El Cheapo Cruises Thread

7 hours ago, voluntr57 said:

3 day Melbourne to Sydney on Golden Princess 5 Apr 19 is currently $349 for a balcony. On their website.

It's a bit strange.

On the Princess site it starts out saying that it is $344pp for the balcony, but if you keep going to select the room it says that it is $569pp.

27 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

It's a bit strange.

On the Princess site it starts out saying that it is $344pp for the balcony, but if you keep going to select the room it says that it is $569pp.

Yes,  I've just seen that. Balconies are now back to their original price. I was lucky to get in this morning and get one for $349.

7 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Thanks. I had an inside but your post enabled me to get an upgrade (at a small change cost extra).

Glad you were able to take advantage of it. I upgraded from an obstructed view to a balcony and actually saved money.

Jeanine

24 minutes ago, marinating said:

Just got a great deal with Royal Caribbean, Ovation 8 nights departing 9th April to South Pacific.

FLASH SALE $999 for balcony guarantee with Diamond discount $865.28 each. Very happy!

Was that direct from the RCI site?

If so, it seems to have gone to $1901pp now when you drill down.

3 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

3 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Was that direct from the RCI site?

If so, it seems to have gone to $1901pp now when you drill down.

Yes it was, initially online wouldn’t give me that price so I phoned RCI who said it had sold out and tried to offer me another cruise deal. I went back online and shortly after I was able to book at $999 and then it gave me the balcony discount. Maybe try again later if you are keen.

We got a good deal  on the Explorer of the Seas on the RC website on Tuesday, a balcony guarantee  for 8 nights, Qld cruise - Feb1st for $849 ea with D+ discount.

Had to be quick as they are now selling balconies around $1500 or more each but were giving $500 obc per cabin.

Edited by megsie

4 hours ago, marinating said:

Yes it was, initially online wouldn’t give me that price so I phoned RCI who said it had sold out and tried to offer me another cruise deal. I went back online and shortly after I was able to book at $999 and then it gave me the balcony discount. Maybe try again later if you are keen.

You were lucky to grab it when you did. Great work.

1 hour ago, megsie said:

We got a good deal  on the Explorer of the Seas on the RC website on Tuesday, a balcony guarantee  for 8 nights, Qld cruise - Feb1st for $849 ea with D+ discount.

Had to be quick as they are now selling balconies around $1500 or more each but were giving $500 obc per cabin.

Another nice deal. Well done.