Celebrity Millenium Around japan 10/11/2015 cancelled?

CJcruzer

I JUST booked this cruise 2 days ago, and now it is off the Celebrity site? i know the Sep 27/2015 and the April 2015 cruises have been cancelled - possibly and probably chartered out.....are all Around Japan cruises being chartered? The October 25 sailing, Tokyo to Hong Kong, is still listed, but that is not strictly Japanese ports ......

anyone have any insight?

Carol

We are booked on both the September 11th transpacific and the September 27th 14 night Japanese cruise. The September 27th cruise was the first to be removed from the X website. Those of us on the roll call have contacted Celebrity, and the responses have been less than clear. Would the "official" Celebrity poster care to comment?

We are booked on both the September 11th transpacific and the September 27th 14 night Japanese cruise. The September 27th cruise was the first to be removed from the X website. Those of us on the roll call have contacted Celebrity, and the responses have been less than clear. Would the "official" Celebrity poster care to comment?

who or what is an "official" Celebrity poster? I doubt anyone from HQ will be coming on Cruise Critic to post about the status of these Japan cruises.....

My thought is merely conjecture, but was wondering if anyone had heard through their TA what was going on.

Carol

After having our second Japan cruise cancelled, we don't even have another Japan cruise.

The transpacific will apparently end in Shanghai. They must have chartered to a group of Chinese.

Most likley. There is money just pouring out of China at the moment. The middle class Chinese who never had the money 10 or so years ago, now have it with the ever expanding Chinese economy. I was amazed to see how many Chinese were exploring their own country and abroad when I visited in May this year.