El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Could be just higher grades quad left. Other times (likely with the prices here) it's just because they've put a special/guarantee on the twin share price, and left the quad alone.

Thanks Big M

Rgds

John

We have a child drop and collect us from Jolimont. When we get to Central, we have found it quite easy to get the train from Central to Circular Quay.

At the end of the cruise, we just front up at the bus station and ask to get on the next bus. Never been knocked back.

I think driving through the Sydney traffic to the Opera House for parking would give me the heebie jeebies!

Us too! Central or the airport. It's a long time since we've had to negotiate city traffic. We get family or a friend to drop and collect at Jolimont and it's stress free the whole way to Sydney knowing our holiday has started and if we've forgotten anything it's just too bad.

Quiet times on here. Thread has turned into the El Cheapo Canberra to Sydney travel thread LOL.

At present I am suffering from lack of future bookings with nothing locked in for 2017. Sweating on a bargain for either a Trans Pacific to Seattle on Explorer in April (then probably a last minute Alaska) or the Ovation repo to Singapore B2B into Sing-Tianjin.

As I would like to spend a while in China after the cruise either works out. Cheap one way flights on Sichuan Airlines direct from Vancouver to Nth China for under $500 which includes 2 x 23 kg bags so fine for post cruise. Have points for China back to Syd on Singapore Airlines in business which will be a first for us.

Of course any great last minute local cruises next summer will be snapped up.

Quiet times on here. Thread has turned into the El Cheapo Canberra to Sydney travel thread LOL.

At present I am suffering from lack of future bookings with nothing locked in for 2017. Sweating on a bargain for either a Trans Pacific to Seattle on Explorer in April (then probably a last minute Alaska) or the Ovation repo to Singapore B2B into Sing-Tianjin.

As I would like to spend a while in China after the cruise either works out. Cheap one way flights on Sichuan Airlines direct from Vancouver to Nth China for under $500 which includes 2 x 23 kg bags so fine for post cruise. Have points for China back to Syd on Singapore Airlines in business which will be a first for us.

Of course any great last minute local cruises next summer will be snapped up.

Well if you or Sarah can't find anything there's not much hope for me.....lol. have been looking hard for 2017/18

Well if you or Sarah can't find anything there's not much hope for me.....lol. have been looking hard for 2017/18

Likewise, I have been trawling all my usual sites and nothing is grabbing my attention as a bargain or a must do. I need something for 2017 and 2018.

Likewise, I have been trawling all my usual sites and nothing is grabbing my attention as a bargain or a must do. I need something for 2017 and 2018.

There is one thing that has taken my fancy Princess 5812a Japan & Alaska 23 days April 2018. But I would like a balcony for Alaska a bit pricey. No incentives for booking early. Never been on Princess before so no past pax discounts. I guess I will wait and see what happens a long way off.

I am mainly looking for RCL and at present each "sale" they have is actually going up in price. They are testing out patience but there are still a lot of empty cabins on the Explorer Trans Pacific and I am confident that the waiting game comes off.

I would prefer to be able to book on board the Radiance in Dec but that is before final payment so will be a bit early IMO. BUT I could always book a last minute Jan/Feb bargain and then book the April one on board that cruise....:p

Lol..... you are definitely a mover and shaker. It sounds like a good plan 😊

I checked X Solstice 9 Dec 2016 cabins and there didn't appear to be many left yet x were actually trying to encourage sales by adding free flight syd-akl. Am I missing something!!

There nothing much of late in terms of being cheap. Unless you want to go PO Australia who seem to have sales all the time. I reckon they would have much better luck not having such high opening price.

I too am struggling to find cruises that inspire me price wise for the future. There doesn't seem to be deals or much OBC offered at the moment. Skinny times at the moment. But not to worry. November is coming around.

There nothing much of late in terms of being cheap. Unless you want to go PO Australia who seem to have sales all the time. I reckon they would have much better luck not having such high opening price.

I too am struggling to find cruises that inspire me price wise for the future. There doesn't seem to be deals or much OBC offered at the moment. Skinny times at the moment. But not to worry. November is coming around.

There's the 25n Golden Princess repo Beijing-Sydney this October. Base prices on Princess show inside cabins at just under $96pp, OV $118 etc.

There's the 25n Golden Princess repo Beijing-Sydney this October. Base prices on Princess show inside cabins at just under $96pp, OV $118 etc.

I've got that on my watch list. Waiting to see if it drops a little bit more.:D

You got to factor in flight to China, visa. etc

Edited by icat2000

Yes, that is what I am waiting for as well (although more for cruises in 2017).

agree, have seen some not bad cruise bargains, but not cheap flights to match up with them and vice versa

38 days Ports World Cruise Segment - New York to Sydney on Princess site

Jul 20, 2016

Sea Princess

$5,999 pp ocean view

Ports: New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York | Bermuda (West End) | Cartagena, Colombia | Panama Canal (Scenic Cruising) Panama | Manta, Ecuador | Lima (Callao), Peru | Pisco (San Martin), Peru | Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile | Easter Island, Chile | Pitcairn Island (Scenic Cruising) | Tahiti (Papeete), French Polynesia | Raiatea, French Polynesia | Cross International Date Line | Auckland, New Zealand | Sydney, Australia

I've had my eye on a Sea Princess cruise in November to ports in Vanuatu some that I've not been to and others I'd like to visit again. Currently the best balcony price I can find is $2140. Friends of ours went on exactly the same cruise in January and it was $1500 + OBC for a balcony. I guess we'll just have to wait until closer to the time.

I've had my eye on a Sea Princess cruise in November to ports in Vanuatu some that I've not been to and others I'd like to visit again. Currently the best balcony price I can find is $2140. Friends of ours went on exactly the same cruise in January and it was $1500 + OBC for a balcony. I guess we'll just have to wait until closer to the time.

I can see it for $2067 pp cheapest balcony. I'm waiting on November. They tend to drop.

Edited by icat2000

Wow. Wouldn't you believe it RCL having another sale:D

Royal Caribbean's WOW Sale is back again for 7 days only! You can take advantage of some fantastic offers, on some of Royal Caribbean's amazing itineraries, including Ovation of the Seas! You could Buy 1 Get 1 Up to 50% Off + Get Up To $200 To Spend On board + 25% Off

Guests 3 & 4 + 50% Deposits! This is an offer you cant't afford to miss! Check out these great sailings below and book your next Royal Caribbean Cruise before it's too late! Offer ends 10th June 2016.

Wow. Wouldn't you believe it RCL having another sale:D

Royal Caribbean's WOW Sale is back again for 7 days only! You can take advantage of some fantastic offers, on some of Royal Caribbean's amazing itineraries, including Ovation of the Seas! You could Buy 1 Get 1 Up to 50% Off + Get Up To $200 To Spend On board + 25% Off

Guests 3 & 4 + 50% Deposits! This is an offer you cant't afford to miss! Check out these great sailings below and book your next Royal Caribbean Cruise before it's too late! Offer ends 10th June 2016.

I just booked with this sale.....third person was $750 US + tax for 9 day cruise.

The US $ rate was a better deal than booking in OZ...plus got extra $150 obc and one free Specialty meal for 2.

Booked thru US site in NH.

I just booked with this sale.....third person was $750 US + tax for 9 day cruise.

The US $ rate was a better deal than booking in OZ...plus got extra $150 obc and one free Specialty meal for 2.

Booked thru US site in NH.

Good stuff, glad someone can take advantage of it.