All Things Vantage

FuelScience

Have been receiving some emails from Vantage World Travel. I was thinking it was a TA and did not read.

Found this CC forum and see that it is a Riverboat Co. - Am I correct?

Vantage World Travel is based out of Greenville, S.C and is NOT VantageDeluxe WorldTravel (based out of Boston, MA) which is the company that many of us have traveled with on Rivercruises, Land, small ship and larger Cruises.

Edited by pbnjrockette

Vantage World Travel is based out of Greenville, S.C and is NOT VantageDeluxe WorldTravel (based out of Boston, MA) which is the company that many of us have traveled with on Rivercruises, Land, small ship and larger Cruises.

Seems like somebody is taking adVantage of confusion??? ;)

We just returned from our second cruise with Uniworld. Loved it especially the all inclusive. But in order to get a great deal we had to pay in full at time of booking. We don't want to do that again! My husband wants to wait a few years before taking another River Cruise. We are now in our early 70's no health issues very active and enjoying our retirement. I would like to book another cruise for 2015 my philosophy postpone nothing! I have been reading about Vantage and looking at the Douro Portugual cruise. What month is the best summer can be very hot. What about October? We would like to do the optional precruise to Mederia. How far ahead do you have to book? I need some advice from anyone that has done this itinerary. Hopefully it's less expensive than Uniworld. Thanks..

Thanks.. I am on the fence whether to wait until 2016.. We have done two River cruises this year and last year. I love the anticipation and planning of a trip. We are thinking of 2015 middle Sept. Is the month of Oct the rainy season?

Thanks.. I am on the fence whether to wait until 2016.. We have done two River cruises this year and last year. I love the anticipation and planning of a trip. We are thinking of 2015 middle Sept. Is the month of Oct the rainy season?

amd1234,

A bit of friendly advise. It only took me a few seconds to google your question and find the answer.

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Portugal/precipitation-october.php

I would like to book another cruise for 2015 my philosophy postpone nothing!

Dear amd,

Our philosophy also! My late wife had a brain aneurysm at the age of 56! Fortunately she recovered enough so we could still travel. In fact, our last cruise together was 3 months before she passed away.

Some years later I remarried, and we traveled with a vengeance, not knowing how long we will have together.

Edited by Talisker92

We just returned from our second cruise with Uniworld. Loved it especially the all inclusive. But in order to get a great deal we had to pay in full at time of booking. We don't want to do that again! My husband wants to wait a few years before taking another River Cruise. We are now in our early 70's no health issues very active and enjoying our retirement. I would like to book another cruise for 2015 my philosophy postpone nothing! I have been reading about Vantage and looking at the Douro Portugual cruise. What month is the best summer can be very hot. What about October? We would like to do the optional precruise to Mederia. How far ahead do you have to book? I need some advice from anyone that has done this itinerary. Hopefully it's less expensive than Uniworld. Thanks..

Vantage offers a 10% disc if you pay 12 months ahead

What kind of perqs does Vantage have for past passengers?

After 3 trips you are considered "President's club" and there are a variety of "perks".

In addition to 5% credit of the past cruise fare for future cruise/landtours (it jumps to 10% after 10 trips)

---- dedicated phone line

----discount on onboard items (I believe it was 10% on bar, giftshop items)

---free flight choice (no charge for making alternate flight arrangements)

---20 euros laundry allowance per person (we were able to use it for each leg of our trip)

---10% off optional tours

As with any company, they want to reward those who keep coming back!

I recommended a couple to Vantage (their first trip) and received an email from Vantage thanking me and telling me I would be getting a $100 check. That was back in June. Still waiting for it. How long does it take to cut a check? A little disappointed. I have been on 6 trips with them. Hello Vantage, how long????

I recommended a couple to Vantage (their first trip) and received an email from Vantage thanking me and telling me I would be getting a $100 check. That was back in June. Still waiting for it. How long does it take to cut a check? A little disappointed. I have been on 6 trips with them. Hello Vantage, how long????

I would call them again because people I recommended booked and I had check within a few weeks.

Hi PBNJROCKETTE - Your last post re: Vantage President's club perks you mentioned that there is a 10 percent discount on optional tours. We've been on 6 trips with them and that was never mentioned for our President's Club deal. Willard