El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Hi Everyone ,

I just found a advance warning, thru an agent's email,a deal that starts on Sunday ....South Pacific Cruise Celebrity Solstice - 8 nights ex Sydney, Australia,pay inside price and get a balcony upgrade:D ,twin share $1015 each:eek: ,looks like I may be booking ,another cruise- at those prices for a balcony .Now to find someone to book with me ....

Celebrity Solstice Double Upgrade 7 Day Sale!

Book an balcony cabin for the price of an inside cabin.

Sale starts this Sunday 3 May

Available on selected cruises departing between 21 Oct - 1 Apr 16

PLUS combine it with Pick Your Perk Sale

Cheers Deb

Mmmmm I hope I can find it.

Does it give actual sailing dates?

Hi Everyone ,

I just found a advance warning, thru an agent's email,a deal that starts on Sunday ....South Pacific Cruise Celebrity Solstice - 8 nights ex Sydney, Australia,pay inside price and get a balcony upgrade:D ,twin share $1015 each:eek: ,looks like I may be booking ,another cruise- at those prices for a balcony .Now to find someone to book with me ....

Celebrity Solstice Double Upgrade 7 Day Sale!

Book an balcony cabin for the price of an inside cabin.

Sale starts this Sunday 3 May

Available on selected cruises departing between 21 Oct - 1 Apr 16

PLUS combine it with Pick Your Perk Sale

Cheers Deb

Is it just on the 8 night South Pacific cruises?

If so, there are three. I've shown the current prices for the cheapest inside and verandah cabins:

November 26th 2015

Inside $851

Verandah $1251

In this case the price of $1015 splits the difference beteeen the cabin prices but you still save $236

December 28th 2015

Inside $1995

Verandah $2015

Massive saving of $1000 if it applies to this cruise :eek:

April 1st 2016

Inside $1051

Verandah $1251

Again a saving of $236

Edit - gotta remember those prices are plus fees and taxes, and plus gratuities if you don't pick those as your perk.

I'm going to watch this carefully. If they do offer it on the December cruise I'd be tempted to do a B2B with my Christmas cruise.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Solstice has a relatively small number of inside cabins, just 140 in the whole ship. I guess by offering a deal like that they tempt people into trying a verandah cabin when normally those people wouldn't pay the extra for one. Celebrity probably hopes that those people will get hooked on having a verandah.

I wonder if you get to choose your verandah cabin or whether it's like a guarantee, and I also wonder how many cabins are on offer for each cruise under this deal. I shall be watching this with great interest. :D

Now, will this sale start May 3rd at midnight Sydney time or midnight US time?

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Is it just on the 8 night South Pacific cruises?

If so, there are three. I've shown the current prices for the cheapest inside and verandah cabins:

November 26th 2015

Inside $851

Verandah $1251

In this case the price of $1015 splits the difference beteeen the cabin prices but you still save $236

December 28th 2015

Inside $1995

Verandah $2015

Massive saving of $1000 if it applies to this cruise :eek:

April 1st 2016

Inside $1051

Verandah $1251

Again a saving of $236

Edit - gotta remember those prices are plus fees and taxes, and plus gratuities if you don't pick those as your perk.

I'm going to watch this carefully. If they do offer it on the December cruise I'd be tempted to do a B2B with my Christmas cruise.

Hi Everyone , It is the 26th November 2015 one (8 day) -as well as other ones ,just checking which ones are coming up on their website,will try to list each one 1st April 2016- from $1,251 each (8 day) 28th Dec 2015 (8 day) New Years cruise from $2,115. 12th Oct (12 day) from $2,372 each outside and suites are sold out on that only Balcony and insides left, 5 JAN 2016-Balcony from $2,751 NZ cruise.

I am off to do some 'cleaning ' ! Hope that helps.

Cheers Deb

Edited by angelwingsflys

Hi Everyone , It is the 26th November 2015 one (8 day) -as well as other ones ,just checking which ones are coming up on their website,will try to list each one 1st April 2016- from $1,251 each (8 day) 28th Dec 2015 (8 day) New Years cruise from $2,115. 12th Oct (12 day) from $2,372 each outside and suites are sold out on that only Balcony and insides left, 5 JAN 2016-Balcony from $2,751 NZ cruise.

I am off to do some 'cleaning ' ! Hope that helps.

Cheers Deb

$2115 for 28th Dec cruise. Bummer! Does that include fees and taxes? If not, it's higher than the current price. :eek:

Re the celebrity sale , how do we know what the actual drink package is they are talking about as being one of the perk options, ?

It's the Classic drinks package, Ru2on.

"Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list."

If you want the Premium package it will cost you an extra US $12pp per day to upgrade it.

"Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving. Indulge in unique craft cocktails, extra-large martinis, even liquid nitrogen-chilled cocktails from the Molecular Bar. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list."

The celebrity drink package is excellent. Includes all coffees and teas as well plus bottled water. If there are a couple of sea days then you will get excellent value.

Hopefully they'll have a decent selection of premium wines by the glass in the MDR. Since I can't drink most Sauvignon Blancs or Cabernet Sauvignons I sometimes to find wines I like when the wine lists are very limited.

Hopefully they'll have a decent selection of premium wines by the glass in the MDR. Since I can't drink most Sauvignon Blancs or Cabernet Sauvignons I sometimes to find wines I like when the wine lists are very limited.

If you want a range of wines you'll need to upgrade to premium. Classic only has a limited selection, basically just the bottom level of each variety.

This is an extract from the email I received:

Celebrity Cruises have just announced their Double Upgrade 7 DAY SALE. Beginning this Sunday 3 May all Celebrity Solstice local departures between 21 Oct 2015 - April 2016 will receive a FREE inside - balcony upgrade PLUS the current Pick Your Perk Sale. Contact us on 1800 121 187 with your expression of interest & our team will hold your cabin as soon as the sale starts.

22 October 2015

14 Nights

Voyager Of The Seas

Up To $200 Onboard Credit*

Twin From $889 pp

Quad From $591 pp

Solo From $1603

Ship Name: Pacific Jewel Cruise Code: J522 Departure Date: Friday, 5 June 2015 Cruise Name: Singapore to Brisbane Nights: 16 Departing: Singapore

From Inside $919 pp, Oceanview $1160

Ship Name: Sea Princess Cruise Code: C511N Departure Date: Friday, 22 May 2015 Cruise Name: Sydney to Dubai Nights: 20 Departing: Sydney

From $999 per person Inside

Ship Name: Explorer Of The Seas Cruise Code: EX03NOV15 Departure Date: Tuesday, 3 November 2015 Cruise Name: Singapore to Fremantle Nights: 10 Departing: Singapore

From $862 per person inside

Hi Sara, was the Sea Princess price on an email to you from Princess? Shown as $1808 on the website. Shame the airfare back to N.Z is over $1500 each. Anjo.

If you want a range of wines you'll need to upgrade to premium. Classic only has a limited selection, basically just the bottom level of each variety.

Yes, we intend upgrading to Premium. The Classic package is a bit too limited for us - we like interesting cocktails and premium wines.

Thanks to a friend I have the Ts&Cs

Must book and pay deposit 3 May to 1o may

Solstice cruises 21 oct to 1 Apr

IT IS COMBINABLE WITH pick your perk but not with any other offer or discount

Limited cabins.

Though it seems they've upped the price on the insides. One cruise I'm watching it is only about 5% savings

Hi Sara, was the Sea Princess price on an email to you from Princess? Shown as $1808 on the website. Shame the airfare back to N.Z is over $1500 each. Anjo.

Its was on an online Ta site. Price is gone now. Must have only had a couple of cabins to shift. Its now showing $1700 pp

Hi Gut , the cruise your watching isn't the November sth pacific one is it? , I have wanted to try the Celebrity Solstice for awhile now but it seemed out of my price range . The November 26th sth pacific looks like a total bargain and although I don't like think much of the itinerary I am very tempted to jump on board at that price . Only that we are booked on the Aria on dec 7th and its itinerary is much better that I am hesitating (let's be honest going back and forth from one decision to another is probably not hesitating !) got to the point I'm wondering if Ihave the money and time to do both :)

Has anyone been on the Celebrity Solstice is it worth trying the ship over the destination?

Thanks to a friend I have the Ts&Cs

Must book and pay deposit 3 May to 1o may

Solstice cruises 21 oct to 1 Apr

IT IS COMBINABLE WITH pick your perk but not with any other offer or discount

Limited cabins.

Though it seems they've upped the price on the insides. One cruise I'm watching it is only about 5% savings

Hi Gut , the cruise your watching isn't the November sth pacific one is it? , I have wanted to try the Celebrity Solstice for awhile now but it seemed out of my price range . The November 26th sth pacific looks like a total bargain and although I don't like think much of the itinerary I am very tempted to jump on board at that price . Only that we are booked on the Aria on dec 7th and its itinerary is much better that I am hesitating (let's be honest going back and forth from one decision to another is probably not hesitating !) got to the point I'm wondering if Ihave the money and time to do both :)

Has anyone been on the Celebrity Solstice is it worth trying the ship over the destination?

The one we are looking at it circle Australia NZ.

People I trust say Solly is great so worth trying.

I haven't been sailing for a few year upto Dec last year when we tried Celebrity Century I've been told century is 4 star Solstice 5. So I think it is worth a go

At the moment to round Aus is a toss up between Diamond Princess and solstice at the moment leaning towards princess for that one then the 8 nights in April to try Solstice.

It was the Solstice round Aus that seems to have jumped 5-10% in the sale compared tp pre sale but it is still a small savings but guarantee only.

Hi Everyone,

Just looking at the Celebrity site they have the balcony cabin cost of inside cabins , just a lesson for me to check all the pricing ,it certainly adds up fast

$852.00 AUD:)

per person

But when you add the taxes, fees and port expenses of 163.05 AUD per person that are additional.Then the gratuities are added,it is over $1100 :(.Certainly adds up ),but for a balcony not a bad price ,for 8 days

yes I have booked now ,wanted to try the Century Solstice ,taking my god daughter with me .

Cheers Deb

PS ,It also included one of the perks ,I chose the drink package .

Edited by angelwingsflys

Hi Everyone,

Just looking at the Celebrity site they have the balcony cabin cost of inside cabins , just a lesson for me to check all the pricing ,it certainly adds up fast

$852.00 AUD:)

per person

But when you add the taxes, fees and port expenses of 163.05 AUD per person that are additional.Then the gratuities are added,it is over $1100 :(.Certainly adds up ),but for a balcony not a bad price ,for 8 days

yes I have booked now ,wanted to try the Century Solstice ,taking my god daughter with me .

Cheers Deb

PS ,It also included one of the perks ,I chose the drink package .

Those port charges, taxes and grats can bump the price up.

The cruises I was watching only dropped about $1000 all up, that's on about $10,000 fare, so it seems they bumped the price of the insides.

Those port charges, taxes and grats can bump the price up.

The cruises I was watching only dropped about $1000 all up, that's on about $10,000 fare, so it seems they bumped the price of the insides.

Hi GUT2407 ,

I think that they did bump up the inside cabins I had already checked them about a month ago ,and they were about $150 cheaper on the inside one .

Just got my booking from a travel agent(online) ,whoa:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:- it is $900 deposit by Tuesday ,I wonder what the deposit is thru Celebrity ,does anyone know?

Cheers Deb