Mississippi Queen

Jimsgirl

Years ago I sailed on the Mississippi Queen, I thought she had been sold for scrap.

In July I sailed up the Elbe river to Hamburg, (I was on QM2) and there moored against the bank, and looking vey run down was the Mississippi Queen. I did not seem she was being used for anything, it was sad to see her so neglected.

Though I would post this just in case there were any past passengers interested.

They're two different MISSISSIPPI QUEENs. The one that use to run the rivers of America was indeed cut down for scrap at a shipyard in Louisiana. It's a pity too as she was truly a fun boat to ride in her day.

The Mississippi Queen in Hamburg was built as an excursion boat in the Netherlands (with late Alan Bates as advisor). Later she moved to Hamburg and is now owned by Kapitän Prüsse. She´s up for sale for quite a time and lying idle.

But the Hamburg Mississippi Queen has never been an overnight cruise ship. And it has nothing in common with the scrapped MQ. Hold on... no, there´s a picture of all three Queens (Delta Queen, American Queen and Mississippi Queen) displayed in the salon :D!

You will find photos here (and also of the other fake boat in Hamburg, the Louisiana Star which has a paddlewheel but is propelled by screws only).

steamboats