Proof of credit card Insurance??

I have always been a bit nervous and dubious of credit card supplied travel insurance and have hence always purchased independent insurance policy. However, for our next cruise we are going to give it a try (and hoping that we don't actually have to use it) .

I have downloaded the Policy and Policy disclosure statement which includes emergency telephone contact numbers. BUT - with Independent Policy , you have an actual Policy number to quote to prove that you have the Insurance Policy - but with this CC provided policy, I am unsure of what "proof" I need to have or should take with me. So, for example, IF I had to contact the emergency number , what do I do to "proove" that I have a Policy?????

Barry

I have always been a bit nervous and dubious of credit card supplied travel insurance and have hence always purchased independent insurance policy. However, for our next cruise we are going to give it a try (and hoping that we don't actually have to use it) .

I have downloaded the Policy and Policy disclosure statement which includes emergency telephone contact numbers. BUT - with Independent Policy , you have an actual Policy number to quote to prove that you have the Insurance Policy - but with this CC provided policy, I am unsure of what "proof" I need to have or should take with me. So, for example, IF I had to contact the emergency number , what do I do to "proove" that I have a Policy?????

Barry

we use a gold credit card to get the insurance and we must spend $500 and then we are covered and when your monthly statement comes out you have proof that you have paid

Barry

I would think that your credit card along with a photocopy of your purchase of the cruise with that card would be all the proof required.;)

And make sure you notify your bank that you are going away.

We have used this type of insurance and had to claim. We had a full report from the Dr on the ship and enclosed this with our claim, as well as a copy of my CC statement with proof as to how we paid for the trip.

Claim paid into our Bank acc in 7 days.

We use the cover provided by our Visa Platinum. The only condition is that you held the card when you book and take the trip. (It used to be that you had to pay for the trip with your card)

They require you to "activate" the policy by giving them the info of departure, return and countries visited.

There is also an age limit over which you pay an "extra" and they do not automatically cover pre-existing conditions but will quote for this cover as another "extra".

Even with the extras it still works out cheaper than other companies.

Having done all the above they send us conditions,confirmation and policy number by e mail which I print off and take

Edited by kiwipete

Bazz

All you need is the fact on your credit card statement that you have paid an airline, travel agent or cruise ship company for a holiday. You don't need to produce anything as the credit card company have instant access to your statements anyway I queried the lack of anything in my hand that I was insured from Amex and was told that all I needed was the proof of payment on my statement

This indeed proved correct as I had a claim to make for a lost iPad 7 months ago

And all I had to do was phone the number on the PDS and a claim form was emailed to me that day and within 5 days I had been reimbursed for the iPad

I have tried to claim for a cancelled cruise from one of the ordinary travel insurance companies and had no end of trouble and a 7 month battle to get a resolution. I will never go back to them and will stick with my credit card insurance as I am very satisfied with them and it is hassle free, so much so that like you I had doubts at first as to how did you know if you were insured or not but by making my claim soon put my mind at rest

John

Thank you all - I have reread the fine fine print of my ANZ Platinum card insurance and find that I am indeed automatically covered - they recommend that we take a copy of the CC account for the month that it was paid. I also have the receipt from the TA

Barry

Thank you all - I have reread the fine fine print of my ANZ Platinum card insurance and find that I am indeed automatically covered - they recommend that we take a copy of the CC account for the month that it was paid. I also have the receipt from the TA

Barry

That is all you need, and if a claim is required (I hope not for your sake), sned that along with the claim form and any other supporting evidence, reciepts, invoices etc. of the claim.:D

I use the same insurance and have claimed twice over the last few years and have had no issues with the claims.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Barry

That is correct. ANZ are underwritten by Zurich which is the same as our Altitude Black card and we only need to take a copy of the CC statement. I usually highlight the payment.