Avalon Hand Lugage Rules

honumaui

We cruised with Avalon 2 years ago. Had one check in each and one roll on. The roll on was placed in a compartment under the bus when traveling and placed inside our check ins when in the cabin. The new rules indicate no roll ons on a bus. I am confused. Does that mean only that you can not bring them into the bus or that you can't have them at all. We are leaving in a few weeks and have a pre cruise tour booked which will then bring us to the boat.

We cruised with Avalon 2 years ago. Had one check in each and one roll on. The roll on was placed in a compartment under the bus when traveling and placed inside our check ins when in the cabin. The new rules indicate no roll ons on a bus. I am confused. Does that mean only that you can not bring them into the bus or that you can't have them at all. We are leaving in a few weeks and have a pre cruise tour booked which will then bring us to the boat.

I believe they mean you can't bring them inside the bus. They will have to go in the underbelly with the larger pieces. As you can imagine, overhead space is probably just large enough for purses, jackets, etc.

Cole

The roll on will go underneath the bus. There is no place to safely store it on the bus. I think it is more a safety issue and for you to know not to pack anything you will need with you at all times in a case that will be under the bus. Use a small zippered tote for things you need to keep on your person. There was no issue whatsoever with the luggage on our July cruise. Simply left in area with the tags on and then never saw them until they were in our cabin. Btw they send you each two Avalon luggage tags for transfer so don't worry.

Edited by Got2Cruise