Cost of Laundry or Laundry Package

Cruisedreamer1

Not having your clothes with you can be a pain. This often happens when people dont get their luggage on time or have their luggage lost in transit. With all the travel we do we have been very lucky so far. However I always carry one of each and then some in my carry on to alleviate severe difficulty. In FP I could always stock up on some Mumus. Maybe Anna or the mamas who come on board will give me tips on where I could get them! But this could be a terrible problem if I was in Japan or other asian countries where their XL size is very small.

Yes, in Vietnam I couldnt find a pair of jeans that would fit me in any store. My other 1/2 was less than impressed when I started refering to his clothing size as "happy budha size" (pat round tummy for luck).

But back to the ship, I'm not sure how many thousands worth of clothing I had, I dont travel light and I was in the grand suite. For me the package was so worth it as we had a few days staying either side of our cruise so didnt use hotel laundry and just used the boat. Day one - four days worth of clothes sent to the laundry. Oh, and the laundry package was also able to be purchased on board if you did so within the first 24hrs.

Yes, in Vietnam I couldnt find a pair of jeans that would fit me in any store. My other 1/2 was less than impressed when I started refering to his clothing size as "happy budha size" (pat round tummy for luck).

But back to the ship, I'm not sure how many thousands worth of clothing I had, I dont travel light and I was in the grand suite. For me the package was so worth it as we had a few days staying either side of our cruise so didnt use hotel laundry and just used the boat. Day one - four days worth of clothes sent to the laundry. Oh, and the laundry package was also able to be purchased on board if you did so within the first 24hrs.

Absolutely! In the Pearl market in Beijing a number of young Chinese women decided to come by and rub DH's tummy for luck. I was a bit annoyed as I thought them too forward!

DD says she wouldnt give her Armani/Escada/Hermes stuff to anyone but special dry cleaners. If stuff is important to you keep a hold on it. For me I stick with those designers that fit my XL size and I am not attached monetarily or emotionally to my possessions.

Absolutely! In the Pearl market in Beijing a number of young Chinese women decided to come by and rub DH's tummy for luck. I was a bit annoyed as I thought them too forward!

DD says she wouldnt give her Armani/Escada/Hermes stuff to anyone but special dry cleaners. If stuff is important to you keep a hold on it. For me I stick with those designers that fit my XL size and I am not attached monetarily or emotionally to my possessions.

However if you took some clothing to the cleaners and they lost it, you would expect it to be replaced, correct?

I am not "financially" or "emotionally" attached to my clothing, but I do expect a standard of care when I take it to the cleaners, the tailor, etc., and if it is lost or damaged while in that care, I expect to be made whole. I don't feel that is unreasonable.

I like to use the laundry services onboard - let's me pack less. I've used the PG services individually, and last cruise bought the laundry package rather than completing individual tickets. I was very pleased with the service. We spent a few days pre-cruise, so I handed in a bunch of items on the first day, and kept it going for the entire cruise. I used the service quite a bit and probably came out ahead by buying the package plan.

However if you took some clothing to the cleaners and they lost it, you would expect it to be replaced, correct?

I am not "financially" or "emotionally" attached to my clothing, but I do expect a standard of care when I take it to the cleaners, the tailor, etc., and if it is lost or damaged while in that care, I expect to be made whole. I don't feel that is unreasonable.

Being made whole is such an insurance term!

Of course I would be upset if my clothes were lost however after a day or two I would move on with my life.

I have had bad luck recently when my flat bed seat didn't lie flat . I was upset but I moved on.

So if Windstar is your choice .....Sails away....

If you love the thousand $ bottles of wine enjoy your passion ( or visit Motu who has Chateau Laffite Rothschild in his cellar)

Edited by Emdee

Being made whole is such an insurance term!

Of course I would be upset if my clothes were lost however after a day or two I would move on with my life.

I have had bad luck recently when my flat bed seat didn't lie flat . I was upset but I moved on.

So if Windstar is your choice .....Sails away....

If you love the thousand $ bottles of wine enjoy your passion ( or visit Motu who has Chateau Laffite Rothschild in his cellar)

There's a big difference between a flatbed seat not working and having your laundry go missing. You left the plane with the belongings you boarded with. I'm quite certain that the airline did something to compensate you--air miles or a partial refund. If you didn't pursue it, you should.

Bottom line, PG agreed to compensate me for the laundry they lost, and I'm satisfied with their offer.

By the way, I'm partial to Haut-Brion and Margaux, although I'm not sure what that has to do with missing laundry.

Edited by ducklite

There's a big difference between a flatbed seat not working and having your laundry go missing. You left the plane with the belongings you boarded with. I'm quite certain that the airline did something to compensate you--air miles or a partial refund. If you didn't pursue it, you should.

Bottom line, PG agreed to compensate me for the laundry they lost, and I'm satisfied with their offer.

By the way, I'm partial to Haut-Brion and Margaux, although I'm not sure what that has to do with missing laundry.

Like I said I am not attached to material things too much. So missing the odd something or leaving something behind which I am known to do is no biggie. The seat was the luck of the draw. One bad seat for usually excellent seats is a reasonable average.

All I was telling you is let go and follow your passions whether it be Haut Brion , Margaux or whatever. I only mentioned Laffite because we did a wine tasting at the Chateau in May. You have mentioned the lost laundry ad infinitum so time to forget it.

Things happen and sometimes a shrug of the shoulders is all it takes to move on.......so much obsessing cannot be good for the temperament.

Edited by Emdee

I am purchasing the laundry package for my cruise next week........

I drink single malt scotch and have a nice collection. The PG has nothing I am interested in there. Wine? I can buy great wine here much cheaper. I don't get the appeal of paying for overpriced wine on ANY cruise ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about doing this. Whenever I travel my shirts always seem to get wrinkled. I already dry cleaned all of my shirts that I plan on wearing for dinner. If I'd have known about the laundry service aboard the PG I would have waited to have my clothes done aboard!

• 5 years later...
On 8/4/2014 at 11:44 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Okay, here's what the website says:

Costs vary according to whether guests want a pressing only, laundry and pressing, or dry cleaning and pressing. For gentlemen, prices range as follows:

• Pressing: from $2 for a T-shirt to $8 for a 3-piece tuxedo

• Laundry and pressing: from $2 for a swimsuit to $9 for a 2-piece suit

• Dry cleaning and pressing: from $3 for an undershirt to $14 for a 3-piece tuxedo

For ladies, prices range as follows:

• Pressing: from $2 for a T-shirt to $8 for a suit

• Laundry and pressing: from $2 for a swimsuit or stockings/pantyhose to $11 for a 3-piece suit

• Dry cleaning and pressing: from $2.50 for socks to $14.50 for a suit or evening dress

Not a lot of info--so a man's shirt might be $5 or so?

Anyone have a current price list? I’m trying to find out the cost for pressing dresses. 

On 8/4/2014 at 12:11 PM, ducklite said:

This is the full list as of May, 2014. (And what I was referring to in my previous post about not accepting a photocopy with no duplicate from your cabin steward.)

pglaundry_zps45f955d1.jpeg

Anyone have a current list?