Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Twodjs - I see that you cancelled your possibly Venice / Fusina / Marghera / Monfalcone / Ancona / Trieste cruise. If you ever do get to Trieste you might want to check out La Lanterna beach - the beach is still segregated by sex. When I go to Trieste to visit family that is always on my list for a relaxing day. Actually, for those staying at the Savoia Excelsior or any of the downtown hotels, it is a 5-10 minute walk from the city centre.

On 4/3/2022 at 12:19 PM, MCOguy said:

Are the sauna experiences better/friendlier guys on RCL or Carnival?  I know the cruise experience between the 2 is vastly different but I only have a few days to take a cruise and those are my only two options. 

I'm glad to hear that RCL has reopened their areas. The Mariner is my only RCL option.

I’ve found the Carnival guests have been much friendlier over the last 2 years. I was on the Horizon in November—small free sauna in the locker room (holds 6) with two showers. Very snug, but very friendly. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, david_alwaystravels said:

I’ve found the Carnival guests have been much friendlier over the last 2 years. I was on the Horizon in November—small free sauna in the locker room (holds 6) with two showers. Very snug, but very friendly. 

Agree with David (hi neighbor!). I feel like Carnival is overall friendlier followed by NCL and then Royal. I need to give Royal another shot since both of my cruises were heavily affected by COVID restrictions. 

2 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Agree with David (hi neighbor!). I feel like Carnival is overall friendlier followed by NCL and then Royal. I need to give Royal another shot since both of my cruises were heavily affected by COVID restrictions. 

I have been with both Carnival and Royal many time. I have found the guests on both lines to be very friendly. I've had many wonderful conversations in the men's area on both lines. Also had some great conversations with ship entertainment crew in the men's area. They are more relaxed when they are off duty I suppose. 

• Like 2

Greetings!  I am booked on Mariner of the Seas in January 2023.  I'm hoping there is still sauna and steam in the men's locker room.  We were on Adventure OTS in Nov 2021 when they were still closed due to covid.  Missed out on some nice relaxing time.  

Definitely appreciate all the great info in this thread!

23 hours ago, willcan said:

I have been with both Carnival and Royal many time. I have found the guests on both lines to be very friendly. I've had many wonderful conversations in the men's area on both lines. Also had some great conversations with ship entertainment crew in the men's area. They are more relaxed when they are off duty I suppose. 

Good to know! Any favorite ships? Definitely agree re the entertainment crew. I had a great conversation with one of the singers on the Gem.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that. I had a few conversations with a member of the ice show cast on the independence.  A musician and a theater dancer on the Freedom.  My favorite class is voyager and freedom. At least before the renovations started. 

On Carnival I had some good conversation with one medical staff on the legend. 

I haven't tried NCL yet.  

Has anyone been on the Quantum of the Seas? Is everything in the spa co-ed? Grabed a last minute deal on a short Alaska cruise May 4th. Was originally designed for the Asian market and this will be the first season in Alaska. I'll agree with the rest - cast and crew can be great conversationalists on Holland America ships as well. 

On 4/21/2022 at 7:53 PM, twodjs said:

Anyone else on the Viking Sea May 13th out of Venice? Pretty port intensive cruise but all Viking ships have a nice free spa area that even includes a snow room. The men's and women's locker/shower areas each have a decent sized sauna and cold plunge. It's a cruise line worth considering.

We’re trying our first Viking Ocean cruise in 2024, long time off, from Auckland to Bali. Looking forward to the spa area! Currently boycotting the ships with only coed spa facilities. 

11 hours ago, twodjs said:

Has anyone been on the Quantum of the Seas? Is everything in the spa co-ed? Grabed a last minute deal on a short Alaska cruise May 4th. Was originally designed for the Asian market and this will be the first season in Alaska. I'll agree with the rest - cast and crew can be great conversationalists on Holland America ships as well. 

As one of the newest builds, yes, Quantum is going to have only the thermal suite, which is mixed sex, bathing suits required, and for a fee. There will be locker rooms in the spa area for those using the thermal suite, but they are usually small and have lockers, toilet facilities, and showers only.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:22 PM, TigerHorse6290 said:

Thanks billybeachboy for sharing the news. It's really disappointing. I booked a cruise withe P&O Ventura for 18th March. Hope they would have no excuse not to open the sauna/steam by then.

Anyone know the current situation on P&O Ventura - or P&O in general?

20 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

As one of the newest builds, yes, Quantum is going to have only the thermal suite, which is mixed sex, bathing suits required, and for a fee. There will be locker rooms in the spa area for those using the thermal suite, but they are usually small and have lockers, toilet facilities, and showers only.

Thanks...darn those new builds...

14 hours ago, JDB78 said:

Anyone know the current situation on P&O Ventura - or P&O in general?

Off Ventura on 1 April. Sauna was open. I was told that's the first time since its return to service. Glad to say it's quite frequently used, particularly the the 2nd half of the 14 day cruise. The stream room was still "resting" with no reason given.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

i must be missing something with this thread. I would prefer a steam room or sauna to be less busy. I like to withdraw a bit; especially if the ship is sailing at capacity. maybe i am just a little anti-social. 

Chad - I wouldn't call it anti-social at all. Lots of people need that chill time alone - especially on a full ship. The least busy time is probably 10 am to 2 pm - and port days are good because most guests are off the ship. Most who post on this thread DO enjoy the interaction during the busier times.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 1:46 PM, twodjs said:

Chad - I wouldn't call it anti-social at all. Lots of people need that chill time alone - especially on a full ship. The least busy time is probably 10 am to 2 pm - and port days are good because most guests are off the ship. Most who post on this thread DO enjoy the interaction during the busier times.

In your experience what are the busiest hours? Most of the time I would prefer a bit of social interaction, etc. Thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edhug55 said:

In your experience what are the busiest hours? Most of the time I would prefer a bit of social interaction, etc. Thanks 

3 to 5:30 pm hours tend to be pretty busy...some prefer first thing in the morning

• Like 1