Booking onboard

I have a question that relates to onboard booking, so I'm just going to add it here versus starting a new topic.

I saw a cabin (JS) that we really wanted to book open up over the weekend, so I booked it under the BOGOHO "sale." It is for a Feb 2016 cruise. I am comfortable with the price paid, but would of course always like to save a few dollars and/or get onboard credit.

I was originally going to book it on our Feb 2015 cruise in order to get the OBC. If (and I know it is a gamble) the pricing remains similar can I rebook the 2016 cruise while onboard to get the OBC, and NOT lose the cabin we already booked?

As an add-on question to that, we will make Platinum C&A on our Feb 2015 cruise and would then qualify for the balcony discount. If we were able to do the above, and get the OBC without losing our cabin of choice, would we then be able to call back in after our C&A status is updated and add the Platinum balcony discount?

Sorry for the noob questions, and hopefully I explained that well enough to understand. Thanks for any and all input.

Dan.

Yes, you can cancel and rebook onboard. There's a very small chance you will lose the stateroom. However, you will pay whtever is the current price. Same when you add the balcony discount - they will reprice the cruise when you do that.

Yes, you can cancel and rebook onboard. There's a very small chance you will lose the stateroom. However, you will pay whtever is the current price. Same when you add the balcony discount - they will reprice the cruise when you do that.

Thanks so much Bob. I was hoping you would respond. I do realize the cruise would be repriced at the then current rate and is certainly something we would take into consideration.

I hope our paths cross onboard one day. Would love to meet you and your wife and extended a glass of wine, beer, your drink of choice, for all of the help you provide.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much Bob. I was hoping you would respond. I do realize the cruise would be repriced at the then current rate and is certainly something we would take into consideration.

I hope our paths cross onboard one day. Would love to meet you and your wife and extended a glass of wine, beer, your drink of choice, for all of the help you provide.

Dan.

You're welcome, and I hope to take you up on your offer some day.:)

Last Nov we booked our upcoming cruise - onboard. We had heard about a special rate while on an earlier cruise - a rate that sounded great.

Loved that the deposit was low - so we've had a cruise reserved for the past 9 months for just 200.00.

We now have a 150.00 onboard credit. Also another plus.

But, as already mentioned, the booking was time consuming and took a couple of attempts to connect with the agent.

May do it again IF I know exactly what I want - the perks are nice but I like the adventure and control of researching and booking it myself online.

It's just preference and convenience. Besides, I got DH to commit a year ahead of time and it's MY Retirement Party!!! :p

Carefully read the T & C's on the link provided by Bob IN POST #2

I called C&A and because we bought ours so long ago we are "Grandfathered" and will both get our $100 OBC. Will have to look closely on the next cruise, I've learned a lot from this thread, Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree that buying a Next Cruise open booking is a waste. What I do like is that booking on the ship was made better in a couple of scenarios. IMHO it saves me from even worrying about it anymore. I think that doing away with it frees up marketing funds that more appropriately rewards people making a real committment to booking a cruise. You didn't even have to waste your time with the LA for one of those open bookings. Just fill out a form and drop it in the box.

I don't think buying one would be a waste.

As I usually sail inside cabins, the OBC is the same for me on an open booking or a booking while I am onboard.

:-)