Cruise Critic Community
GigglewolfOfTheSeas

Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Posted (edited)

I just booked an October cruise on the Norwegian Gem, with my son, who is very bummed about us having to cancel our June cruise. Does anyone know anything about the gym or the spa area? Separate or coed steam sauna , size ? My travel agent is great but had no idea when I asked her these questions. 

Thank you, 

Mitch 

Edited by MitchYngMuscleDad

16 hours ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

I just booked an October cruise on the Norwegian Gem, with my son, who is very bummed about us having to cancel our June cruise. Does anyone know anything about the gym or the spa area? Separate or coed steam sauna , size ? My travel agent is great but had no idea when I asked her these questions. 

Thank you, 

Mitch 

The paid spa area has a great men only area with  a sauna with panoramic windows, a steam room and hot tub. There is a small free steam room in the gym locker room. 

UPDATE.. Some good news in this sad time 

RCCL Explorer of the sea  has had  its amplification cancelled  

On the upside  the free mens sauna and steam room now remains  for another day 😄 

19 hours ago, alexdw said:

The paid spa area has a great men only area with  a sauna with panoramic windows, a steam room and hot tub. There is a small free steam room in the gym locker room. 

What the etiquette/dress for the hot tub?

Do guys wears trunks, or do they usually go in hot tub nude (like one would use the steam/sauna)?

1 hour ago, Cruise Stud said:

What the etiquette/dress for the hot tub?

Do guys wears trunks, or do they usually go in hot tub nude (like one would use the steam/sauna)?

Depends on the nationality, I go naked. I sometimes find that people see what others do and then follow suit.

Posted (edited)

I removed my post since I was responding to what to wear in the cold tub. 

Edited by ouse456

If there is a hot tub in the mens wet area at any gym I have been too, most men are nude, but I guess its a personal choice. I think most men would agree its more relaxing nude. 

39 minutes ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

If there is a hot tub in the mens wet area at any gym I have been too, most men are nude, but I guess its a personal choice. I think most men would agree its more relaxing nude. 

On 3/21/2020 at 7:46 AM, alexdw said:

Depends on the nationality, I go naked. I sometimes find that people see what others do and then follow suit.

Sounds good and I agree.

Do you guys experience the same types of good conversations in the hot tub as you do in the steam/sauna...or do you find it harder to have conversations in there?

Well that is the thing I find usually the conversation is great, maybe its the fact that everything is on display there are no barriers? Or guys being guys just relax and talk about whatever is on their minds. Anytime you have any questions on my past cruises or some funny conversations I have had.

Feel free to email, being stuck inside since the virus is making me reach out to anyone for a good conversation! 

collingreene1@outlook.com

MitchYngMuscleD

Thanks for sharing!

I just think with the virus going on and so many guys stuck at home its a great time to get to know each other off this site too, hate feeling isolated and love talking about cruising! Feel free to contact me anytime, not going anywhere!

Mitch

collingreene1@outlook.com

that is a great question, I mean my gym is closed I hope they are cleaning and disinfecting there spa area too, be awful to open up and have people get ill

Damn, my May 3rd cruise on the Emerald Princess is of course canceled . Have to wait till September 27th to check out that spa. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, mjs99mjs said:

Damn, my May 3rd cruise on the Emerald Princess is of course canceled . Have to wait till September 27th to check out that spa. 

Sorry error post

Edited by iramack
Error in subject