised and happy. Just had to tell someone!

But you will never book an inside room again now! ahahaha! We are balcony snobs now and will never book anything else! Enjoy the cruise! The balcony really isn't as small as people lead you to believe! ( at least on the Getaway that is) Enjoy!!! It'll be well worth the $..think of it as an extension of your room...